Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,344 members, 7,978,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:04 PM

Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair (26529 Views)

Evangelist Chidi Ibenado Narrates His Near-Death Aboard Air Craft In Congo / London-bound Nigerian Passenger Dies Aboard Egypt Air, Corpse ‘dumped In Cairo' / My Empty Flight Experience On EgyptAir From Cairo To Athens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2023
Nazgul:
It's a pity that Nigerians are not respected anywhere in the world. No thanks to our leaders who have made the country unliveable for her citizens thus making them engage in nefarious activities within and outside the country.

If that girl was a South African, or Tunisian or Botswana, would they have treated her corpse that way? I strongly believe that they would have painstakingly gone through the rigorous process of informing her family and the Country's embassy in Cario.

But of course, they know that even the Nigerian embassy in Cario cannot demand to know why the girl's parents wasn't informed, the Nigerian government most likely wouldn't contact the authorities of Egypt Air, they would only act if Nigerians call them out non-stop on social media.

By acting, they would just release a poorly constructed statement, and that's it. If this happened during election period, the governor of her state who is seeking a return ticket would snap pictures with the parents just to show eligible voters that he cares.

It still baffles me how youths who's future there people have looted, spend their entire lives defending them day and night.

Rip young lady. Your country failed you.

SMH You guys (unpatriotic lot) never cease to not amaze me with your bunkums
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by sammirano: 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2023
So sad, what is she studying at 43, when you should be rounding your affairs in any foreign country. Nigeria is so unfair and pushing citizens to do the unthinkable

2 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by finallybusy: 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2023
She was 43? Cardiac arrest without a doubt. People here die of it as early as 23. This is nothing new.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Omoawoke2(m): 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2023
illicit:

43 year old woman ni o

shocked

This lady can never be 43. Maybe they meant to type 23
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Omoawoke2(m): 11:17pm On Sep 08, 2023
Entanglement:
Maybe she carry drug for stomach, the thing come burst mid air

People are grieving

This is so harsh to say

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by enemyofprogress: 11:20pm On Sep 08, 2023
What could have happened to the beautiful girl? Could it be a case of earth attack or was she poisoned.

Mynd44 how now? How dis weekends go be?

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Memyselfu2009(m): 11:29pm On Sep 08, 2023
Entanglement:

Na mumu u be..

First class
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by leanonme82: 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2023
Granger:
While looks can be deceiving, this young girl looks hale and hearty. What could have done wrong? An independent investigation must be carried out including interviews from as many passengers as possible.

She's 43. Not young. And we must get justice and explanation. Na like this i dey go camp for abike dabiri twitter page. angry
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by leanonme82: 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2023
Omoawoke2:

This lady can never be 43. Maybe they meant to type 23

The more melanated you are the slower you age. I can believe shes 43. Black dont crack.

53 yr old Dolapo Osinbajo in jeans would pass for a 28 yr old.

2 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by profmallor: 11:47pm On Sep 08, 2023
so sad, thats most likely high blood pressure.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by olisaEze(m): 11:49pm On Sep 08, 2023
From unaware to reported sick, that airline is complicit! A detailed autopsy should be authorized to ascertain if foul play was involved. As for the shameless airline, treating a fellow African’s corpse with disdain doesn’t show superiority, but rather its an evidence of a systematic dissonance with your own humanity. Not a single thought for what the family might be going through. Nah, they’re too busy with the balance sheet to give two hoots if their passengers actually make it to their destinations alive!
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Sleekfingers: 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2023
planetx:
43 year old travelling on student visa.

