Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,200 members, 7,887,517 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:59 AM

WFP Pledges $2.5bn To Support Nigeria In Fighting Hunger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / WFP Pledges $2.5bn To Support Nigeria In Fighting Hunger (143 Views)

₦4.8bn Fraud: Ibeto Has Returned ₦‎1.5bn, To Pay Balance in 3 Months – EFCC / $2.5bn Alleged Stolen Crude: Timi Frank Calls For Sack Of Mele Kyari / Magu: Diezani Stole $2.5bn Supported By Generation Of Looters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WFP Pledges $2.5bn To Support Nigeria In Fighting Hunger by ManirBK: 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
The World Food Programme (WFP) has committed the
sum of $2.5 billion to support Nigeria in fighting
hunger in the next five years.
David Stevenson, WFP country director, disclosed this
on Wednesday when he visited the ministry of
humanitarian affairs and poverty alleviation in Abuja.
Stevenson said the initiative will harness the agricultural
potentials in the north of the country.
“I recently had a short discussion with the vice-
president and we agreed to meet again in Abuja,” he said.

“We presented our strategy called ‘Out of conflict
interest solutions’. It is a food system strategy based on
the agricultural potential in the north.
“As you know, from Lake Chad across Borno to
Potiskum, straight to Kano into the north-west had been
the bread basket in the past, really productive.
“What I am taking out of this is renewed energy. I came
to Nigeria to really help and I actually came back to the
world food programme after some years away.

“I was mentioning to the minister that I came back to
Nigeria because really I believe in the country and the
ability of Nigerians to work out their own challenges and
to prosper as so many have.
“It is really exciting for me and my office to be a part of
it so I have come with interest and I am leaving with so
much energy and interest than I came in with.”
A statement from the WFP said 2.1 million Nigerians
stand to benefit from the initiative.
“The World Food Programme has pledged to support
President Bola Tinubu’s zero hunger programme under
the federal ministry of humanitarian affairs and poverty
alleviation,” the statement reads.

“2.1 million Nigerians have already been captured as
beneficiaries of the program with the hope to expand
while working with the minister of humanitarian affairs
and poverty alleviation Dr. Betta Edu.
“The World Food Programme is committed to spending
$2.5 billion to fight hunger in Nigeria in the next five
years.
“The minister commended the WPF for the support,
adding that ‘we have the challenges staring at us in the
face and we must provide solutions to them’.”
In a statement on Wednesday, Betta Edu, minister of
humanitarian affairs and poverty alleviation, said the
support is coming at a time when Nigeria is in need of
lasting solutions to the hunger challenge in the country.

https://www.thecable.ng/wfp-pledges-2-5bn-to-support-nigeria-in-fighting-hunger/amp

mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala seun nlfpmod

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/09/14/wfp-commits-2-5bn-to-fighting-hunger-in-nigeria/
Re: WFP Pledges $2.5bn To Support Nigeria In Fighting Hunger by ManirBK: 3:57pm On Sep 14, 2023
Carry go the Jagaban of Africa. We are all happy with the current developments coming into our country.

God bless you God bless Nigeria.
Over to you Wailers
Re: WFP Pledges $2.5bn To Support Nigeria In Fighting Hunger by rintileri: 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
We will need more hope the interim government of the day will not loot the funds?
Re: WFP Pledges $2.5bn To Support Nigeria In Fighting Hunger by Racoon(m): 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
They said there is no hardship, that rice farming have created many millionaires, now Nigeria have to depend on World Bank food aids to meet the food insecurity and inflation.
Re: WFP Pledges $2.5bn To Support Nigeria In Fighting Hunger by Racoon(m): 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
ManirBK:
Carry go the Jagaban of Africa. We are all happy with the current developments coming into our country....
You are happy Nigeria became the world's biggest headquarters of extreme poverty than the average person lives below one dollar per day? You hailed Buhari incompetence, ineptitude and cluelessness. Now, you have decided to continue with the balabloo-blu-bulava heroin drug running criminal facing credibility issues?

Re: WFP Pledges $2.5bn To Support Nigeria In Fighting Hunger by CodeTemplar: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2023
2.4 to the upper part and ...
Re: WFP Pledges $2.5bn To Support Nigeria In Fighting Hunger by RenaissanceGuy: 7:06pm On Sep 14, 2023
Handout for feeding to a so-called giant of Africa. Nigeria must divide, for Nigerians not just politicians, to really have a new lease of life.

(1) (Reply)

Unlocking The Power Of Biodigesters: Advantages And Sustainable Solutions / Hon Aguye Inaugurated Into Ododo/Oyibo 2023 Campaign Council, Assures Of Victory / Kanu’s US Attorney, Bruce Fein, Writes Tinubu, Renews Call For Release Of Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.