Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,785 members, 7,898,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:30 PM

[b]mohbad On My Mind[/b]. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / [b]mohbad On My Mind[/b]. (162 Views)

Mohbad On A Run After Naira Marley Threatened To Kill Him / Your Body Dey Blow My Mind!!! - Davido Shares Chioma's New Picture / Uche Jombo's Outfit To 'Heaven On My Mind' Premiere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[b]mohbad On My Mind[/b]. by FATYTOY: 1:57pm On Sep 15, 2023
#Copied
This is a friend's opinion about Mohbad

While a lot has said about who or not is complicit in Mohbad's untimely death, the disgraceful way his body was hastily disposed of etc, I can't stop wondering why he didn't hit the heights his talent could have so easily taken him.

Listening to his songs over the last 48 hours, and for the first time, actually listening to the lyrics, it struck me hard how hugely talented he actually was.

Sure, I had heard Mohbad's songs prior to his death, sang parts of his songs, heard them at parties, and even danced to them, yet I had never heard his name. Not till his death. I thought I was the only one, but I've now heard and seen so many who say the same. "I loved those songs but didn't know who sang them. How come?!!! Bad management? Poor publicity?

The last time I felt this way was Dagrin died, but at least I knew his name. Instead of soaring high on the world stage, Mohbad is now a sad addition to Wiki's Club 27 while lying in a pauper's grave in Ikorodu.

I know the music business is a cut-throat, dog eat dog scene. It's pretty obvious, a vicious system conspired to keep Mohbad under.

Since his passing, streaming of his songs has gone through the roof. This can't be morbid interest only. How come his talent is now being recognised but not while he was alive?

Evidently, Mohbad dined with the druggie devil with a short spoon. He got into bed with demons who, when he tried to retrace his steps back, took offence, damaged his career, assaulted him physically, cost him his health, impacted his well-being and ultimately, directly or indirectly, cost him his life.

Did Mohbad find the devil or did the devil find him?
I wonder how his life and trajectory may have been different if only he had signed with a different label.

This loss is a huge loss. It is our loss as a people and as a nation.

"I know there is a day all my pains will go away." I hope Mohbad has finally found the peace he craved and fought for.

https://www.facebook.com/548733182/posts/pfbid0zNrS8Ua73xH7yojqrxkidKMq1TdxtoYNugnkDWTWUrpRU6gERd597pThfi7WBYTul/?mibextid=Nif5oz

(1) (Reply)

Mohbad: Daddy Showkey Raises Alarm On Overwhelming Death Threats / CMD Music FT PD2 & Jay Teazer - Don't Shy / The Many Faces Of Katee Sackhoff: An Inside Look

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.