Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,217 members, 7,913,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 07:25 AM

Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? (34382 Views)

The Struggle To Board A Bus At Iyana Ipaja, Lagos Due To Okada Ban / Woman Tries To Board Plane With Her Peacock But Gets Denied (photos/video) / World's Largest Plane With A Wingspan Longer Than A FOOTBALL FIELD(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by FakeNEWSevryday: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2023
finallybusy:
I will always maintain it that children on Nairaland are not normal.
grin
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Okoyiboz3: 9:06am On Sep 14, 2023
RighteousDemon:

Request an aisle seat and you’ll be alright.

Off topic… You scared me you know. Been a while I heard from you. Will you please reply my mentions?

Look at how this one is begging for attention so shamelessly.
Forget the female picture you're seeing, it is a guy like your younger brother behind that moniker.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Nairalander248: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
I'm claustrophobic. So, I'm wondering if I can comfortably board a plane without having the unpleasant symptoms and experience that comes with having this condition. Please, I would like to know. Has anyone here with this condition travel on a plane before? Please, I would like to know. This has been bothering me. My heart races so hard whenever I have this thought.

Please, I would appreciate your inputs.

Thanks.

Same thing with me, I rather use Stairs instead of using elevator... You can overcome it sha
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by SamuelLoch: 9:07am On Sep 14, 2023
This Fadila again!
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Okoyiboz3: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2023
NaBanga:
You can get an anti anxiety medication from your doctor. I used this the first time during an international flight and it helped me tremendously.

Cannabis pills.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by BigIyanga: 9:08am On Sep 14, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:
I'm claustrophobic. So, I'm wondering if I can comfortably board a plane without having the unpleasant symptoms and experience that comes with having this condition. Please, I would like to know. Has anyone here with this condition travel on a plane before? Please, I would like to know. This has been bothering me. My heart races so hard whenever I have this thought.

Thanks.
I’m claustrophobic … but I fly a lot. I havent had a single incident on a plane. I make sure that the overhead air vent is working to counter my claustrophobic mindset of passing out. You can also carry a small rechargeable hand fan. Good luck in your travel.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by OMEGA009(m): 9:09am On Sep 14, 2023
Fadilla, not to worry. You’ll be fine. International flights are more spacious than domestic as the planes are bigger but not to worry. As earlier stated, you’ll not even notice it. Make sure you’re one of the last people to board as having people crowd you when you’re sitting might also trigger your condition. If you’re flying domestic, you can also talk to the airlines manager about your condition and they can make special arrangements like making sure you get the emergency seats (more spacious) or letting you board last and deplane first but all in all, it’s a beautiful experience.

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by DomPerignon: 9:09am On Sep 14, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:

Thanks.

Claustrophobia involves being left alone in a confined space

You will be sharing the cabin with over a hundred passengers and crew .

Unless you have anxiety issues .
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2023
See grammar
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by immortalmortal: 9:11am On Sep 14, 2023
You enter buses and cars that are way smaller... Why are you bothered about a plane that's bigger and more spacious?
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by IamAsiri: 9:15am On Sep 14, 2023
Goodlady:

Use broomstick. Rubbish talk. You that's supposed to use 5 tablets of velum 5 as you dey enter plane. Sleep till you reach your destination.

You don't want her to ever wake up again? Someone that has probably never used Valium before should suddenly use 5 tablets? shocked

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Cantonese: 9:17am On Sep 14, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:

Thanks.

The thought and joy of traveling with others on an airplane should give you some respite. It’s very comfortable.

Again I suggest that you deal with the fear somehow. Please find a way so that you can have a very pleasurable life.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by nkpommpko(m): 9:17am On Sep 14, 2023
finallybusy:
I will always maintain it that children on Nairaland are not normal.
am telling you, they get really weird every day, wentin concern Blackman with claustrophobia. It all this GMO food they swallow. They are all looking the same. Mup haired fat sluppy bloated pumpkins

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by occfx: 9:18am On Sep 14, 2023
Na you know waitin be catoastrophobic... If you are expecting me to start searching on Google, you are wasting your time. I am a typical black man and Tinubu is our major problem at the moment. If you like board plane, if you no like go back to village
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by sergioclaudio(m): 9:22am On Sep 14, 2023
As everyone mentioned, the effect shouldn't be any worse than when you are in a vehicle as the plane is considerably larger in size.
Other things that may help include:
- Flying in a larger plane rather than the tiny ones, most international flights use large airplanes
- You can tell a flight attendant that you are claustrophobic and may need help while boarding, just to alert them
- You can speak to your doctor about getting an anxiolytic medication to relieve the anxiety about the situation.
- Lastly, focus on the destination.

