Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,344 members, 7,932,263 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 11:01 PM

Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) (12408 Views)

Lagos State University Makes Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For All Student / FG Approves Mother Tongue As A Compulsory Language In Primary Schools / Is English Language A Good Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by RedAlert08(m): 10:26am On Sep 18, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
why do you wanna school in Lagos if you are not ready to learn Yoruba?

Go and school somewhere else or go to federal school in the same Lagos.

Can you go to France as an English speaker and expect them to teach you in English because you are special?

you're very da.ft. In a heterogeneous country like ours, what is the official language of Nigeria?

Do you think it would bode well with the country if every state in Nigeria decide to make their language compulsory?

why do we always do the things that divide us, instead of the things that unite us?
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by SonOfDSoil01: 10:39am On Sep 18, 2023
Deefirm:
Can it be said any better than this? Nope!!!! God bless you for this unbiased comment. Why are those in leadership position who are supposed to preserve this country the ones gradually destroying? Chaiiii!!! Very bad precedence about to be established, the entity called Nigeria is gradually sliding away.

so because i want to preserve this country, i should lose my identity as a yoruba man right? The aborigines of lagos thinks otherwise you can chose to abide my the law if you want to study in Lasu or go elsewhere, Lasu na state school no be by force to attend...Lobatan
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by NinjaMetahuman: 11:10am On Sep 18, 2023
danvon:

My point is in order to understand GS 104 you must first understand Yoruba- unlike English, French or others, Yoruba language has always been taught in such a way that even if you spent your whole life in Lagos (even if you truly want to learn Yoruba language) if you do not already have an established Yoruba background you can never understand it, it's a subject inside a subject. If you just make the subject compulsory It's as if you are setting some students up for failure.
Then that is the student problem not the school or state problem.

There are alternative schools in the state that donot make the use of Yoruba compulsory.

If I dream to school in french university, then I have to learn the language or just go to a school in France that donot require any form of french to pass out.

Same logic is applied here.

1 Like

Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by NinjaMetahuman: 11:16am On Sep 18, 2023
RedAlert08:

you're very da.ft. In a heterogeneous country like ours, what is the official language of Nigeria?

Do you think it would bode well with the country if every state in Nigeria decide to make their language compulsory?

why do we always do the things that divide us, instead of the things that unite us?
is that how you address your father at home?
Your finger types faster than your retarded brain.

Heterogeneous country doesn't make a state heterogeneous. Is abia state heterogeneous?

If you are not retarded, you would know it's important for every state to make laws like this to preserve the local language. And those who intend to go to school in other states can go to school at federal school where it is not important to use local language.

1 Like

Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Deefirm: 11:30am On Sep 18, 2023
If you read your first two lines carefully you'd actually get the message, no one told the Yorubas to lose their identity, if you must impose yoruba language as a subject on anyone however, it should be limited to students with Yoruba origin, which you can get from their LGA letter, it should be optional for other students. We have a lot of students studying in China, SA, Turkey etc...none of the country local language has been forced on them!!! Get the message from your quote bro. I personally like the language and tried my best to learn it in Lagos, but you can't force it on student, don't encourage madness, soon entities will copy this rubbish and make it a yardstick for employment. Don't break this country than it is already, BAT tenure is just 8yrs, let's not toll the line we will forever regret a Nation. I come in PEACE.

Seun... Nairaland Policewoman...Manna will keep mute on topics like this, your biased is out of the world....!!!!

SonOfDSoil01:
so because i want to preserve this country, i should lose my identity as a yoruba man right? The aborigines of lagos thinks otherwise you can chose to abide my the law if you want to study in Lasu or go elsewhere, Lasu na state school no be by force to attend...Lobatan
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by SonOfDSoil01: 11:42am On Sep 18, 2023
Deefirm:
If you read your first two lines carefully you'd actually get the message, no one told the Yorubas to lose their identity, if you must impose yoruba language as a subject on anyone however, it should be limited to students with Yoruba origin, which you can get from their LGA letter, it should be optional for other students. We have a lot of students studying in China, SA, Turkey etc...none of the country local language has been forced on them!!! Get the message from your quote bro. I personally like the language and tried my best to learn it in Lagos, but you can't force it on student, don't encourage madness, soon entities will copy this rubbish and make it a yardstick for employment. Don't break this country than it is already, BAT tenure is just 8yrs, let's not toll the line we will forever regret a Nation. I come in PEACE.

