Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,284 members, 7,881,058 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:39 AM

Spectacular And Supernatural Guidance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Spectacular And Supernatural Guidance (97 Views)

'Spectacular' Discovery Validates Biblical Story Of Queen Jezebel (Photos) / Why I can't ever Believe In Magic And Supernatural Occurrence / Need Proof of the Supernatural? Meet Joshua Selman Nimmak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Spectacular And Supernatural Guidance by ocnovakmichael(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2023
In the book of Acts chapter nine, Ananias was led spectacularly by the Lord to pray for Saul, who later was called Paul. The Lord said Ananias in a night vision, that is, a dream of the night, Arise, and go into the street which is called Straight, and enquire in the house of Judas for one called Saul of Tarsus: for he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias coming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receive his sight.
This spectacular kind of leading is called the word of knowledge and the word of wisdom. It is the combination of knowledge and its application thereof. You see, Ananias was told at what street to look, the name of that street, the very house in that street, the owner of that house, the name of the very person to enquire of, the place the man of whom he enquires hailed from, what to do when he eventually meets the man, and the plan of God concerning the life of that man.
Acts 9:15-17
15. But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel.
16. For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name’s sake.
17. And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house, and putting his hands on him, said, brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest hath sent me, that thou mightiest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

I remember one certain time I had an experience not so remotely different from that which Ananias had. At that time, I was staying in my uncle’s house. It happened that one day I was sitting in a chair outside the house minding my own business, when suddenly I hear a voice, now this voice couldn’t be any more audible because if it were, others would have heard it. The voice said to me, stand up, take off your slippers and tip-toe down the back of the house and you will see what your little cousin is doing there.
Now I wasn’t expecting to see what I saw than I was the first man to land on the moon yesterday. So as that voice had instructed, I took off my slippers and tip-toed down the back of the house; and as I took a sneak peep standing behind a wall, I saw my little cousin doing some awful things, which I’d better not utter in a word in this book, and I told it his father to reprimand and call him to order.
Although, I was not led spectacularly by a vision or an angel but by the inward witness. Notwithstanding, in my spirit, I was told what to do, where to look, and what I will find upon looking therein.
The prophet Ezekiel narrated how the hand of the Lord God led him to see the abominable things the elders of the house of Israel were doing in secret.
Ezekiel 8:1;5-12
1. And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth month, in the fifth day of the month, as I sat in mine house, and the elders of Judah sat before me, that the hand of the Lord GOD fell there upon me.
5. Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.
6. He said further unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? Even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? But turn yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.

7. And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.
8. Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall; and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.
9. And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.
10. So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about.
11. And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.

12. Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, The LORD seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth.
13. He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
14. Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD’S house which was toward the north; and behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.

Ezekiel saw the elders of the house of Israel burning incense to idols and the women weeping to the Mesopotamian deity of fertility, Tammuz that it may hear them and grant their petitions. These acts the Lord God called the abominations of the house of Israel because they provoked Him to anger.

The Roman Centurion Cornelius was a devout man who feared God and gave much arms to the poor. However, his salvation came when the angel of the Lord appeared to him and led him to call for Simon Peter, who shall tell him words whereby he and his family shall be saved.
Acts 11:13-15
13. And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter,
14. Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15. And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.

Cornelius’ salvation was spectacular. Noticed how the angel of the Lord led him to be saved. First, the angel recognized Cornelius’ authority as a Roman soldier of the band called the Italian band. The angel did not command Cornelius to go and find Peter himself, rather he said Cornelius should send men to go fetch Peter. Now that is respect. The angel respected Cornelius’ office as a centurion of an army of soldiers. Second, Cornelius was told what city to send men to. Third, Cornelius was told the very name of the person to fetch in that city. Fourth, Cornelius was told the place where the man lodged. Fifth, Cornelius was told the exact location of the lodge. Now if this is not spectacular I wonder what is.

In the Bible, scores of people were led spectacularly by a pillar of fire, a pillar of cloud, a vision, an angel, a star. But these were the exception not the rule. If you expect spectacular guidance, you may or may not experience it. But one thing is certain, the leading of the Holy Spirit is for a life time. “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever” (John 14:16).
Oddly enough, concerning spectacular guidance, Scripture teaches that the manifestations of the Spirit is as the Lord wills not as we will. The Lord may will to lead you in a spectacular way, but do not seek the spectacular: because many who did wound up in a spiritual junk heap. You see, satan is the God of this world, if you seek to be led by the spectacular the devil might deceive you through fallen angels or something supernatural that seem godly but is not of God.

Read, comment, and share.

Do not hoard knowledge, propagate it!
Re: Spectacular And Supernatural Guidance by Matrix137(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hey bro. I'm so in need of your view on this my thread I created. Sorry for intruding

https://www.nairaland.com/7861107/written-word-god-now-metamorphosed

(1) (Reply)

Don't Be Afraid To Go / Exploring Your Talents / The Faith Of Our Fathers: Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.