And so? What as age got to do with education?
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by LZAA: 11:54pm On Sep 08, 2023
Granger:
While looks can be deceiving, this young girl looks hale and hearty. What could have done wrong? An independent investigation must be carried out including interviews from as many passengers as possible.
43 young?
RIP to her
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by ElSudani: 11:55pm On Sep 08, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Most Nigerian people are illiterate when the girl was sick Nigerian Embassy was notified they did nothing how do you blame Egyptian airline. 95% of Nigerians are stupid home and Abroad they will vote for a Nigerian and they need a Nigerian can do nothing they start blaming another country. Why don't all of this illiterate blame their useless embassy. Which could not put her in a hospital. In America and Europe this is the stupidity of Nigerian they want to vote for a Nigerian which can do nothing then they want the white people to employ them. Egypt is Egypt Nigeria is Nigeria Egypt is not Nigeria You have a embassy you have a government solve your problem yourself

You are talking rubbish. She was a passenger on Egypt Air, if she fell sick waiting for a connecting flight, it is absolutely their responsibility to get medical help for her.
The embassy is not the first place to call when someone is in a medical emergency.
You are just ranting on an on about nothing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by MeineMutter: 12:04am On Sep 09, 2023
She looked like SS, after deeper look at that pix.
Or probably she’s suffering from certain ailment before her death.

May God rest her soul.

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 12:15am On Sep 09, 2023
ElSudani:

You are talking rubbish. She was a passenger on Egypt Air, if she fell sick waiting for a connecting flight, it is absolutely their responsibility to get medical help for her.
The embassy is not the first place to call when someone is in a medical emergency.

Listen how many countries have you traveled to by flight I have travel to 18 African countries by airline and 12 countries out of Africa. If you do not know the laws of the airports it is better you keep quiet. If you are on transit in an airport it is the duty of your government to take care of you. In reality you don't even have a visa to come out of the airport this is why embassy important. But when you have a nation of illiterate which one to put the blame on other countries when their own country is a hell hole.

When you go on transit you are in an international zone Anything which happens to you your embassy is emittedly contacted. Let's say the airport hand you over to the hospital and you need a serious operation who will pay the bill. I have seen this a lot and it is not something new. In fact in America a lot of people have heart attack on flight and they have to be rushed to the hospital immediately the medical aid of the person will clear his hospital bills. But for an illiterate like yourself what good is your Embassy in Egypt when it cannot take care of a citizen you know what the Egyptian government to take care of a Nigerian when they have their own citizens and problems.

This is the stupidity which most Yoruba and Igbo people they want to vote for themselves and the people which the bone for and do nothing for them even in European Canada America and UK..

A nation where the people vote for people which can do nothing for them and start blaming the Host country. With all the Nigerian which will vote for all campaign for in developed countries what have they done for Nigerian people but the people are stupid they keep on voting for them like this girl.

You cannot expect another country to take care of you that is why Britain right now on top of visa they are bringing travel documents which you need to register

We Nigerians are the only stupid illiterate people which vote for our self and do not go to the people which will vote for.

Egypt is not Nigeria will never be in Nigeria the government of Egypt has an obligation to take care of his own citizens and not ideal which vote for people which can do nothing for them. What you hold a Nigerian passport with a Nigerian name in any passport you are at the mercy of even a cockroach is better than you

When somebody is rushed to the hospital the first thing they do is phone the embassy and let the embassy know that one of their citizens is in hospital. We go to other countries and start voting for idiots like in Nigeria tell me in Egypt how many Nigerian association's are there how many Nigerian Communities are there how many Yoruba and Igbo Communities are there. Which of them visited the girl not 1. But we voted for all of those people

Let me tell you a reality story which shock my heart is still shocked my heart today there was a Nigerian guy which was waiting for transport at the side of the road in an African country a truck carry to ferric acid from the industrial area over at the roundabout I spilt acid on this boy immediately they rushed him to the hospital for 2 days the Nigerian Embassy did not want to pay or even visit him this was the high commissioner for the deputy the boy passed away. This is a real story which I saw with my two eyes in another African country. Now tell me can you blame that African country for their students when our own embassy did nothing for him. We are where we are in Nigeria because we are stupid all over the world

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by SKYHIGHfx: 12:41am On Sep 09, 2023
Entanglement:

U repeat that guy statement, lol
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by ElSudani: 12:41am On Sep 09, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Listen how many countries have you traveled to by flight I have travel to 18 African countries by airline and 12 countries out of Africa. If you do not know the laws of the airports it is better you keep quiet. If you are on transit in an airport it is the duty of your government to take care of you. In reality you don't even have a visa to come out of the airport this is why embassy important. But when you have a nation of illiterate which one to put the blame on other countries when their own country is a hell hole.