I hope these helps.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by WIZGUY69(m): 9:23am On Sep 14, 2023
I’m claustrophobic too. To help yourself, don’t just board Air peace grin
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Bankowner: 9:24am On Sep 14, 2023
I cannot imagine why you think large, commercial airliners are claustrophobic. Some of these aeroplanes are as tall as 5 storey buildings wheels down with wide bodies accommodating as much as 10 seats per row with aisles in between. Except you're referring to those planes we often refer to as mosquito planes, then you can easily overcome your fears by engaging in an activity that'll distract your attention e.g., going to sleep immediately you board, listening to select songs that you love, or seeing one or two interesting movies through the duration of the flight. When the no seatbelt lights are on, you can decide to walk around by going to the washroom and back even if you don't have need to use it.

In all, it's up to you to condition your mind about flying in aeroplanes and I trust you can do it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by pizapato(m): 9:26am On Sep 14, 2023
Jakumo:

Don't get drunk on a plane because at altitude the effect of alcohol is multiplied. Say no to alcohol in general. That chit is poison.

Big lie.

I always drink red whine through out my flight. The effect is not multipled kankan
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Zico777(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2023
grin
TemplarLandry:
Funny how you always seek undue attention on here.
Use a broomstick then
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by 12345baba(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2023
U never ready to travel
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Ucheamani(m): 9:54am On Sep 14, 2023
lendahand:
airplanes have enough space for you to chill, you can go for business class where it will look as if you're in your living room. What of me that use to have the fear of heights but I was sitted comfortably in an Airbus for 9hours 45000 km above sea. I even almost slept throughout.

45k Feets not Kilometers

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by taneez(f): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2023
I pick seats by the window so I look through it and imagine that I am outside.

The aisle seats will make me feel I am in a jam packed bus.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by jaxxy(m): 10:13am On Sep 14, 2023
if you can board a car or bus or train u can definitely board a plane.

and if u have money go for economy or 1st class. Lol
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by VerifiedGadgets: 10:23am On Sep 14, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:

Thanks.

For starters, Try not to watch movies about helicopters or planes crashes weeks or days to take off. You would observe 5 cardinal points of discomforts as a newbie though, but your mindset and mentality will advocate you.

1. As soon as they shut the doors and the very short long wait before it taxis to the run way and fly away, I wanted to tell them I changed my mind.

2. The take off is like a movie star wars, guardian of the galaxy memories. At times, you are mama 'we made it'.

3. The sound of the engine and that feel of discomfort from your ear as ear drops in it hold panadol xtra and big bottle water if your head is light. (Bro with your wired or wireless noise cancellation pods, buds or headsets download 90s blues, pro soccer, FIFA 23, uncharted etc if you have a handheld console (Verified Gadgets✓)

4. At times you look at the window and feel like buhari traveling the world comfortably with great air conditioning hardware, but try not to see ocean oo, titanic movie will flash in sixty seconds equivalent to 600years, you might go hay wire and tear things up (jokes)

5. The landing part, I hope you can speak in tongues even as a Muslim, traditionalist or a Christian. After that when the doors are opened after another slow 60,000 seconds you feel like Mandela leaving Alcatraz.

All these you would be telling your family with great joy, laughter and merriments like tales by moonlight enjoyable when no NEPA light .

Have no fear we are all on it together bro.. safe trip

Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by EngrJAO: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:

Thanks.
It's two things either you never get money to travel through plane sef or you're not ready to go anywhere.
You can use road, water or Edo broom.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by tfelicityk(m): 11:01am On Sep 14, 2023
fadilaMaikiriki:

Smiling...
Cast your mind off the phobia...
Board the plane and put on your phone earphones on, and listen to your favourite music Albums.
Hooooooola you are in your destination...

Thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by MatrixReloaded: 11:01am On Sep 14, 2023
Datakey:

Don't you think this will make his anxiety to increase? Let's learn to ignore some post if we don't have anything meaningful to contribute..

Peace
Forget about that idiat
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by Gee64: 11:10am On Sep 14, 2023
I am hearing about that for the first time.

The human psychological nature is indeed complex.
Re: Is It Possible To Board A Plane With This Condition? by danthamccoy(m): 11:12am On Sep 14, 2023
Goodlady:

Use broomstick. Rubbish talk. You that's supposed to use 5 tablets of velum 5 as you dey enter plane. Sleep till you reach your destination.
Can you grow up and post comments like an adult? What's wrong with people on this forum abeg?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zungeru Access Road Completed In Niger State / Bus Catches Fire On Motion In Osogbo, Burns Completely As Eyewitnesses Sob / Tanker Filled With Engine Oil Falls On 2 Women In Rivers State (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.