Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,106 members, 7,919,577 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 10:44 AM

Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? (1242 Views)

Hollandia Milk Is About To Sweep Out Peak And 3 Crown Away. / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / "I Am Tired Of Seeing My Husband's Hard Joystick Every Morning!" - Nigerian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Guest2008: 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2023
I was just having a conversation with my aunty and she said whether your apartment is clean or not, you must sweep it every morning before any other activity. She also added that preparing for work is no excuse angry

1 Like

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2023
What does your aunt do for a living?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Guest2008: 5:21pm On Sep 13, 2023
Samantha124:
Trading
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2023
No wonder... Trading is not really a demanding job, you can even do it from the comfort of your home.

She's her own boss.
Guest2008:
Trading

2 Likes

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Zonefree(m): 5:44pm On Sep 13, 2023
I sweep my bedrooms, sitting room and kitchen every weekend...but I make sure I sweep the balcony almost everyday.

Na from balcony sand dey take enter house.

9 Likes

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by wunmi590(m): 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2023

Weekend things, daily sweeping is only meant for people who are their own boss, how many people dey inside my house wey I go dey sweep daily...

But the front of my house must be sweep daily, because of the accumulated dust and sand of overnight....

2 Likes

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Vijuchoco(f): 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2023
I think sweeping daily is ideal even though I'm guilty of not doing it..

My people have a saying that translates to "sweeping should not be counted as part of the work a woman does in the morning".. That is to say, just the way you don't see brushing your teeth as work, same energy should be applied for sweeping.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Kobojunkie: 9:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
Guest2008:
I was just having a conversation with my aunty and she said whether your apartment is clean or not, you must sweep it every morning before any other activity. She also added that preparing for work is no excuse angry
She probably bases it on old superstitious ideas.

There is no need to vacuum non-high-traffic areas that often abeg! I personally only sweep once every two weeks or unless the place is visibly dirty. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by TimT: 10:24pm On Sep 13, 2023
Try and sweep everyday...
As time goes on, it becomes a habit...
And it will make you always prepared for unwanted visitors

1 Like

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by BItt: 1:28am On Sep 16, 2023
E dey rain, rain dey help me sweep and wash am steady when e reach my turn to sweep grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 16, 2023
The only thing I clean everyday is the bathroom and kitchen... I clean the bathtub or shower immediately after bathing or showering and I also clean the toilet after passing bowels to avoid germs because I might get an infection down there if it's not clean.

The kitchen can also get messy when cooking, so it must be cleaned every day, unless I decide to get takeaways.

But as for other rooms, I clean them in the evenings every two days, unless I had guests and the living room is dirty.
TimT:
Try and sweep everyday...
As time goes on, it becomes a habit...
And it will make you always prepared for unwanted visitors

3 Likes

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Clementoons: 7:07am On Sep 16, 2023
anyone that can assist me with Just 2k
Opay o.clement
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:04am On Sep 16, 2023
See question... ๐Ÿ‘€. Of course I do otherwise I won't feel comfortable after bathing. I like to step onto very well swept and mopped tiles straight from the bathroom.. even in the course of the day, I dey sweep like craze once my feet touch any small particle. Ha! Not sweep in a day kwa?
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:13am On Sep 16, 2023
Samantha124:

Invalid question. If what one does for a living doesn't stop him from taking his bath everyday, then it shouldn't stop him from sweeping every morning. It's all about planning your day and timing yourself.
Set your alarm timer to accommodate your sweeping routine and you won't be late for work. Shikena!
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 16, 2023
Do you sweep early in the morning everyday?
Jewessgratitud3:

Invalid question. Of what one does for a living doesn't stop them from taking their bath everyday, then it shouldn't stop them from sweeping every morning. It's all about planning your day and timing yourself.
Set your alarm timer to accommodate your sweeping routine and you won't be late for work. Shikena!
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Jewessgratitud3: 9:17am On Sep 16, 2023
Samantha124:
Do you sweep early in the morning everyday?

Yes I do before stepping into the bathroom. It's a must. Thats the way I was brought up. You must sweep first thing in the morning before any other thing..

1 Like

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 16, 2023
I prefer doing it in the evenings when everyone is in bed because I'm not a morning person.

