Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,816 members, 7,933,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 07:16 PM

This Is Why Pastors Children Sometimes Behave Badly - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / This Is Why Pastors Children Sometimes Behave Badly (298 Views)

Bakare Explains Why Pastors Get Away With Fake Prophecies In Nigerian Churches / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Why Pastors Children Sometimes Behave Badly by Bonab: 2:01pm On Sep 12, 2023
I was asking myself this morning, that why do some children of the clergies, pastors and God servants behave badly. I understand that irrespectively of whom their parents are, a child can turn out bad for different reasons. But one would expect that for a man who is well revered for his good standing in the society, should influence his children to model what he preached to others.
After all, the Bible recommends that anyone aspiring for the office of a leader in the church, should at least rule well in his family, having his children in subjection (1 TIMOTHY 3:2-4)

Below are my thoughts as to why this anomaly may exist in such a Godly home

1) Busy parents not having time to disciple and mentor their children.

Some of these men of God are too busy with ministerial invitations and functions, that they don’t spare time to mentor their children.

2) Some of their children have not known God personally
Sometimes all the kids know is church and religion; which entails strict ways of doing things, and this can be boring to them. Boredom can make you try things that defame the name of God. Knowing God gives you a strong conviction as to why you should do things a particular way, because then you are not seeking to please your carnal mind but to do the mind of God. In 1Samuel 2:12 Eli’s sons did not know God. Imagine the sons of a high priest not knowing God or having regard for Him.

3) They honor their children more than God.
When you care much about hurting the feelings of your children more than the feelings of God, then you are setting your children up for disaster. You give them everything they ask for because you don’t want to offend them. You fear rebuking them because you want to be loved by them. Eli made that mistakes and he paid greatly for it.

4) Wrong expectations
Every child has their own God given assignment to fulfill. Expecting the child to choose your path especially when they are not as gifted as you are, can lead to frustration which may make them to become rebellious and veer off the right way.

5) Wrong examples shown to them by their Parents and other religious authority around them
Children learn more from what we do than what we say. Assaulting and insulting your spouse at home can turn your kids into violent, in-secured kids. The hypocrisy they witness growing up always affects them as adult, and it is because of such hypocrisy that some of them even abandon the faith.

6) Perception

Some church leaders care more about how people see them than who they are. I have heard of mothers giving abortion pills to their kids ,because why would it be said that a Pastor's daughter is pregnant out of wedlock. so rather than getting to the root of the problem to see what led to it, and help the child to behave better; more focus is given to managing public perception of the pastor and his family. such fake life does not help the kids at all. bring them under the light of the truth and mold them appropriately.

6) Lack of spiritual covering
A successful man of God is always a target of the enemy. The enemy can attack his ministry or his family, and so, such a person should always pray for his family. May God help us and give us the wisdom to do the right thing and to get the right result.
Re: This Is Why Pastors Children Sometimes Behave Badly by HAVEIT(m): 2:03pm On Sep 12, 2023
Attimes it may not be the parents fault. Some of the children the type of company they keep can also influence them.
Re: This Is Why Pastors Children Sometimes Behave Badly by izonborn098(m): 2:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
I don't read the epistle u write there.. But one thing i know is anybody can bad wether pastor or governor daughter..
Re: This Is Why Pastors Children Sometimes Behave Badly by LikeAking: 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2023
Bonab:
I was asking myself this morning, that why do some children of the clergies, pastors and God servants behave badly. I understand that irrespectively of whom their parents are, a child can turn out bad for different reasons. But one would expect that for a man who is well revered for his good standing in the society, should influence his children to model what he preached to others.
After all, the Bible recommends that anyone aspiring for the office of a leader in the church, should at least rule well in his family, having his children in subjection (1 TIMOTHY 3:2-4)

Below are my thoughts as to why this anomaly may exist in such a Godly home

1) Busy parents not having time to disciple and mentor their children.

Some of these men of God are too busy with ministerial invitations and functions, that they don’t spare time to mentor their children.

2) Some of their children have not known God personally
Sometimes all the kids know is church and religion; which entails strict ways of doing things, and this can be boring to them. Boredom can make you try things that defame the name of God. Knowing God gives you a strong conviction as to why you should do things a particular way, because then you are not seeking to please your carnal mind but to do the mind of God. In 1Samuel 2:12 Eli’s sons did not know God. Imagine the sons of a high priest not knowing God or having regard for Him.

3) They honor their children more than God.
When you care much about hurting the feelings of your children more than the feelings of God, then you are setting your children up for disaster. You give them everything they ask for because you don’t want to offend them. You fear rebuking them because you want to be loved by them. Eli made that mistakes and he paid greatly for it.

4) Wrong expectations
Every child has their own God given assignment to fulfill. Expecting the child to choose your path especially when they are not as gifted as you are, can lead to frustration which may make them to become rebellious and veer off the right way.

5) Wrong examples shown to them by their Parents and other religious authority around them
Children learn more from what we do than what we say. Assaulting and insulting your spouse at home can turn your kids into violent, in-secured kids. The hypocrisy they witness growing up always affects them as adult, and it is because of such hypocrisy that some of them even abandon the faith.

6) Perception

Some church leaders care more about how people see them than who they are. I have heard of mothers giving abortion pills to their kids ,because why would it be said that a Pastor's daughter is pregnant out of wedlock. so rather than getting to the root of the problem to see what led to it, and help the child to behave better; more focus is given to managing public perception of the pastor and his family. such fake life does not help the kids at all. bring them under the light of the truth and mold them appropriately.

6) Lack of spiritual covering
A successful man of God is always a target of the enemy. The enemy can attack his ministry or his family, and so, such a person should always pray for his family. May God help us and give us the wisdom to do the right thing and to get the right result.

Allow pastors children breath…
Re: This Is Why Pastors Children Sometimes Behave Badly by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:16pm On Sep 12, 2023
Each Individual has his own likes and dislikes so what God told His worshipers is to make sure they inculcate God's laws in the hearts of their children {Deuteronomy 6:6-7} failure to do this the child in question will surely perish if he doesn't do what is required but his blood will be asked from the hands of parents who failed to teach them God's laws! Ezekiel 3:17-21

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Jesus In The Open But 6th And 7th Books In Secret / Breaking News: A Virgin Has Just Given Birth To The Son Of Ifa In Abeokuta / Delivered From Alcoholism!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.