Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,664 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:32 AM

Dating A Broke Man Is Torture - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating A Broke Man Is Torture (3157 Views)

Dating A Broke Man Is Torture / Don't Marry A Broke Man, Dump Him Like A Leper - Nigerian Lady Advises Others / "Dating A Broke Man Is Worse Than Contracting HIV And Aids" - South African Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Doolove: 9:33am On Sep 14, 2023
Some time ago my boyfriend brought my matter here because I went to visit a male friend and I was called all sorts of derogatory names without anyone hearing my side of the story.

We met early last year, he was just out of school without a job but I still accepted him regardless. I had a stubborn ex that wouldn't go away so he was taking care of my bills while I was dating my new boyfriend which he was well aware of. I later had an issue with the ex that led to him calling the police on me accusing me of stealing the iPhone 7 that he bought for me while insisting that I return it or he would take the matter to his village and make sure I run mad. I stood my ground amid all the threats held on to the phone.

Coincidentally, things picked up for my guy when the ex left, he started getting lots of freelance gigs online so I didn't feel the absence of the old guy. My boyfriend made sure I didn't lack anything even without me asking. I had to break up with him once because I felt he was doing too much and I might be running him down. He laughed it off and gave me screenshots of some of his account balance.

Fast forward to this year and things went south again, The gigs stopped coming in, and some of the firms he worked for closed shop so he was surviving on his savings which were depleting very quickly. It's worthy to note that before now the major issue that I have had with him is the way he sees my relationships with other men. He practically doesn't want me to have male friends or even go on harmless sitouts with friends. He thinks it's a disrespect to him for me to have anything to do with other guys while I am in his place.

This has resulted in serious fights each I come back from seeing a friend, At times he gets so mad that he flings my things outside to go stay with whoever I went to see.

Meanwhile, things have been very tough for him recently to the extent that feeding has become difficult. He quickly invested in a farm with with a friend when his savings were going down and used the remaining money to startup a blog. Now it's looking as if the guy he's doing the farm business with has scammed him because it's been from one story to the other and he's so broke right now that he can't even afford data to write content for his blog which we all know blogging is even saturated and takes time to start paying.

I started work two weeks ago and I have been the one taking care of my transport fare, he only gives me 1k once in a while to support. It's this same men he doesn't want me to communicate with that has been helping me out all this while. He sits at home all day waiting for the proceeds of the farm so he can start mini importation of wigs.

Every guy that asks me out seems to be well to do than my guy and it really bothers me. They all have nice cares and ready to spend while my own guy now depends on begging to feed. Even though he's smart and all but I don't know where the break through will come from and it seems I am wasting my time with him.

On Monday was my off day and I was at home, I woke up with a mood swing so I wasn't talking to him. He was busy cleaning the house without mentioning breakfast so I had to call someone to come get breakfast for me. He got mad at me tagging it an insult to him. It caused issues and I left the house and dared him to do his worst and he asked me not to leave because I needed some positive vibes since he was boring me with his attitude. I actually went to my family house but he feels I always go to see a guy each time I leave the house.

I came back around 8pm to meet the house locked and he kept ignoring my calls knowing fully well that I didn't leave with my key and I wasn't feeling fine and needed to take my drugs. I got drenched by the rain and my sickness go worst. He came back home by 11pm that night.

Now I haven't been able to go to work for the past three days and he's been running around buying drugs and food on credit so I can get well when he caused it. On the other hand a guy that has been giving me stuffs asked me to take a break from work and rest and he will give me my full salary.

I am just confused, it seems I am leaving better things out there for a broke guy and it's bothering me. What do you guys think I should do

Please ignore any typos, I wrote in a hurry

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by AllKnowing: 9:37am On Sep 14, 2023
Dear men, get your life together. You owe it to yourselves. You love women wholeheartedly, they love you conditionally. It’s no fault of theirs; it’s in their nature.

Get your life together. Find a woman who genuinely cares for you and ceaselessly provide for her.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Aaaaarghmed(m): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2023
Abeg just leave him alright.. it's obvious your eyes just dey outside and nothing fit stop you.just go already.how will you have a serious relationship and keep going for outings with men.u dont know that it's from clap ,dance dey enter.Abeg just breakup and stop boring him.if na me be the guy i for don break up with u long ago since u started meeting up with guys.i dont tolerate nonsense shaaa

32 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by ayiam(m): 9:53am On Sep 14, 2023
No insult intended but your post got me wondering if your family ain't in a better position of carrying your burden or why you so plain lazy always hoping to leave off a guy in the name of being in a relationship?

38 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by NoahHadNoArk: 9:54am On Sep 14, 2023
Their love is only when the going is good…….tell me why that guy when he finally gets back on his feet, will have any iota of regards for her when she showed him disrespect all along.