But I usually do it every two days... I only clean everyday if we had guests or children around, because they can make the house untidy.
Jewessgratitud3:

Yes I do before stepping into the bathroom. It's a must. Thats the way I was brought up. You must sweep first thing in the morning before any other thing..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Klass99(f): 10:29am On Sep 16, 2023

1 Like

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by DyingFetus: 11:00am On Sep 16, 2023
I don't

I've automated vaccum cleaners that I built from scratch using components from my discarded washing machine

Just plug in and let it do it's work
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Pacesetter2021: 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2023
I don't ceremoniously sweep every morning. Tho I should cos it just gives you a feeling of orderliness.
I want to start sweeping every morning.

What I do every morning is wash the bathroom floor. That is a must. Daily Bathroom cleaning is very necessary.
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Pacesetter2021: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2023
Klass99:
I sweep/clean mine twice a week or even more times than that if or whenever my spirit feels the place is dirty and needs a clean.

It sounds like you live with your aunty and she's the type to squeeze every benefit she can get out of someone for hosting and accommodating them.You know the type who expect you to work out and earn your keep in their house. It's exhausting!

On the other hand when you live with people make sure to be the sort of guest who provides value and is helpful while in that household. So when you want to leave, you will be missed, and when next you want to visit you will be welcomed.
actually some people are thorough with cleaning like that.

Once upon a time I use to mop my parents double flat every single morning

My sisters were so angry. Lol. I had just returned from obodo oyibo and the place was looking untidy everyday.

1 Like

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Vijuchoco(f): 11:06am On Sep 19, 2023
Pacesetter2021:

What I do every morning is wash the bathroom floor. That is a must. Daily Bathroom cleaning is very necessary.
Wow! Make sense
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Vijuchoco(f): 11:07am On Sep 19, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

Invalid question. If what one does for a living doesn't stop him from taking his bath everyday, then it shouldn't stop him from sweeping every morning. It's all about planning your day and timing yourself.
Funny but true
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by pocohantas(f): 11:51am On Sep 19, 2023
No, I don't.
I sweep like thrice a week. The only chore I am sure I do everyday is wash plates.

But then, I don't open my windows for extended durations.

If I sweep, the edges of the walls have to be brushed and surfaces must be cleaned. Reason being that the dust settles somewhere. So I would only sweep when I am ready to clean too.

You see that thing of wearing slippers everywhere, even inside bathroom. You don't try it in my house.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by DyingFetus: 11:54am On Sep 19, 2023
pocohantas:
No, I don't.
I sweep like thrice a week. The only chore I am sure I do everyday is wash plates.

If I sweep, the edges of the walls have to be brushed and surfaces must be cleaned. Reason being that the dust settles somewhere. So I would only sweep when I am ready to clean too.

You see that thing of wearing slippers everywhere, even inside bathroom. You don't try it in my house.

Your children go hear wee if you be their mama
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by 1Sharon(f): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2023
Sweeping everyday sounds a bit extra, for what?
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by kkins25(m): 12:17pm On Sep 19, 2023
Depends on what kind of house you're staying in. If you don't have Air conditioning, you'd likely open the windows through out the day. It means sweeping will be everday.

The floor type also matters. if not tiled then you'd sweep twice a day self๐Ÿ˜.

1 Like

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by kkins25(m): 12:19pm On Sep 19, 2023
Klass99:
๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ™„
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by pocohantas(f): 1:23pm On Sep 19, 2023
DyingFetus:

Your children go hear wee if you be their mama

Hahaha. Let's look at the bright(er) side. They grow to be responsible and homely adults.

kkins25:
Depends on what kind of house you're staying in. If you don't have Air conditioning, you'd likely open the windows through out the day. It means sweeping will be everday.

The floor type also matters. if not tiled then you'd sweep twice a day self๐Ÿ˜.

Not tiled (e.g) ?

1 Like

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Klass99(f): 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2023

1 Like

Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2023
"Preparing for work is not an excuse"

Hehehe.
Re: Do You Sweep Your Apartment Every Morning? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:07pm On Sep 19, 2023
pocohantas:
No, I don't.

You see that thing of wearing slippers everywhere , even inside bathroom. You don't try it in my house.
House slippers go different from outside own be that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am I Loosing This One Too? / Naija @ 50 T-shirt / I Am Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.