When you go on transit you are in an international zone Anything which happens to you your embassy is emittedly contacted. Let's say the airport hand you over to the hospital and you need a serious operation who will pay the bill. I have seen this a lot and it is not something new. In fact in America a lot of people have heart attack on flight and they have to be rushed to the hospital immediately the medical aid of the person will clear his hospital bills. But for an illiterate like yourself what good is your Embassy in Egypt when it cannot take care of a citizen you know what the Egyptian government to take care of a Nigerian when they have their own citizens and problems.

This is the stupidity which most Yoruba and Igbo people they want to vote for themselves and the people which the bone for and do nothing for them even in European Canada America and UK..

A nation where the people vote for people which can do nothing for them and start blaming the Host country. With all the Nigerian which will vote for all campaign for in developed countries what have they done for Nigerian people but the people are stupid they keep on voting for them like this girl.

You cannot expect another country to take care of you that is why Britain right now on top of visa they are bringing travel documents which you need to register

We Nigerians are the only stupid illiterate people which vote for our self and do not go to the people which will vote for.

Egypt is not Nigeria will never be in Nigeria the government of Egypt has an obligation to take care of his own citizens and not ideal which vote for people which can do nothing for them. What you hold a Nigerian passport with a Nigerian name in any passport you are at the mercy of even a cockroach is better than you

When somebody is rushed to the hospital the first thing they do is phone the embassy and let the embassy know that one of their citizens is in hospital. We go to other countries and start voting for idiots like in Nigeria tell me in Egypt how many Nigerian association's are there how many Nigerian Communities are there how many Yoruba and Igbo Communities are there. Which of them visited the girl not 1. But we voted for all of those people

Let me tell you a reality story which shock my heart is still shocked my heart today there was a Nigerian guy which was waiting for transport at the side of the road in an African country a truck carry to ferric acid from the industrial area over at the roundabout I spilt acid on this boy immediately they rushed him to the hospital for 2 days the Nigerian Embassy did not want to pay or even visit him this was the high commissioner for the deputy the boy passed away. This is a real story which I saw with my two eyes in another African country. Now tell me can you blame that African country for their students when our own embassy did nothing for him. We are where we are in Nigeria because we are stupid all over the world

You are still talking rubbish my friend. Apart from the fact that most international flights have trained medical practitioners like a paramedic or a nurse on board. If you are really really sick on board, the emergency services will probably will waiting for you when you land.
I don't know what countries you have been traveling to. But I haven't been to one where the first place to call in case of a medical emergency is your embassy.
Apart from this, most standard international Airports have medical centers.

2 Likes

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by AllenSpencer: 12:51am On Sep 09, 2023
Egypt!

Fvcking racist shithole!

If you think Europeans are racist, you have never encountered that of Arabs.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by RomanGreen: 1:02am On Sep 09, 2023
Look, Nigeria's image is already battered and with the PEPT affirming Tinubu's victory, a supposed drug dealer, it will get worse. Before you come on my mention to tell me rubbish make sure you have sense because how we are treated by the rest of the world is how they perceive us. If this lady were to be an American, Egyptian ambassador will be the one calling her family asap about the situation.
RIP to the Deceased

For those of you supporting Tinubu thinking everything is about tribe and political affiliation, I'm sure most of you have not travelled else you will witness first hand the kind of embarrasment most Nigerians face.

As for the Tinubu miscreants, continue ok...savor your PEPT victory while they continue to wreck and loot this country dry
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by RomanGreen: 1:04am On Sep 09, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Egypt!

Fvcking racist shithole!

If you think Europeans are racist, you have never encountered that of Arabs.

Oh please, are your fellow Nigerians any better? Una dey practice local racism by way of tribalism while others are practicing global racism.

1 Like

Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by ige101(m): 1:28am On Sep 09, 2023
Granger:

This may not be a recent photo, so one can't say she was hale and hearty right now
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by DrAkpamudehe: 1:35am On Sep 09, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Egypt Air is not to blame because at least they put her in a hospital. Some airline will not even allow you to leave the airport especially if you are a Nigerian citizen. I caught a transit flight and I had to wait 12 hours in the airport for my connecting flight. One thing you must know once travelling with a Nigerian passport you are at your own risk. They will not even allow you to leave the departure lounge for 12 hours because of your passport. Let's stop blaming other country and blame ourselves for our stupidity.

