Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,198 members, 7,880,738 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:06 AM

My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian (3695 Views)

Help My Boyfriend Hates To Bath / What Is The Role Of A Nigerian Boyfriend? / I Love My Nigerian Boyfriend! But Our Barriers Are Yoruba Culture! I'm American. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by hegokillme: 8:36am On Oct 17, 2011
The first time i met him he asked if i was nigerian, i told him no i am from ivory coast.once i told him that he pratically almost walked away from me and i grab his arm to ask what was wrong with that.he said nothing with a big smile on his face and told me how beautiful i was.later on he asked for my number and our relationship went on from there. The down side is he only talked to me and called me when his family and friends were not around and when he is alone. he is pratically hiding me from them and i think its because i am not nigerian. he also doesnt want me anywhere near his mom or sis. when he is on vacation he ignores me for a whole two month or 4 month ,than come back with an excuse that he was depress when he is really on a vacation with his frds/family as i see on facebook. i have dumped him 5 times ,but he keeps on bagging to come back saying i don't understand him at all and i am ungrateful since he buys me stuff.After he ignores me for months he tells me i own him sex and makes it my fault after his dumb excuses don't work.

so i ask these question

does he not want me near his frds/family because i am not nigerian?

is he using me only for his pleasure, since he can ignore me for four month?

i love him and i think he is funny but he is really killing me inside and i don't think he has the intentions of marrying me. but i wanna know am i overreacting.

1 Like

Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Dyt(f): 8:47am On Oct 17, 2011
u know all dese?
wat u waitin 4?
pls cry n drink all u can
bsyds he doesnt worth ur tears
he s left u wit sm piece
pick em up n mk gd use of it
love wit ur head n nt ur hrt
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by hegokillme: 9:04am On Oct 17, 2011
Dyt:

u know all dese?
wat u waitin 4?
pls cry n drink all u can
bsyds he doesnt worth your tears
he s left u wit sm piece
pick em up n mk gd use of it
love wit your head n nt your hrt

thank you so much,this is my first bf thats why it hurts so much.i don't understand why he likes doing this to mev ,i wasss sooooo kind to him.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Dyt(f): 9:05am On Oct 17, 2011
well sm men dont deserve us
jst pls let go of him
u sound 2 beautiful 2 b hurt
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by hegokillme: 9:32am On Oct 17, 2011
Dyt:

well sm men dont deserve us
jst pls let go of him
u sound 2 beautiful 2 b hurt

awwwwww thank you, you are very beautiful too.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Nayah(f): 9:39am On Oct 17, 2011
Poster, good morning, the best way to know is having a sincere conversation with him about his intentions, and ask him if there's any problem if you're a Non Nigerian, then you'll see how to handle the situation

My dear if this guy is not able to see what you are and your knidness then another one will, trust me

Be brave wink
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Dyt(f): 9:41am On Oct 17, 2011
i so know well he ll lie abt it
men dont talk anymore
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Samxiulee: 9:42am On Oct 17, 2011
Dnt think its because u r ivorean thats why he dosent want you,he might be your ideal man but you might be a nigerian from the west or the north and he from the east or deltat area and still he wont be walking down the aisle with you.You are a vocation 4 him,and no ideal guy will excommunicate som1 he loves for 4 months,comes back with a gift telling you he is sorry,and when you refuse him sex he quickly remind you of what he spends on you and inturn you throw ur legs in d air?? Get a grip gf its nt because u r nt a nigerian its because u are not pricing urself well.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Creamish(f): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2011
Confront him gently . . . ask him if he hates your nationality . .  . if he denies it, then tell him he needs to be as plain and honest as possible with u . . he needs to explain his behaviour. If however the tears persist, leave him . . move on with your life.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Nayah(f): 9:57am On Oct 17, 2011
Dyt, I think when you talk "gently" as Creamish said you can have some answers, just a question of courteousy and calm
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Dyt(f): 9:59am On Oct 17, 2011
chuckles
i bet he wldnt say anyth close 2 d truth mayb if he s high he cld
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Nayah(f): 10:12am On Oct 17, 2011
lol Dyt grin some say the truth believe me
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Dyt(f): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2011
yh dose dat says d truth we call dem beautiful liar
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by hegokillme: 10:19am On Oct 17, 2011
Dyt:

chuckles
i bet he wldnt say anyth close 2 d truth mayb if he s high he cld

i believe if he can ignore me for four month ,he can lie to me for everything.
Sam xiu lee:

Dnt think its because u r ivorean thats why he dosent want you,he might be your ideal man but you might be a nigerian from the west or the north and he from the east or deltat area and still he wont be walking down the aisle with you.You are a vocation 4 him,and no ideal guy will excommunicate som1 he loves for 4 months,comes back with a gift telling you he is sorry,and when you refuse him sex he quickly remind you of what he spends on you and inturn you throw your legs in d air?? Get a grip gf its nt because u r nt a nigerian its because u are not pricing urself well.

i think your right , he never even loved me . four month i cried every day and i only thought about him everyday. thts why i say he hates me

Creamish:

Confront him gently . . . ask him if he hates your nationality . .  . if he denies it, then tell him he needs to be as plain and honest as possible with u . . he needs to explain his behaviour. If however the tears persist, leave him . . move on with your life.

i try to confront him but he ignores me than blames me for his problems. or yells at me.