These fair weather females sha and their zero loyalties

Boys hustle o😁

21 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by lordnkem000(m): 9:57am On Sep 14, 2023
Oloshoooooo

25 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by flexlatifa: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2023
J
Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Jessez: 10:07am On Sep 14, 2023
Doolove:
Some time ago my boyfriend brought my matter here because I went to visit a male friend and I was called all sorts of derogatory names without anyone hearing my side of the story.

We met early last year, he was just out of school without a job but I still accepted him regardless. I had a stubborn ex that wouldn't go away so he was taking care of my bills while I was dating my new boyfriend which he was well aware of. I later had an issue with the ex that led to him calling the police on me accusing me of stealing the iPhone 7 that he bought for me while insisting that I return it or he would take the matter to his village and make sure I run mad. I stood my ground amid all the threats held on to the phone.

Coincidentally, things picked up for my guy when the ex left, he started getting lots of freelance gigs online so I didn't feel the absence of the old guy. My boyfriend made sure I didn't lack anything even without me asking. I had to break up with him once because I felt he was doing too much and I might be running him down. He laughed it off and gave me screenshots of some of his account balance.

Fast forward to this year and things went south again, The gigs stopped coming in, and some of the firms he worked for closed shop so he was surviving on his savings which were depleting very quickly. It's worthy to note that before now the major issue that I have had with him is the way he sees my relationships with other men. He practically doesn't want me to have male friends or even go on harmless sitouts with friends. He thinks it's a disrespect to him for me to have anything to do with other guys while I am in his place.

This has resulted in serious fights each I come back from seeing a friend, At times he gets so mad that he flings my things outside to go stay with whoever I went to see.

Meanwhile, things have been very tough for him recently to the extent that feeding has become difficult. He quickly invested in a farm with with a friend when his savings were going down and used the remaining money to startup a blog. Now it's looking as if the guy he's doing the farm business with has scammed him because it's been from one story to the other and he's so broke right now that he can't even afford data to write content for his blog which we all know blogging is even saturated and takes time to start paying.

I started work two weeks ago and I have been the one taking care of my transport fare, he only gives me 1k once in a while to support. It's this same men he doesn't want me to communicate with that has been helping me out all this while. He sits at home all day waiting for the proceeds of the farm so he can start mini importation of wigs.

Every guy that asks me out seems to be well to do than my guy and it really bothers me. They all have nice cares and ready to spend while my own guy now depends on begging to feed. Even though he's smart and all but I don't know where the break through will come from and it seems I am wasting my time with him.

On Monday was my off day and I was at home, I woke up with a mood swing so I wasn't talking to him. He was busy cleaning the house without mentioning breakfast so I had to call someone to come get breakfast for me. He got mad at me tagging it an insult to him. It caused issues and I left the house and dared him to do his worst and he asked me not to leave because I needed some positive vibes since he was boring me with his attitude. I actually went to my family house but he feels I always go to see a guy each time I leave the house.

I came back around 8pm to meet the house locked and he kept ignoring my calls knowing fully well that I didn't leave with my key and I wasn't feeling fine and needed to take my drugs. I got drenched by the rain and my sickness go worst. He came back home by 11pm that night.

Now I haven't been able to go to work for the past three days and he's been running around buying drugs and food on credit so I can get well when he caused it. On the other hand a guy that has been giving me stuffs asked me to take a break from work and rest and he will give me my full salary.

I am just confused, it seems I am leaving better things out there for a broke guy and it's bothering me. What do you guys think I should do

Can't u work and take care of ur self, wht about ur family, you expecting someone that is not even ur husband or father to take care of u all in the name of relationship, wht is he the boyfriend even gaining self aside sex, u are a disgrace

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by fyzaila: 10:11am On Sep 14, 2023
I don't think you need any advice from this forum, because you already have your mind made up on what to do. So do as your heart pleases

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by godofuck231: 10:21am On Sep 14, 2023
If he's still rich his mother and family would tag you a gold digger
Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Alimzy20(m): 10:40am On Sep 14, 2023
I SUSPECT YOU ARE DOING OLOSHO

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by dkidd: 10:46am On Sep 14, 2023
This one eyes dey outside since.. no matter how u see it there will always be someone more beautiful/handsome, richer, cooler than ur guy/ babe that's life but it doesn't mean u will be jumping ship when the chips are down grin

He's right ur disrespectful

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Joyrider404(f): 10:49am On Sep 14, 2023
Doolove:

My sister you see this life, IT is like bread and akara 🫳🏽🍞

1.youve seen him at his weakest when he had nothing and you've seen him when he has money, analyze how he treats you and you will find your answer..

2.Mean while you like hanging out with the male gender and he does not like it, naturally he's not going to take it easy, imagine if you always see him with lots of women hanging out at different spots alot, will you take it easy.