You cannot run to another man's land and start opening your mouth when in your own country you are a piece of shit. Immediately that girl was sick Nigerian Embassy should have stepped in and provided medical treatment for her in Egypt not to leave the situation today airline. What good is the embassies abroad which are decoration only for corrupt politicians. The embassy is to play not the airline as vigorously as your citizen for sick the empathy is notified and supposed to Spring into action. But as usual the illiterate Nigerian citizen wanted the airline to do the job of the embassy this.

This is the stupidity with Nigerian people all over the world they vote for idiots and never go to the idiot they want another person to take care of them bunch of illiterate coconut head. All over the world it is the same thing with Nigerian people when it's time to vote they become stupid and vote for themselves after when they want other countries to take care of them they want other countries to give them job the Nigerian idiot which day vote for can do nothing forward them.

Please what is the business with Egypt airline for Egypt country don't you have a fucking government which you vote for why don't you go to them to solve your problem. This is the stupidity of 95% of Nigerians all over the world the word for idiot and start blaming other countries when the idiot can do nothing for them they will never go to the idiot which they vote for. Yourself is Egypt Nigeria and what is a Nigerian in Egypt piece of sheet go to the criminal do vote for and complain

Am very sure this one is a yoruba man.
After all this long sermon, you will still go and vote your fellow tribes man over a competent one from another tribe during elections. Pls stop tribalism
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Luckysbab: 1:37am On Sep 09, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Egypt Air is not to blame because at least they put her in a hospital. Some airline will not even allow you to leave the airport especially if you are a Nigerian citizen. I caught a transit flight and I had to wait 12 hours in the airport for my connecting flight. One thing you must know once travelling with a Nigerian passport you are at your own risk. They will not even allow you to leave the departure lounge for 12 hours because of your passport. Let's stop blaming other country and blame ourselves for our stupidity.

You cannot run to another man's land and start opening your mouth when in your own country you are a piece of shit. Immediately that girl was sick Nigerian Embassy should have stepped in and provided medical treatment for her in Egypt not to leave the situation today airline. What good is the embassies abroad which are decoration only for corrupt politicians. The embassy is to play not the airline as vigorously as your citizen for sick the empathy is notified and supposed to Spring into action. But as usual the illiterate Nigerian citizen wanted the airline to do the job of the embassy this.

This is the stupidity with Nigerian people all over the world they vote for idiots and never go to the idiot they want another person to take care of them bunch of illiterate coconut head. All over the world it is the same thing with Nigerian people when it's time to vote they become stupid and vote for themselves after when they want other countries to take care of them they want other countries to give them job the Nigerian idiot which day vote for can do nothing forward them.

Please what is the business with Egypt airline for Egypt country don't you have a fucking government which you vote for why don't you go to them to solve your problem. This is the stupidity of 95% of Nigerians all over the world the word for idiot and start blaming other countries when the idiot can do nothing for them they will never go to the idiot which they vote for. Yourself is Egypt Nigeria and what is a Nigerian in Egypt piece of sheet go to the criminal do vote for and complain

Just shut up you worthless piece of shit.

You should have typed your balderdash in whatever other language you are comfortable in.

Useless Egyptian slave. I’m not even going to attempt to debate your foolish comment, but you should know you are nothing but shit.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Luckysbab: 1:40am On Sep 09, 2023
Beniyke1:
Am I the only one here who seem not to actually understand the Justice they are seeking for?🤷🏾‍♂️ Na EGYPTAIR kill am? Instead of carrying out an autopsy to determine the actual cause of death then make arrangements to repatriate the corpse back home for burial they are seeking for Justice where there clearly seem to be no wrong.