ohhhhhhhhhh he is going to kill me
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by slimyem: 10:26am On Oct 17, 2011
Babe,truth is,you are just a SPORT for this guy.trust me,your nationality isnt the ish.
Run as fast as your legs can carry you now b4 it becomes worse.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Creamish(f): 10:34am On Oct 17, 2011
hegokillme:

i believe if he can ignore me for four month ,he can lie to me for everything.
i think your right , he never even loved me . four month i cried every day and i only thought about him everyday. thts why i say he hates me

i try to confront him but he ignores me than blames me for his problems. or yells at me.

ohhhhhhhhhh he is going to kill me

so y exactly r u still with him?
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Nayah(f): 10:35am On Oct 17, 2011
Hegokillme, my dear I told you you might love him very much but the thing is he seems not be receptive to this attention, so try to take time you want to see other people and maybe the right one, don't focus to something that will be hurting you  smiley
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by hegokillme: 10:37am On Oct 17, 2011
Creamish:

so y exactly r u still with him?  

right now i am breaking up with him , and i needed to make sure 100% i was doing something right, now anytime he beggs for me to come back, i will come back to this thread to keep my mind strict.
i will be nice no more to him.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by hegokillme: 10:38am On Oct 17, 2011
Nayah:

Hegokillme, my dear I told you you might love him very much but the thing is he seems not be receptive to this attention, so try to take time you want to see other people and maybe the right one, don't focus to something that will be hurting you  smiley

i am very shy,but i will try my best to see other people. thank you smiley
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Dyt(f): 10:39am On Oct 17, 2011
i know u must rili b bad ryt now
dont worry its well
trust me
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Creamish(f): 10:41am On Oct 17, 2011
hegokillme:

right now i am breaking up with him , and i needed to make sure 100% i was doing something right, now anytime he beggs for me to come back, i will come back to this thread to keep my mind strict.
i will be nice no more to him.

. . aattaa girl! . . datz more like it! . . Uv got more reasonz to b alive dan dead. wink
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Nayah(f): 10:50am On Oct 17, 2011
Hegokillme I'm a bit like you and can't really talk to men like this but let's try to force the destiny, by hanging out with some girlfriends who might know some other people, but right now take your time you seem to be sad about this story leave you a bit time ok?
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by iice(f): 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2011
Huh?
He hates you but he's your boyfriend.
He ignores you and he's still your boyfriend. Odikwa dense.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by lindabon: 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2011
iice:

Huh?
He hates you but he's your boyfriend.
He ignores you and he's still your boyfriend. Odikwa dense.

Odi ezigbo dense my sister. undecided undecided undecided

OP, you know the truth but you are just living in denial. It is what it is; live him and find someone else that will appreciate you. NO time! undecided undecided undecided
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by MrsChima1(f): 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2011
OP

You appears to be desperate and you deserve better than that. If he doesn't appreciate you for you then you do not need him. There are other men out there that are looking for wives or girlfriends just take it easy and know that settling for any man to have "a man" isn't the way to live.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2011
OP, i'd advice u do not listen to all this craps some people are postin here about u leaving your man, I suggest you sit him down first and find out what exactly the problem is before u come into your own conclusion, cos i have noticed that responses on this thread comes mostly from ladies and some of this chicks respondin have gone tru series of heart breaks and their hearts have been damaged beyond repair, so they all hate men and i am sure some don't even have a man of their. Hold what u have ok, all relationships are not always rosy, there's always thorns somewhere anyhow, but it definitely will get better. You never can tell all that a guy does, he might be gone for some biz trip and wouldn't want you to know or anythin else, and that doesn't mean he doesn't care and that explains why he wouldn't want to leave u. Take ur time before u jump into hasty conclusions that u might regret,cos u never can tell how worse the next guy could be and besides, u dont need anyones opinion here to live ur life. Stay with ur man and it definitely will get better someday, but if U know its not just workin at all, then u alone reserve the right to call it quit, and i trust he's not hatin you because of ur nationality. Cheers cutie
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
leave his azz. undecided
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by AfroBlue(m): 5:08pm On Oct 17, 2011
Ms op, try keeping your legs closed until he steps up to the plate with respect for you.

If he won't take you home to meet his family then he is only using you for one thing.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by kokoye(m): 5:14pm On Oct 17, 2011
Something I dont understand.

Your active boyfriend hates you

you've dumped him 5ive times and he's begged you 5ive times

am I missing something?

if he hates you that much and still begs you around, there must be something he's getting from you . . maybe

From what you have said, Me thinks he's still struggling with your nationality. You need to sit him down and talk it over.

I see no reason why you should be in a relationship in which you are not proud of your partner.

But pretty please, stop abusing the word HATE.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by chines4(m): 5:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
The guy is married, and the wife is in Nigeria, So when he is with the wife, all communication route is closed until later. And you don't need to cry. A lady once told me that any guy that makes you to cry is not worth the tears and the one that worth the tears will not make you cry
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by AfroBlue(m): 6:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend Hates Me,because I Am Not Nigerian by morraty: 8:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
your NIGERIAN+ BOYFRIEND HATES YOU COS YOU ARE NT NIGERIAN? DID YOU FORCE YOURSELF ON HIM? WHY WOULD SOMEBODY BE A BOYFRIEND TO SOMEBODY HE DOESNT LOVE? ARE YOU SURE HE IS YOUR BOYFRIEND? IF YOU CAN ANSWER THESE QUESTION, then you can help yourself.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Standard Of Beauty Of Yoruba Men Vs. Igbo Men Vs. Hausa Men / Men ! Men !! Men !!! What Exactly Do Men Want ? ( A Complain Of A Bitter Lady ) / Photos: Nigerian Girl Rolls On The Floor Out Of Joy After Boyfriend Proposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.