3.if you know you can't endure with him,respect in his poor condition,just do your self a favor end the relationship with him and go to other guys who are willing to spend on you .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by dkidd: 10:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Joyrider404:

My sister you see this life, IT is like bread and akara 🫳🏽🍞

1.youve seen him at his weakest when he had nothing and you've seen him when he has money, analyze how he treats you and you will find your answer..

2.Mean while you like hanging out with the male gender and he does not like it, naturally he's not going to take it easy, imagine if you always see him with lots of women hanging out at different spots alot, will you take it easy.

3.if you know you can't endure with him,respect in his poor condition,just do your self a favor end the relationship with him and go to other guys who are willing to spend on you .
U nailed it

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Myer(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2023
Doolove:

You're not married but cohabiting. That's really a major issue.
You're both not following both moral and divine order.

If you really love him, both of you should repent and decide to follow divine and moral order.
You both need to leave the relationship and learn to be complete without depending on each other.
Then you will simply complement the person you;re meant to marry.

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Godsongang: 11:56am On Sep 14, 2023
Most women ain't loyal, if he sweet like honey them go rush u like bees.

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by ruggedtimi(m): 11:59am On Sep 14, 2023
He was doing well and got broke...those other guys are also doing well and might get broke later. Your choice...use ur head to get ur money and accept the risk

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by mikkyjay(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
She just confirmed what the redpilers has been saying about women all along, fair weather friends, always monkey branching.
He was spending heavily on you when the going was sweet, but now that things turned bad for him, it's time for you to call him broke, isn't it funny?
All of a sudden you are remembering all the men that are being nice to you, heck you were even working and earning money living in his house, but in the morning when you already know he is broke you can't even get breakfast for both of you, you just had to find another man to get it for you.
Funny lots.

21 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Purvan(m): 1:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
Are you fokn kidding me??

2 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Kingcalls: 1:53pm On Sep 14, 2023
Women have standards ... men also should have standards.... a hoe should marry a broke Nigger ....only virgins deserve rich husbands

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Kris25: 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2023
Wait ooo.... this girl is daft. I blame the guy Sha... What have you ever done for him? You just keep taking until you destroy him....

7 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
See the way 2 men are sleeping with you, because both are taking care of your needs.

You lack value, this one too will drop bore hole, for a man to pay bride price on. angry

"Forget about my past, it is in the past"

10 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by FitCorper: 3:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
If you really love your current guy, then I would suggest u support now when he needs it the most. Most guys if not all are possessive and proud in nature and you going on ur harmless sit outs with other men would dampen his pride as a man. This shit is crazy to the extent that it might affect his goals and concentration if he isn’t mentally strong. Guys are not difficult, all we want is just loyalty and respect from our significant other. Shikena

4 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by vincenteger: 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
Asha.wo day you eyes
Is he your father?
Why are you leaving with him? as his wife I supposed

Some men can never learn
I wish he'll see this rubbish you wrote up there and end the relationship immediately.
When he has money, dating him was enjoyment but now he's broke, dating him is torture.

Entitlement nii

12 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by akube34: 3:22pm On Sep 14, 2023
Doolove:

harmless seat outs with male friends. Lol funny lady. Even me sef no go take that disrespect

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Autobot05: 4:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
Ok you have painted him the way you want … I’d have loved to hear his own side of the story too sha.

You won’t see politicians campaigning and giving money after winning an election ( this is about the guys giving you free money )

Red flag - You’re always collecting money from random guys even when you claim to be working

5 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Jennyclay(f): 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
I can’t even date a broke man because I would just be cheating on him anyhow. I won’t deceive myself,

I’m just being truthful here.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by GoodRocks: 4:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
This one is into hookup and runz.

Doolove, do your Olosho and hookup in peace and stop disturbing us here, Olosho!!

8 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by GoodRocks: 4:35pm On Sep 14, 2023
Jennyclay:
I can’t even date a broke man because I would just be cheating on him anyhow. I won’t deceive myself,

I’m just being truthful.

Are you cripple or handicap that you can't work to pay your bills and provide for yourself?

Dear men, avoid poor and broke girls. they're parasites and liabilities

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Trnches: 5:03pm On Sep 14, 2023
I pity that your guy. Break up with him and leave him alone damnit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Caicedobets(m): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
Jennyclay:

I’m just being truthful.
you won't make a good wife.

7 Likes

Re: Dating A Broke Man Is Torture by Nonexisting1: 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2023
The mods really want traffic in this place but they can't even create sensible fictions. I miss nairaland of old when this place was one stop shop. Many of us got our first job from this place immediately after uni but now, this place is a mess. Even to create good fictional stories and good rejoinders with their alternates, these new mods can't. Seun why?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is There Anyone Used This Kind Of Air Freshener Before((Photo) / Men are dogs, wouf wouf / What's in a man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.