Seun... Nairaland Policewoman...Manna will keep mute on topics like this, your biased is out of the world....!!!!

pls i want to believe you are learned? And i guess you should know their is a difference between a state school and a federal institution, and currently Nigeria run a federating system which empower every state to make it laws thereby also the establishment of the school, so pls how is it the business of state A how state B chose to run its affairs?
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by lwisee: 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2023
Irony1:

Mention one. This is how you people just spread lies anyhow.

E be like say your head no co.rrect abi

The picture below looks like joke to you abi

Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by lwisee: 12:10pm On Sep 18, 2023
AK481:

Lies

Ozuo

Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Ikaeniyan0: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2023
bonnyhope:

Using France as an example is illogical

We are In the same country with a general language. Yoruba is not a general language

It can be offered as a course but not to be forced down on everyone.

Remember this is university
Some of you just love complaining about everything.

There's nothing wrong in a state university making Yoruba language a compulsory subject.

There are some schools in the south east where this kind of thing is been done. We must not totally abadon our language.
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by chatinent: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
The way these ones claiming Yorubas on FrontPage dey disgrace the Yorubas eh
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Deefirm: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
Being learned is not by English boy, don't set a precedent that cannot be sustained/or pass nationwide acceptability test, that's the point here. Should your brothers and sisters in RUST will be made to study ikwerri, ogoni, Eleme or calabari language as a compulsory subject, or they rescind their admission? Have you ever heard of the word utilitarianism? Your actions must align with, or bring about the greater good of the greater population, hence critical thinking is required before policies are reeled out, the truth is Yorubas are gradually setting a bad precedence, the very big mistake, over confidence killing the Igbos today. Take it or leave it.

SonOfDSoil01:
pls i want to believe you are learned? And i guess you should know their is a difference between a state school and a federal institution, and currently Nigeria run a federating system which empower every state to make it laws thereby also the establishment of the school, so pls how is it the business of state A how state B chose to run its affairs?
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Gajagojo: 12:23pm On Sep 18, 2023
danvon:

My point is in order to understand GS 104 you must first understand Yoruba- unlike English, French or others, Yoruba language has always been taught in such a way that even if you spent your whole life in Lagos (even if you truly want to learn Yoruba language) if you do not already have an established Yoruba background you can never understand it, it's a subject inside a subject. If you just make the subject compulsory It's as if you are setting some students up for failure.
They can take it every year for four years till they pass it won't affect their degree class but they won't graduate without it
They know and if they do not like it they can move to another university
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Gajagojo: 12:44pm On Sep 18, 2023
Deefirm:
Being learned is not by English boy, don't set a precedent that cannot be sustained/or pass nationwide acceptability test, that's the point here. Should your brothers and sisters in RUST will be made to study ikwerri, ogoni, Eleme or calabari language as a compulsory subject, or they rescind their admission? Have you ever heard of the word utilitarianism? Your actions must align with, or bring about the greater good of the greater population, hence critical thinking is required before policies are reeled out, the truth is Yorubas are gradually setting a bad precedence, the very big mistake, over confidence killing the Igbos today. Take it or leave it.

So this is a precedent?
It has never happened anywhere else in Nigeria?
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by bonnyhope: 12:54pm On Sep 18, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Some of you just love complaining about everything.

There's nothing wrong in a state university making Yoruba language a compulsory subject.

There are some schools in the south east where this kind of thing is been done. We must not totally abadon our language.

Okay Sir
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by SonOfDSoil01: 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2023
Deefirm:

keep leaving in delusions, we all came from a certain background and have different history before Nigeria. Whether u like it or not so shall it be till the end of time.Why then do we have state of assembly legislating state laws for there respective states? I am sure if it were in oyo state you won’t have a problem, forgetting that Lagos is also a state by law and we have every right to legislate on our we deem fit so get that into your head.
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by FuckDModz: 1:35pm On Sep 18, 2023
grin

What languages will they teach in Kogi, Delta, Rivers and Abuja?

Yoruba morons will destroy Nigeria and I love to see it.
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by babajero(m): 2:49pm On Sep 18, 2023
lwisee:
Most Universities in the East does same
Most of the universities doesn't have a name?
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by frank155(m): 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2023
babajero:
Most of the universities doesn't have a name?

You know you can easily check these claims?

For example Unizik has had Igbo as a compulsory course for all 100 level students.
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by frank155(m): 3:34pm On Sep 18, 2023
Seriously, WTF is wrong with you guys? How does LASU offering Yoruba for all 100 level turn into a tribal issue?

