Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,786 members, 7,875,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:14 AM

Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf (40989 Views)

Anambra, Bayelsa, Ekiti, Ibom State Airports Are Not Commercially Viable – MD FA / Only 4 African Airports Are Ranked In The World’s Best Airports For 2019 / Great Airports Of Africa - Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Reference(m): 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
How are state owned airports putting a financial burden on the Federal government specifically FAAN which is essentially a service provider and NACA which is a regulator.

FAAN has no business at state airports. These airports should have their own gear to handle their business at their own costs.

As for the regulator it is just a matter of sending them a bill for supervising traffic and airlines.

Transportation is a business where every cost factor should be met with preset payment plans leaving no ambiguity whatsoever.

If a state wants an international airport or upgrade to international status then it must be prepared to pay the customs, immigration, ndlea, and other agencies for their services or they will not get certification, period. That is the way it should work.

The Nigeria state is a lazy thinking one. The present structure of the country does not lend a hand to its development.

At this rate when will we get to the point where companies and private individuals will own airfields and airstrips respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Abagworo(m): 9:47pm On Sep 14, 2023
legitnow1:
ANYBODY ATTACHING ANY SIGNIFICANCE TO PORT HARCOURT SHOULD GO AND LIVE IN PORT HARCOURT.

EVER SINCE ABADON PROPERTIES, IGBO LEFT THAT CITY AND NEVER LOOKED BACK.

AMAECHI DELAYED ENUGU AIRPORT AND TRIED TO CANCEAL IT BECAUSE HE WANTED PORT HARCOURT TO MONOPOLISE AIRPORT.

WE RESPONDED BY BUILDING AIRPORTS IN ANAMBRA AND EBONYI.

ABIA WILL SOON BUILD THEIR OWN AIRPORT.

WE WONT TOLERATE ANY INSULT FROM ANYBODY FURTHER AND MAKING EFFORT TO PUT ESSENTIALS ON OUR LAND TO MAKE IT ACCESSIBLE AND LIVEABLE.

THE SAME WAY WE TURNED OUR BACKS ON PORT HARCOURT IS EXACTLY WHAT WE DO TO LAGOS AND EXIT NIGERIA.

Amaechi did no wrong. You guys should stop using propaganda against your fellow Igbos out of ignorance. Ebonyi Airport is a misplaced priority and Abia doesn't need an Airport. From Aba to Owerri or Port Harcourt Airport is shorter than Ikeja to Lekki so there's no need wasting money on Airport. What oir Governors should focus on is rail transport.

3 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by legitnow1: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Vision101:
@MrEverest
Lies!
Sam Mbakwe airport Owerri is busier than Aminu Kano airport Kano, so how did the later end up being more viable?

Again, travelers using Owerri airport are more likely to pay more fees because people in the catchment area has more disposable income. Lol, ethnocentrism will never allow this country to work.

@me
You mean that you know more than the experts running the airports? The four airports host international flights. This adds to their viability.

I'm tired of the way our people reason. Everything is victim mentality. Experts were in a conference discussing issues based on information at their and our people are in social media shouting marginalisation. The same thing all the time.

You can insult me but I will neither read it nor reply. Nobody takes us serious anymore.

STOP WASTING YOUR TIME WITH THOSE CLOWNS.

AS WE DEY TALK , MORE PL;ANS FOR EVEN MORE AIRPORTS THEY TABLE.

ANYTHING THEY WANT TO DECIDE, SHOULD BE FOR SW REGION SINCE THIEF IS IN ASO ROCK.

NOBODY GO PUT MOUTH FOR SE MATTER.

2 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Frigga13: 9:48pm On Sep 14, 2023
Fmghewzy:

Mental health is not taken serious in this country 😏

Guilt..

Next!
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by legitnow1: 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
Abagworo:

Amaechi did no wrong. You guys should stop using propaganda against your fellow Igbos out of ignorance. Ebonyi Airport is a misplaced priority and Abia doesn't need an Airport. From Aba to Owerri or Port Harcourt Airport is shorter than Ikeja to Lekki so there's no need wasting money on Airport. What oir Governors should focus on is rail transport.

