Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,203 members, 7,903,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 03:15 AM

Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students (1040 Views)

90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS / Please Why Is Lead City Introducing New Fees During A Pandemic? / BREAKING: OAU Sends Students Home Over Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by sirgoody: 3:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
The management of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has announced adjustments to the fees payable by students for the upcoming academic year.

This was disclosed by the institution on their twitter handle few minutes ago.

“The adjustments, according to the management, were considered and approved at an emergency meeting of the University Senate held on Tuesday, 12th September 2023.

The new fee structure for the various Faculties is as follows:
- Faculties of Arts, Law, and Humanities: Freshers: N151,200 Returning students: N89,200 - Faculties of Technology and Science: Freshers: N163,200 Returning students: N101,200
- Faculties in the College of Health Sciences and Faculty of Pharmacy: Freshers: N190,200 Returning students: N128,200 The University management wishes to reiterate that these adjusted fees are applicable for an academic session.
We extend our best wishes to all students for a successful academic journey”, the statement reads.
Recall that the Federal Government had recently withdrawn funding of higher institutions. To cushion the effects, it granted a student loan of N500,000 for poor students with stringent guidelines.

It should be noted OAU Ile-Ife used to be one of the most sought after institutions in Nigeria not only for its academic prestige but affordability.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by Adesina12: 5:35pm On Sep 13, 2023
Education should not be a form of revenue generation of any serious nation
I rest my case
Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by oloriooko(m): 5:45pm On Sep 13, 2023
OP source please
Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by Caicedobets(m): 5:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
sirgoody:
The management of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, has announced adjustments to the fees payable by students for the upcoming academic year.

This was disclosed by the institution on their twitter handle few minutes ago.

“The adjustments, according to the management, were considered and approved at an emergency meeting of the University Senate held on Tuesday, 12th September 2023.

The new fee structure for the various Faculties is as follows:
- Faculties of Arts, Law, and Humanities: Freshers: N151,200 Returning students: N89,200 - Faculties of Technology and Science: Freshers: N163,200 Returning students: N101,200
- Faculties in the College of Health Sciences and Faculty of Pharmacy: Freshers: N190,200 Returning students: N128,200 The University management wishes to reiterate that these adjusted fees are applicable for an academic session.
We extend our best wishes to all students for a successful academic journey”, the statement reads.
Recall that the Federal Government had recently withdrawn funding of higher institutions. To cushion the effects, it granted a student loan of N500,000 for poor students with stringent guidelines.

It should be noted OAU Ile-Ife used to be one of the most sought after institutions in Nigeria not only for its academic prestige but affordability.
This picture though looks like an AI generated than real life picture

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by JasonNOTStatham: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2023
And they say federal school doesn't pay tuition fees, only "charges". Tuition is free! free indeed... undecided
Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by fuckingAyaya(m): 7:59pm On Sep 13, 2023
Shege-a-thon

1 Like

Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by ravensckar(m): 11:29pm On Sep 13, 2023
Tinubu has finally destroyed Nigeria's affordable educational system (the last hope of the common man) with his leprous hands.

My highest school fee back then in O.A.U was #9,600,now see what it has become? Only the price keeps increasing but the educational system keeps getting rotten.

Na who we offend for this country bayi?

1 Like

Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by Ex0rrcist: 8:16am On Sep 14, 2023
Adesina12:
I rest my case
This is a stupid opinion, Stfu next time if you don't have anything to say.
Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by Blitzking: 8:25am On Sep 14, 2023
Let the slavery begin you collect loan say good bye to japa until you work for 5 to 10 yrs...

1 Like

Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by Blitzking: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2023
Let the slavery begin I no think say I fit go school tosey na now..cos mehn school don cost and u no fit get job. Say good bye to japa until u labour for 5 to 10 yrs...when they came with front una reject now una don fall for back end trap..

1 Like

Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by Adesina12: 9:25am On Sep 14, 2023
You supposed to be flogged for nonsense you are spitting out
If you don't have your own opinion, must you comment on mine?
All i paid for School fee throughout 4 years in OAU was N2,500
And I paid N180 for accommodation, N90 each in 100 level and 400 level.
God have mercy on us.

Ex0rrcist:

This is a stupid opinion, Stfu next time if you don't have anything to say.

1 Like

Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by eteebanky: 10:28am On Sep 14, 2023
Nigerians should wake up to reality

Economy reality cause this things

Any couple giving birth to numerous kids now will just suffer theirselves

1 Like

Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by Purvan(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2023
Na mumu day go school if you no day do medicine, law or engineering abeg no waste money day go school

Use that school fees buy laptop learn something online

Upgrade your lifestyle fess before school

School na scam last last

Tinubu no go school but he day rule nigeria
Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by UnfairLife7(m): 3:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
More than half of the students will dropout
The hardship will lead to high crime rate

This government should be careful

1 Like

Re: Breaking: OAU Announces New Fees Adjustments For Students by UnfairLife7(m): 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2023
Adesina12:
I rest my case
in a poor nation like Nigeria with millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets daily? With 30k minimum wage? With government living large at the expense of Nigerians?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

New Uk Student Visa: Blue2 / Uniben Direct Entry 08/09 / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.