Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,606 members, 7,975,363 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:52 PM

Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? (2229 Views)

My Girlfriend & I Ended Our Relationship Because Of Reno Omokri's Tweets, Advice / Should I Quit My Relationship Because Of This? / My Beautiful Girlfriend End Our 5 Years Relationship Because my Career Pursuit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 11, 2023
Yes I have rejected some people before simply because I didn't just like their names.
First one was Shunom, those of you from southern Kaduna will be familiar with such name. I didn't just like it even though I don't know the meaning.

Second one was Ape, it's an Igala name but I didn't like it as well even though I don't know the meaning.

Third one was ChigaEkpe, it's an unpopular Igbo name, he was popularly called Chigs and I didn't just like it.

Fourth one was Gbenga, please how will a young man be bearing Gbenga , I didn't know how I will tell my friends and cousins that my boyfriend name is Gbenga so I stylishly ghosted him.

The meaning of these names didn't matter to me, I simply don't just like them.

So have you rejected someone requesting for a relationship simply because you don't like their names?
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by LarryCork: 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2023
IconicR:
Yes I have rejected some people before simply because I didn't just like their names.
First one was Shunom, those of you from southern Kaduna will be familiar with such name. I didn't just like it even though I don't know the meaning.

Second one was Ape, it's an Igala name but I didn't like it as well even though I don't know the meaning.

Third one was ChigaEkpe, it's an unpopular Igbo name, he was popularly called Chigs and I didn't just like it.

Fourth one was Gbenga, please how will a young man be bearing Gbenga , I didn't know how I will tell my friends and cousins that my boyfriend name is Gbenga so I stylishly ghosted him.

The meaning of these names didn't matter to me, I simply don't just like them.

So have you rejected someone requesting for a relationship simply because you don't like their names?

Siofra¡¡¡¡ angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2023
LarryCork:

Siofra¡¡¡¡ angry
No, I'm not siofra
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Abifarin16: 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2023
Never have, I never dated anybody with a name that I had to worrying about.

Gbenga Means Lift Me Up.

Oluwagbemiga - The Lord Lifted Me.

6 Likes

Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
Abifarin16:
Never have, I never dated anybody with a name that I had to worrying about.

Gbenga Means Lift Me Up.

Oluwagbemiga - The Lord Lifted Me.
Their meaning doesn't matter to me, I didn't like it .
I was very young then sha but even now I won't still date a chigaekpe
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by MrsTwrite(f): 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2023
🤣🤣🤣😂🤣
Judas, Long John, Solomon, Prince, Samson etc, I don't just like these names.
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Abifarin16: 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2023
IconicR:
Their meaning doesn't matter to me, I didn't like it .
I was very young then sha but even now I won't still date a chigaekpe

We go sha see the name of who you go marry.

1 Like

Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2023
MrsTwrite:
🤣🤣🤣😂🤣
Judas, Long John, Solomon, Prince, Samson etc, I don't just like these names.
Longjohn ke? Kikiki
It's a no no for Longjohn, I can manage Solomon
The rest are fine names
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by iamtardey: 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
If you don’t have an indigenous name… it’s over… the rest I’m just vibing
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by AllenSpencer: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2023
Keep selecting names! You still at your prime.

Your predecessors will have a lot to tell you! When you clock 35, you will even date someone named “Gorilla”

22 Likes

Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Ladyclara002(f): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2023
😂😂
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2023
AllenSpencer:
Keep selecting names! You still at your prime.

Your predecessors will have a lot till you! When you clock 35, you will even date someone named “Gorilla”
You also have names you don't like
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Sonnobax15(m): 8:59pm On Sep 11, 2023
undecided
What has name got to do with relationship na?
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by illicit(m): 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2023
What's your name

2 Likes

Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Salary: 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2023

**What the hell is wrong with you??
**Why would you not date someone because of his/her name??
**A few years ago, dated a girl her name was Samantha, another was Molly; got one too, Phoebe; a few weeks after, Leticia; a couple of blocks away from my apartment, Dottie; Arab girl, Rasheedah!!

Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by AllBlack: 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2023
IconicR:
I didn't know how I will tell my friends and cousins that my boyfriend name is Gbenga so I stylishly ghosted him.
?

what is the name of the one that is fucking you now? Orlando Bloom?
what is your dad's name? Barry White?

2 Likes

Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Asabaman(m): 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2023
I know someone like that but las las na Mrs OnuAmu be her name.

1 Like

Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2023
I once broke up with a girl because of her language. I never liked their language
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 11, 2023
Asabaman:
I know someone like that but las las na Mrs OnuAmu be her name.
kikikikiki
Seriously there are names I can't deal with
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by AllenSpencer: 10:45pm On Sep 11, 2023
IconicR:
You also have names you don't like

I don’t think so! What has name got to do with the person?
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by LarryCork: 10:46pm On Sep 11, 2023
IconicR:
No, I'm not siofra

YOU AGAIN...
SOIFRA...GO N FIND JOB N STOP POSTONH RUBBBISH THREAD PLEASE(no oofense) angry
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by zed7: 8:04am On Sep 12, 2023
This is funny. This is a gen z problem , no lady on her last leg will reject a suitable person because of their names.

5 Likes

Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2023
zed7:
This is funny. This is a gen z problem , no lady on her last leg will reject a suitable person because of their names.
But they won't tell you the reason for rejecting you
I never did when I rejected them
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 12, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
I once broke up with a girl because of her language. I never liked their language
What language is that
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:38am On Sep 12, 2023
IconicR:
What language is that
I don't want problems so i won't tell u.
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 12, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

I don't want problems so i won't tell u.
How is it a problem if you tell me
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:51am On Sep 12, 2023
IconicR:
How is it a problem if you tell me

It is a problem because i'm not even supposed to hate anything i can't create.
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 12, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

It is a problem because i'm not even supposed to hate anything i can't create.
We all know that but it's not that deep

You can say it, it's nothing.
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:57am On Sep 12, 2023
IconicR:
We all know that but it's not that deep

You can say it, it's nothing.

It is a problem to me. U knw how toxic this forum is. U want mek person carry me 4 head say i hate him language?
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 12, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

It is a problem to me. U knw how toxic this forum is. U want mek person carry me 4 head say i hate him language?
Why are you bothered about faceless people?

It's actually a stupid thing hating a faceless person hence the reason I don't take anyone here seriously.
Just say it
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2023
IconicR:
Why are you bothered about faceless people?

It's actually a stupid thing hating a faceless person hence the reason I don't take anyone here seriously.
Just say it

Iconic i no go tell u. I no even de happy with u sef. De reason u rejected someone because of his name is the same reason i broke up with her after hearing her language. It's because we're somehow weird. I don't think i can do that now because of maturity.
Re: Have You Rejected Someone For A Relationship Because You Don't Like Their Names? by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 12, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

Iconic i no go tell u. I no even de happy with u sef. De reason u rejected someone because of his name is the same reason i broke up with her after hearing her language. It's because we're somehow weird. I don't think i can do that now because of maturity.
😂 it was childishness but I won't still date a Gbenga lailai

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make A Girl Visit You Without Resisting And Giving Excuses / Looking For Love: / Kissing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.