AMAECHI IS IKWERE AND IKWERE ARE NOT IGBOS.

IS THAT NOT WHAT YOU PEOPLE TELL US.

FUNNY, ENOUGH U ARE NOW MAGICALLY IGBO AGAIN.

U FOOLS, THINK THE WORLD ROTATES AROUND YOUR SMELLY CREEKS.

PORT HARCOURT IS HARAM

5 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:49pm On Sep 14, 2023
The main reason is that many many people are no longer flying because they can no longer afford to pay for the exhorbitant prohibitive air fares

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by onumadu: 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
legitnow1:
BEAUTIFUL AIRPORTS, WE BUILT FOR OURSELVES SO FAR IN SE.

CAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT DO BETTER IN ENUGU.

WHETHER THEY DO OR NOT, AIR TRAFFIC THEY MOVE FOR IGBOLAND.

WE NO SEND THEIR MAMA.

WE NO SEND ANY BAGGAR.

They want to keep us out of our region, to force us to keep living in their parts of Nigeria.

Let me say this again: The most strategic thing that an Igbo person can do in Nigeria is to VOW to NEVER live outside of South East in Nigeria.

And if the person insist on living there, to ensure that at least 80 - 90% of his or her money goes back to SOUTH EAST.

Some of our people are already doing so, and that is why South East is the fastest growing region in Nigeria today. FACT!

If we do this regardless of their evil schemes, we will have the Nigeria we want: A Nigeria where the horse will pull the cart rather than the cart stopping the horse from moving forward.

A 56 year old evil strategy against us can be defeated this way.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by MrEverest(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Vision101:
@MrEverest
Lies!
Sam Mbakwe airport Owerri is busier than Aminu Kano airport Kano, so how did the later end up being more viable?

Again, travelers using Owerri airport are more likely to pay more fees because people in the catchment area has more disposable income. Lol, ethnocentrism will never allow this country to work.

@me
You mean that you know more than the experts running the airports? The four airports host international flights. This adds to their viability.

I'm tired of the way our people reason. Everything is victim mentality. Experts were in a conference discussing issues based on information at their disposal and our people are on social media shouting marginalisation. The same thing all the time.

You can insult me but I will neither read it nor reply. Nobody takes us serious anymore.

What do you mean by victim mentality? Are you okay at all? Are you even educated up to secondary school?

I gave you facts why Aminu Kano airport can't possibly be more viable than Sam Mbakwe airport Owerri, but instead of reasoning objectively you started talking nonsense.

It is due to lack of common sense that made corrupt politicians to be ruining your lives. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Advancedman(m): 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
TundeBricklayer:

But Imo airport have more traffic than Kano, I can see most of these guys managing agencies under APC are blinded by hate

Naija natural structure is regional hence seven airport.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by IbnB: 9:51pm On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by ezegenigbonine: 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
Jogs1900:

Afise ni eleyii oo...
In all your posts, if you no mention Yoruba, you never complete your statement. It's good you envy the Yoruba tribe because it's above yours in all ramifications.
One can only envy what is above someone.

But he is saying the truth
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by ezegenigbonine: 9:59pm On Sep 14, 2023
Oyo - accent and model buildings
Ondo - fisher man state
Ogun - they try small
Osun - village
Ekiti - na small juju this one sabi, very bushy
Lagos - na only God give una lagos, built by britain
But some cone heads with tribal mark will always take the glory as if na there ancestors develop am.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by OKUCHI11(m): 10:00pm On Sep 14, 2023
Frigga13:
If lagos no be former capital.., so Yoruba land , region .. for don be waste of space on earth..

Thank God for God..

Some region for don stuck in 12 century

true talk

2 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by legitnow1: 10:04pm On Sep 14, 2023
onumadu:

They want to keep us out of our region, to force us to keep living in their parts of Nigeria.

Let me say this again: The most strategic thing that an Igbo person can do in Nigeria is to VOW to NEVER live outside of South East in Nigeria.