The only question to ask here is why was the family not contacted first. Then again, did she fully provide adequate emergency contact details as required for all ticket reservation and itineraries. To the best of my knowledge most Nigerians don’t! -just like passenger manifests on road transport services. Many will outrightly refuse to fill, while others will reluctantly fill in non existent numbers. I have seen it severally in the aviation industry as well. Also most travel agencies and ticketing agents don’t even bother to ask their customers for proper emergency contact details. They just fill in obscure details there.

So for the airline to have contacted the consulate which is the next line of action shows that they’ve first tried contacting her emergency contacts. Infact from my experience in the aviation industry, the first thing the airline does in this situation is involving the aviation police and immigration services and handing over all the passenger details available. It is now the duty of the police to contact her family depending on the nature of the emergency, and in the case where the family could not be reached the next step is contacting the embassy which is clearly the case here. There is no way the embassy would’ve been contacted without attempts to contact her family first.

So based on the communication with the consulate her body was deposited somewhere pending when the consulate is able to contact and locate her family for arrangements on the repatriation of the corpse.

So what Justice are they seeking here please?🤷🏾‍♂️
I also don’t even understand the insults, bashing and dragging of EGYPTAIR and even Egypt government here🤦🏾‍♂️

So why were they avoiding communications when the family reached out to them? Is that how they would have handled it if she were American?
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Luckysbab: 1:41am On Sep 09, 2023
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Most Nigerian people are illiterate when the girl was sick Nigerian Embassy was notified they did nothing how do you blame Egyptian airline. 95% of Nigerians are stupid home and Abroad they will vote for a Nigerian and they need a Nigerian can do nothing they start blaming another country. Why don't all of this illiterate blame their useless embassy. Which could not put her in a hospital. In America and Europe this is the stupidity of Nigerian they want to vote for a Nigerian which can do nothing then they want the white people to employ them. Egypt is Egypt Nigeria is Nigeria Egypt is not Nigeria You have a embassy you have a government solve your problem yourself

Fool
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Luckysbab: 1:45am On Sep 09, 2023
ElSudani:

The guy is a deranged fool. No point trying to engage him meaningfully.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Beniyke1: 2:15am On Sep 09, 2023
Luckysbab:

So why were they avoiding communications when the family reached out to them? Is that how they would have handled it if she were American?
first of all, let’s leave all these “…if she was an American, if she was British” everything is not about that please.

Emotions and sentiments aside; from the statements of the airline and even the family, I think due process and protocol was followed here, atleast reasonably. You have to understand how such emergency cases works, especially when it involves casualties resulting in death it becomes more complicated and everyone is trying to be careful to avoid more complexities. The family for example can’t be bombarding the airline with calls, probably calling the call center and customer service who might not even have known about the incident nor have been briefed about it. Even if they might have known about the incident they clearly might not be authorized to speak on it for obvious reasons, and to avoid further complications especially when the matter is already between the aviation police, the immigration and the embassy. We have lots of such situations even here in Nigeria.

With the process and protocol already in existence, all the family have to do is to liaise with the embassy to investigate the situation leading to death, carry out an autopsy and work towards repatriation of the corpse. That’s all. Having reported to the aviation police and immigration at arrival, down to the embassy, the airline has done and cleared its part. Meanwhile from the account of the airline the lady got ill after her arrival at Cairo while waiting for her outbound flight to London, and died when attempts were being made to get her full medical attention. Not as if she actually died in the flight. Let’s also try to understand the circumstances around an incident before some kinda judgement.

Let’s leave all these “…Arabs are wicked; EGYPTAIR should be banned; if she was an American” and all that. Nigerians we too get victim mentality abeg. We too sabi rant and complain without properly understanding and analyzing a situation critically.
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by gtassure: 2:15am On Sep 09, 2023
I saw a lots of comments calling the deceased young, 43 years old is not young, rip to the dead!
Re: Remilekun Toyosi: Family Demands Justice Over Death Of Nigerian Aboard Egyptair by Christistruth03: 3:06am On Sep 09, 2023
Granger:

Unlikely

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Immigrants Seeking For Asylum Spotted Destroying German Police Cars / Kemi Filani Tours Ibadan Zoo And Agodi Gardens (photos) / Why There Are Traffic On Lagos Roads. See Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.