Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,639 members, 7,921,391 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:22 AM

Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards (13825 Views)

Teenage Girl Swept Away By Flood Buried Near Surulere Canal / Do Ultrasound Scans Sparingly - Doctors Warn Pregnant Women On Hazards / The Ojota Dumpsite: An Urgent Need For Its Relocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by easzypeaszy(m): 8:49am On Sep 10, 2023
If dey pack dat tin well..dey wl find many human remains der plus babies... Places lik dis in Lagos.. If ur waka pass am around 10pm to 2am ur name na gone.
You see dat Agege National road linking to Oshodi express ehhn... No just treck d road from 9pm to 2am..Ritualist go gbab u
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Henry22(m): 8:52am On Sep 10, 2023
Hehehehe......is that a man cooking inside the smelling dump site grin?, Oh God this people sef grin grin grin....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Beniyke1: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2023
Someone will surely come here soon to call the Op ipob/igbo and obidient. Then go dig out pictures from wherever to tell you there are slumps and even more dirty cities in developed countries like US. Just watch out.
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by anonymuz(m): 8:57am On Sep 10, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

Watch as they will start jubilating.

The dirtiest area in Lagos is cleaner than the cleanest area in Anambra
are you OK? Why the tribalism?
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Henry22(m): 9:00am On Sep 10, 2023
This shouldn't make fp abeg, as if we don't know the lifestyle of the westpigs grin
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by sonofanarchy(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

gradually you are turning into tribal animal. If this can be your first contribution, I'm sorry you have lost it in life. Not too late to change.
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by dayorx(m): 9:13am On Sep 10, 2023
The first thing the government needs to do is move the Idi-Araba market away from that canal. Infact there should be no market there.
Secondly, they should clear all the refuse there.

Lastly, give all the landowners there an ultimatum to either redevelop their properties to appropriate standards or risk being taken over by the government.

Nothing short of a compulsory acquisition by the government would make Idi-Araba clean.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Metrofox(m): 9:13am On Sep 10, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

grin grin shut up, if they leave you guys, una go invent the next bubonic plague in history
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by dododawa1: 9:17am On Sep 10, 2023
Northern ZONE
Idi araba
Dirty zone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Pwettylinda(f): 9:20am On Sep 10, 2023
Lagos is a dirty poop site undecided undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 9:31am On Sep 10, 2023
Lagos smells like shit mixed with urine
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by AdaojoTheUrchin: 9:34am On Sep 10, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

Yes...na Obi convert Sanwo-Olu canal to dustbin..
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2023
iammolise:
This is not a function of failed govt, govt can only do so much, the problem bedeviling environmental sanitation is we the people of Lagos state, we are careless, reckless and negligent, not to mention stubborn too, we would cry govt this govt that but you as a lagosian what have you done personally to justify yourself and prove your environmental hygiene

What facilities 4 public sanitation has the govt put in place?

Spitz
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Cti28(m): 9:54am On Sep 10, 2023
Henry22:
Hehehehe......is that a man cooking inside the smelling dump site grin?, Oh God this people sef grin grin grin....

Someone somewhere will be munching this food and in affirmation saying the food of delicious. Not knowing the environment from which the food was prepared.
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by AkuOlisa: 10:18am On Sep 10, 2023
It's a lie this is not in lagos or in any south western states don't believe the propaganda this is somewhere in south east properly Abia or Anambra state...

According to some other people in this forum.
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Masterito(m): 10:18am On Sep 10, 2023
Please specify the western world.
meedoLock:
Slums is everywhere, but the western media will make you believe that their territories is cleaner than yours. As developed as they are, you hardly see their Slums on the public platforms but does not mean it's not there.

We will get there when we restructure our country so that everyone can take care of their nooks and crannies to welcome development.
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by ojasweb(m): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

What facilities 4 public sanitation has the govt put in place?

Spitz

I do not know about this particular area in Lagos, however, in most places, LAWMA trucks operate every week.

Unfortunately, many people will prefer to keep their waste until night before dumping them into the canal, instead of using the available facility (LAWMA).

The reality is that the average Nigerians expect everything free.

They won't pay to dispose their household waste because they believe it is something the government can do for free.

Terrible citizens.
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 10, 2023
They will Avoid this Thread. Awon Eleribu.