And if the person insist on living there, to ensure that at least 80 - 90% of his or her money goes back to SOUTH EAST.

Some of our people are already doing so, and that is why South East is the fastest growing region in Nigeria today. FACT!

If we do this regardless of their evil schemes, we will have the Nigeria we want: A Nigeria where the horse will pull the cart rather than the cart stopping the horse from moving forward.

A 56 year old evil strategy against us can be defeated this way.

ALL I WILL SAY IS THIS, ABIA STATE MUST WORK TOWARDS BUILDING AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TERMINAL THERE.

THAT IS ALL I WILL SAY AND I'M VERY GLAD THAT PDP LEFT ABIA STATE AND THAT PARTY SHOULD NEVER RETURN.

FROM THIS DAY AND FOREVER, LABOUR AND APGA.

ALL IGBOS READING THIS POST SHOULD WRITE THE ABIA STATE GOV TO MAKE PLANS TOWARDS BUILDING AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

2 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Reference(m): 10:07pm On Sep 14, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:
The main reason is that many many people are no longer flying because they can no longer afford to pay for the exhorbitant prohibitive air fares

Indeed. And as I have been saying for years. The health of the aviation sector is incumbent on the viability of the middle class. It is the middle class that travels not the rich or the poor.

That middle class was more or less lost in the 80' and ever since the aviation industry has become a meat grinder, chopping up and spitting out one brand after the other in short order including the national carrier and all attempts at reviving it.

It is simply the case of an economic structure that is not fit to support aviation as the causative and not the symptoms of unviable airports the man talks about.

3 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by onumadu: 10:08pm On Sep 14, 2023
legitnow1:

ALL I WILL SAY IS THIS, ABIA STATE MUST WORK TOWARDS BUILDING AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT TERMINAL THERE.

THAT IS ALL I WILL SAY AND I'M VERY GLAD THAT PDP LEFT ABIA STATE AND THAT PARTY SHOULD NEVER RETURN.

FROM THIS DAY AND FOREVER, LABOUR AND APGA.

ALL IGBOS READING THIS POST SHOULD WRITE THE ABIA STATE GOV TO MAKE PLANS TOWARDS BUILDING AN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT.

Nwanne e be like say you be my twin brother! shocked

2 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by legitnow1: 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2023
ANY REGION IN NIGERIA THAT DONT NEED AIRPORTS SHOULD STAY WITHOUT AIRPORT BUT DONT TAKE IT UPON YOURSELF FROM ZAMFARA TO COME AND TELL PEOPLE IN ANAMBRA THEY DONT NEED AIRPORT.

SAY WAITIN HAPPEN NOW?

THAT WE ARE NOT USING AK47 TO GUN OURSELVES DOWN OR WHAT EXACTLY?

WE DID NOT STOP U BUILDING WHATEVER IN ZAMFARA DONT GET YOURSELF INVOLVE WITH OUR PROJECTS.

BUHARI BUILT A TRAIN IN SW AND NORTH AND EVEN IN NIGER REPUBLI BUT THE SE DONT DESERVE NONE.

THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES AND WE UNDERSTOOD VERY WELL.

WE DONT WANT TO HEAR A WORD, KEEP IT SHUT AND WE WILL BUILD WHETHER YOU CRY OR NOT.

AS U THEY CRY, WE DEY BUILD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by FireUpNow(m): 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
Close the unecomical airports so we have the only ones that viable oga
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by XAUBulls: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
EcoBrick
post=125795768:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/14/only-four-airports-are-economically-sustainable-in-nigeria-dr-muda-yusuf/
This has always been a well-known fact.

MMIA leads in daily air traffic and annual revenue.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Amaggedon: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2023
LeoDeKing:
Mbok, you mean those overhyped airstrips in the barren land can't sustain themselves?

