Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,714 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) (28056 Views)

Pictures From The First Commercial Trip Of The Lagos Metro Rail / The Men Behind The Lagos Metro Rail. Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo Olu. Picture / Okada Ban: PDP Blames Buhari For Terminating Lagos Metro Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by AnanseK(m): 9:22am On Sep 13, 2023
Kanuri should be added, as both the President and Vice President are Kanuris.
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by spinna: 9:22am On Sep 13, 2023
Isn't it interesting that the hatred by some for the Yorubas is now birthing a Yoruba renaissance.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2023
franchasofficia:

Obi has really shook and reshaped Nigerian politics forever within few months. I am so proud to be Igbo because whatever an Igbo person ventures into with all his or her heart, he makes a huge difference and impact.

Just take a look at how one man has unsettled every other Nigerian politician without even saying a single word.

Peter Obi you are a legend, first of its kind that Nigeria ever had. A man that his silence alone makes opposition to pee in their dirty panties.

Reno Omokri have gone mad over Peter Obi that haven't altered a word in response to all Reno Omokri's unnecessary attacks on Obi. The whole thing come de make Reno feel like committing suicide, now another useless woman known as Lauretta Onochie has joined their hall of shame to lend her own useless voice by showing shameful hatred towards a peaceful man that have been preaching peace and calm to overcharged Obidient movement waiting for Peter Obi's approval to burn Nigeria down.

Ah, God abeg I tap into Peter Obi's divine grace, e no easy; a man whose silence makes the whole nation go gaga cheesy

Because of Peter Obi's 2023 Presidential election effect, Yorubas have woke up and now want to guard Lagos and every other Yoruba state from being taken away from Yorubas like Kwara State and others, and una say Peter Obi no be legend, abeg comot for road, who de who de, ha fugodi convoy anyi jiri weh bata obodo ha nodi ofuma cheesy
Una don cus damage for una sef ... Dey play

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Nobody: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2023
Hotfreezing:

The earlier the better.
Lagos no be your papa state.
Go to your state and do what you want there. If you like, add Swahili, no one gives a hoot.
If everyone is in their states this project will not be possible.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by ojbanja: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2023
OboOlora:
They know most yorubas don’t understand English 🤣
Yes ooo,99.9 % of us dont understand English. We are proud of it.hence our government have designed a service to help us.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by NinjaMetahuman: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2023
Good.

I hope such big mistake doesn't repeat it self in the future.

Kudos to the person that brought it up on Twitter.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Fearyourcreator: 9:24am On Sep 13, 2023
Badonasty:
Lol….Lagosians don dey get sense now…that last election really exposed alot of things
Am telling you ... Igbos overdo oooo

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Solsix(m): 9:24am On Sep 13, 2023
Hotfreezing:

They announce in English and Efik.
Most Igbos complaining are stupid. They lack exposure outside their tiny states.
Stop using derogatory remarks when describing a group of people. I see nothing wrong in using local languages for announcement. Those who are against it might not be informed. BTW I am igbo and I don't see anything wrong in using Yoruba to make announcement in Lagos

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by chiagozien(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2023
FitCorper:
grin This Yoruba language is becoming globally recognized and power gradually. God really blessed yorubaland with Jagaban
Yet they're afraid of self rule.
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Alaigbo(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2023
Go n build your own n if you can not go n build your own go n die.

Heffalump:
This is like a case of telling other Nigerians to go and build their own.

I don't have a problem with speaking Yoruba to everybody, but you owe the passengers the right to translate in English as well. That's respect!

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Akaegwu(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2023
Why making a noise about it. Yoruba was not the only language being used on the station 🚉. It was used for the yorubas that doesn't English. An average igbo or south south person can communicate in broken English because it's a wildly used in those areas.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by LZAA: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2023
helinues:
Totori news

Anyone not happy about this should go to court

Not happy??
undecided undecided undecided
Smh undecided
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by FitCorper: 9:26am On Sep 13, 2023
chiagozien:
Yet they're afraid of self rule.

Omo ibo abeg abeg abeg, I no follow u talk that one.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Henry22(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2023
franchasofficia:

Obi has really shook and reshaped Nigerian politics forever within few months. I am so proud to be Igbo because whatever an Igbo person ventures into with all his or her heart, he makes a huge difference and impact.

Just take a look at how one man has unsettled every other Nigerian politician without even saying a single word.

Peter Obi you are a legend, first of its kind that Nigeria ever had. A man that his silence alone makes opposition to pee in their dirty panties.

Reno Omokri have gone mad over Peter Obi that haven't altered a word in response to all Reno Omokri's unnecessary attacks on Obi. The whole thing come de make Reno feel like committing suicide, now another useless woman known as Lauretta Onochie has joined their hall of shame to lend her own useless voice by showing shameful hatred towards a peaceful man that have been preaching peace and calm to overcharged Obidient movement waiting for Peter Obi's approval to burn Nigeria down.

Ah, God abeg I tap into Peter Obi's divine grace, e no easy; a man whose silence makes the whole nation go gaga cheesy

Because of Peter Obi's 2023 Presidential election effect, Yorubas have woke up and now want to guard Lagos and every other Yoruba state from being taken away from Yorubas like Kwara State and others, and una say Peter Obi no be legend, abeg comot for road, who de who de, ha fugodi convoy anyi jiri weh bata obodo ha nodi ofuma cheesy

Ndi ala ndi ala ka hanile bu grin

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by chiagozien(m): 9:26am On Sep 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
Lagos is Yoruba u either learn Yoruba or shut up... If u go Germany ll u tel them to add Igbo or hausa aside German... Mtcheew
Yet foolish people will be chanting one Nigeria one Nigeria.