Mushin Olosha, One of the Worst place to live in Lagos.

Idi-Araba
Idi-Orogbo
Olorunsogo
Olateju
Samco
Challenge
Ladipo

Etc.

Lagos is a very Terrible and the Worst place to live in the World.

My Ancestors have their Old Properties around this Mushin and i use to visit when i was young. Everywhere is always smelling of Sewage. I pray nothing ever will make me visit these extremely terrible places ever again.

Spiits very hard!!!

Invest heavily and massively in Human Resources and Research & Development. They say NO.

They will rather corner and share the Money.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Chiefpriestt: 11:07am On Sep 10, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

I can understand you have gotten used to living in a slum hence your assumption that every other place looks like your slum in Lagos
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by bonnyhope: 11:28am On Sep 10, 2023
Mist people resident in Lagos are dirty
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by GetSenseNow: 11:32am On Sep 10, 2023
This is really filthy.

The first time in my life where I saw a full-grown man pull down his shorts and start pooping into a gutter was in Lagos. I was traumatized. It's a pity they've still not stopped this rubbish

1 Like

Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by ChristianMuslim: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2023
Ibo people have turn lagos to dumpsite.. very dirty tribe

1 Like

Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by AbBlackLaw: 11:55am On Sep 10, 2023
The whole of Nigeria is dirty. Nigerians can't see any water body, drainage or empty land without turning them into waste bins. Sometimes I wonder if there is an imaginary recycling machine inside this places that swallows these dirts.
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by BlackyOne: 12:17pm On Sep 10, 2023
This is where 90% of the plantain and potato chips you buy in Lagos traffic comes from.

30% of the bottle water and 80% of sachet water you buy in Lagos traffic comes from these kind of slum too

Most of the locally made snacks in Lagos traffic are from slum like this.

I get my sauces from Ponmo grin
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by syntekelite(m): 12:34pm On Sep 10, 2023
kelvine:
This is the community they have LUTH one of the biggest teaching hospitals in Nigeria.

More money for the hospital.

Canal wey pass side of luth fence..very irresponsible hospital, armed robbers dey rob their students through the canal luth does nothing, canal and all the gutters around luth are blocked causing serious flood luth dont care.. imagine rushing someone to luth hospital when its raining or late night very very dangerous.. just metres outside their gate robbers have killed and gravely injured mostly visitors or students of the hospital yet they still havent done anything about the situation, campus area wey suppose safe for toasters, lovers, friends to stroll , have fun , mingle is now a dead zone from 9:50pm..
In fact luth has to be the most useless and corrupt hospital in the history of hospitals....
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by lomprico(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

If this is not guilty conscience, i don't know what it is. wink
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by syntekelite(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2023
iammolise:
This is not a function of failed govt, govt can only do so much, the problem bedeviling environmental sanitation is we the people of Lagos state, we are careless, reckless and negligent, not to mention stubborn too, we would cry govt this govt that but you as a lagosian what have you done personally to justify yourself and prove your environmental hygiene

If the past govts had done the right thing with the waterways such nonsense wont happen.. if our canals had been cleared and cleaned for commercial purposes like other water cities e.g france,italy e.t.c it will be hard for citizens to dump refuse there ..a canal that its waters flows freely will attract private investment cos there re a lot of benefits for a flowing canal,just so you know these same canal is interlinked up to surulere and iponri..
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by lomprico(m): 12:39pm On Sep 10, 2023
EXOUSIAng:
Watch as they blame the government

It's the government 's fault
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Henry22(m): 12:43pm On Sep 10, 2023
Cti28:

Someone somewhere will be munching this food and in affirmation saying the food of delicious. Not knowing the environment from which the food was prepared.

I tell you bro grin, more reasons why I don't do street food at all.
Re: Lagos Community Turns Canal To Dumpsite, Battles Offensive Odour, Health Hazards by Odjirigho: 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

You must be a very irresponsible person for always bringing in tribalism to every topics.

I hope you do also reject medical aid in time of emergency from the other language.
FYI: am neither Ibo nor Yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta Hospital Allegedly Seizes Newborn Baby Over N383,500 Bill / Pls Explain This SCAN/HVS/ECS To Me / Nigerians In Diaspora Donate N48M PPEs To PTF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.