I now understand why Lagos airport is being overstretched.
Things like this should be fed to dogs.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by samsard(m): 10:18pm On Sep 14, 2023
Omoawoke2:

You did not see the first comment that attacked Yoruba from nowhere and you are crying when you got same treatment

You are free to hate, but be ready to be hated
Do you know how many comments I report? I'm not even bothered so much about the one comment as much as the pattern and his signature. I used to think Mark Zuckerberg was insane with Facebook censorship but seeing all the tribalists on Nairaland convinced me moderation is necessary.
Also, your hate can't do nothing to me. I'm from a minority tribe and tired of the shit show by the overgrown tribal babies

1 Like

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Obagreatdatoye(m): 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2023
TundeBricklayer:

But Imo airport have more traffic than Kano, I can see most of these guys managing agencies under APC are blinded by hate
You are dumb....we are talking about recent stat...you are bringing 2021 Stat into the picture ...something is wrong with your cranial capacity....a very low thing!
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by legitnow1: 10:27pm On Sep 14, 2023
Obagreatdatoye:

You are dumb....we are talking about recent stat...you are bringing 2021 Stat into the picture ...something is wrong with your cranial capacity....a very low thing!

GO AND CLOSE LAGOS AIRPORTS AND ALL THE AIRPORTS IN SW, THAT IS YOUR REGION AND PRIMARY CONCERN.

OR DO U LIVE IN THE NORTH?
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by SonOfDSoil01: 10:29pm On Sep 14, 2023
Frigga13:

You no shame?

Na southwest dem mention?

Lagos na former capital

Be proud of Yoruba land
so I guess Lagos is in ibo land,you people no dey shame you can’t even boast of a city in your enclave even Ibadan no be una mate, you better take a back sit Mugu

2 Likes

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Abagworo(m): 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
legitnow1:

AMAECHI IS IKWERE AND IKWERE ARE NOT IGBOS.

IS THAT NOT WHAT YOU PEOPLE TELL US.

FUNNY, ENOUGH U ARE NOW MAGICALLY IGBO AGAIN.

U FOOLS, THINK THE WORLD ROTATES AROUND YOUR SMELLY CREEKS.

PORT HARCOURT IS HARAM

First off you are very ignorant. I am not Ikwerre and Ikwerre is dry fertile land not creeks and being Igbo or not doesn't change the proximity of Aba to Port Harcourt Airport. Ignorance is indeed a big disease and Amaechi said he is Igbo many times.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2023
No single Airport from the Igbo land is Economical impacted...

Hmmm
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by toprealman: 10:31pm On Sep 14, 2023
This right here makes no sense:
He also highlighted that the increasing construction of airports by state governors places a growing regulatory burden on the agency.
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by YorubaPrince: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
Frigga13:
If lagos no be former capital.., so Yoruba land , region .. for don be waste of space on earth..

Thank God for God..

Some region for don stuck in 12 century

Anoda okoro lamentation... grin grin grin

Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by PHAYOL81: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
I don't understand why FG must fund unviable ones at the detriments of the productive ones. AS partners, both parties should have an MOU indicating the limit of commitment.
THAT would deter those who goes into it without proper plan

pandax:

The so-called unviable airports are keeping the viable ones in business. Imagining closing down all the unviable airports that have passenger traffic of over 2m in 2021, this will lead to 2m reduction in passenger traffic of Lagos & Abuja, as they are the originating airports to these so-called unviable destinations. Think!!!

DID I ask for their closure? I only ask for the facilitators to bear the cost of running the facilities and not shift the responsibility onto FAAN. Besides, what's the essence of the traffic they generated into the viable ones WHEN THE BULK OF THE MONEY IS STILL GOING TO HEAD BACK TO THEIR (non-viable ones) MAINTENANCE?
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by Menclothing: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
This are airport

Men shirts 5k
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by legitnow1: 10:32pm On Sep 14, 2023
smiley
Re: Only Four Airports Are Economically Sustainable In Nigeria – Dr. Muda Yusuf by YorubaPrince: 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2023
Zonefree:

Remove Lagos state, there's no difference between Yorubaland and Haiti.

Anoda cursed tribeman wailing. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Horrific Acts That Are Legal In Some Countries / Man Without Fingers Rides Okada In Ibadan (Photo) / Tanker Falls, Explodes At Omagba Phase 2 Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.