Who's deceiving who.
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by tamdun: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2023
OboOlora:
They know most yorubas don’t understand English 🤣
At least we understand our language

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by SmartyPants(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2023
Heffalump:
This is like a case of telling other Nigerians to go and build their own.

I don't have a problem with speaking Yoruba to everybody, but you owe the passengers the right to translate in English as well. That's respect!

Where did you see that English wasn't used?

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by wanted222(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2023
And so fucking what should we fry beans for that? tribalistic bigot.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Chucks13: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2023
Yes it's either you speak Yoruba or speak English or stay in your house or go back to your village.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by helinues: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2023
LZAA:

Not happy??
undecided undecided undecided
Smh undecided

Please make sure it's something solid so that I can hear the sound of SMH from here.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Omodua(m): 9:27am On Sep 13, 2023
Lanrelagboi:
Today at the Marina Train Station, Officers at the Station have continued announcements in Yoruba together with English language.

#BlueLineRail 🚆🚉

#GreaterLagosRising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svBPPb77UX0?si=QX80S2cyx3A6j1Wr
It's wrong.

How about other major languages of Igbo and Hausa.

Lagos is a metropolitan city and therefore it's wrong to push for Yoruba agenda only.

Lagos should be careful of ethnic stunt and Yoruba agenda in the conduct of public affairs.
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by oyeb15: 9:27am On Sep 13, 2023
Much ado about nothing. Used 30 years to complete and 50billion dollars under emperor

Blacks can't make heaven
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Hotfreezing: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2023
Revolution2022:
If everyone is in their states this project will not be possible.

Go and replicate it in your states since you made it possible in Lagos.

Lagos already had an airport in 1947 before Nigeria was formed.
Ibadan had a TV station even before France had one.

One person from one backwater state should not come here and be telling me what doesn't make sense.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by jackmrandy: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2023
Advocate1810:

Other languages like? Lagos is for Yoruba don’t be a foool like Obidient. I love their decision

know this and know peace, Lagos is not for yoruba. if you leave lagos for yoruba, they will mess up the state. they parts that are dominated by the yoruba's whats the state of those area? places like oshodi, ajeygunle, isolo, mile 2 and many other areas. those places have nothing to write about. so dirty and unkept. I have been to this lagos you are talking about and i can telll you A TO Z about the yorubas whiile i was there. na who never go lagos before go dey see am as one big paradise. give this metro statation a year from now, and watch how it will be taken over by the so called yoruba agbeyroossss. they will so mess it up. whats the state of some BRT terminals today?

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Sweetvie: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2023
Interesting
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by LZAA: 9:28am On Sep 13, 2023
helinues:

Please make sure it's something solid so that I can hear the sound of SMH from here.

🚶🚶🚶🚶😑
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Ashawoman82: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2023
OGHENAOGIE:
Lagos is Yoruba u either learn Yoruba or shut up... If u go Germany ll u tel them to add Igbo or hausa aside German... Mtcheew
u really dull o, what kind of comparison is this .
Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by Hotfreezing: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2023
Omodua:
It's wrong.
How about other major languages of Igbo and Hausa.

Lagos is a metropolitan city and therefore it's wrong to push for Yoruba agenda only.

Lagos should be careful of ethnic stunt and Yoruba agenda in the conduct of public affairs.

Igbo is not a recognised language in Lagos. The recognised languages are English Yoruba and Egun.

Lagos will push Yoruba agenda and you enemies of Lagos will see shege.

Shebi you were calling Lagos no man's land?
Even your ancestors will cry for you.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by BluntCrazeMan: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2023
Hotfreezing:

The earlier the better.
Lagos no be your papa state.
Go to your state and do what you want there. If you like, add Swahili, no one gives a hoot.

You missed my point.
And e no concern me..

Kano made sharia-law a state-wide law, making the whole of Kano State a Muslim State, whether one accepts it or not..
Even against entrenched constitutional human rights of individuals.

Does it concern me?
Well.. Since nobody else found that odd,, Let me just mind my business., Since it doesn't directly concern me.

But Muslims in other states shouldn't cry wolf if the states make and pass laws that goes against the Muslim Rights and freedom as humans.

So..
Lagos can continue.
Kano started first with Sharia, Lagos came next with Yoruba Language..
It is going round little-by-little.
Soon, all the states would enact laws that strengthens their aborigines, and weakens the residents and visitors amongst them.

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by SmartyPants(m): 9:30am On Sep 13, 2023
jackmrandy:

funny are you guys are bashing a non resideent of lagos. I am telling you whats obtainable in other big metro cities where I am. igbos are there, hausas are there and likewise the so called yorubas who are claiming the lagos as their own. to make everything uniform, use the three language. I have been to big cities outside the shore of this country, its not just one language that is used.

So Edo, Nupe, Urhobo and others are not Nigerians too?

The rationale is obvious - anyone not of Yoruba origin in Lagos is likely to be reasonably literate and understanding of English but there will be many indigenous Yorubas who may not understand English.

Why turn this into unnecessary tribal colouration?

Re: Lagos Metro Official Addresses Passengers In Yoruba Language (Video) by onuman: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2023
minakom:
Innovative. Other states should emulate.

Make una start to dey drag una state governors and assemblies. Lagos no be anybody mate.

Yoruba language alone in Oduduwa Republic is apt.
Lagos is a metropolitan city of many ethnic groups and tongues.
Must you stick to a most dysfunctional country because of cheap cash from crude oil? Remember Venezuela 🇻🇪. Nigeria has just become the official poverty capital of the world.

It's only parasites that clutch tight to a sinking ship because the ship carries valuables.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court / Nigerian Youths Are The Biggest Disappointment - Kingsley Moghalu / PDP To Buhari, APC: “You Have Betrayed Almajirai After Using Them To Get Power”