LASU, is located in the Yoruba land so it's not odd for them to take such decision.
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by luluman: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2023
lwisee:
Most Universities in the East does same
do same
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by tobstarizhia(m): 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2023
No wahala. Every university in every state will reciprocate. Simple as.
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by damoobaba: 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:

Stop lying. Mention the universities that treats Igbos Language as a GNS/GST

The pigs whose ancestors were eaten by pigs at Ore are here.
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Irony1: 7:52am On Sep 19, 2023
Christistruth00:

I was not the one who gave the order to burn down Lagos and Kill Security Agents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxRN-c3twW0?si=dLWgj8meRsQyLucF
Once again you will soon be picked, something that was clearly doctored videos. You will be arrested soon don't worry.
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Christistruth00: 8:02am On Sep 19, 2023
Irony1:

Once again you will soon be picked, something that was clearly doctored videos. You will be arrested soon don't worry.

Has the truth already scared you that badly?

Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Irony1: 9:46am On Sep 19, 2023
Christistruth00:

Has the truth already scared you that badly?

Keep lying very well. There was never a time it happened and you will soon be arrested for this
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Christistruth00: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2023
Irony1:

Keep lying very well. There was never a time it happened and you will soon be arrested for this

Evidence Below

kanu ordered IPOB to burn down lagos on live Radio knowing fully well that the fake Lekki Massacre was a Hoax because he and IPOB had deliberately helped to distribute the fake news on Social Media in order to create an excuse to murder Police and attack lagos

AUTHENTIC audio below are nnamdi kanu's orders to ipob on live Radio during endsars Protests

1hr 35Mins
Destroy every bridge and kill all Police

1hr 46 mins
burn down tinubu’s hotel

1 hr 42 min
Burn down Nitel building and all Govt buildings in lagos, burn down Muritala Mohammed Airport

1hr 39 min kanu orders IPOB to Kill Army Officers and manufacture Weapons

1hr 47 min tinubu must go down

1hr 52 min
kanu Confirmed information that Cele and Orile police Stations In lagos are on fire and Is delighted

Orders ipob to use green white green and blood as the Nigerian flag.

Tells ipob to target tinubu and Sanwo Olu and their Children

1 hr 56 min
block every road kill Sabotuers

2hr.00 min
Destroy everything holding the Economy of Nigeria. Burn all pipelines

2.hr09 min
Kill the Army in Lekki [/b]Claims 15 people were killed in Lekki.,Set Dangote Trucks on Fire.

2.hr 15 min
[b] Burn down Every Federal Govt Building attack Police.

2hr 18 mins
Describes again how to make Molotov Cocktail bombs

2hr20min kanu asks where are the ipob People with Double barrel guns in Abuja?

2 hr 22 min
ipob will make an example of Ikpeazu and Sanwo Olu all tinubu’s nvestments should be destroyed

2hr 24min build bombs and lay them by the roadside

2 hr 32 min kill any Governor that declares Curfew

2hr 56min
kanu says tinubu’s hotel is on fire on his orders

3 hr 09 mins

burn everything tinubu owns and Dangote Trucks the war has started

Every Police Station must go down
destroy all Federal Government Property burn down Lekki Toll Gate destroy Dangote refinery burn every Pastors Church that supports one Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktk4uXmlOLs

Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Irony1: 10:43am On Sep 19, 2023
Christistruth00:

Evidence Below

kanu ordered IPOB to burn down lagos on live Radio knowing fully well that the fake Lekki Massacre was a Hoax because he and IPOB had deliberately helped to distribute the fake news on Social Media in order to create an excuse to murder Police and attack lagos

AUTHENTIC audio below are nnamdi kanu's orders to ipob on live Radio during endsars Protests

1hr 35Mins
Destroy every bridge and kill all Police

1hr 46 mins
burn down tinubu’s hotel

1 hr 42 min
Burn down Nitel building and all Govt buildings in lagos, burn down Muritala Mohammed Airport

1hr 39 min kanu orders IPOB to Kill Army Officers and manufacture Weapons

1hr 47 min tinubu must go down

1hr 52 min
kanu Confirmed information that Cele and Orile police Stations In lagos are on fire and Is delighted

Orders ipob to use green white green and blood as the Nigerian flag.

Tells ipob to target tinubu and Sanwo Olu and their Children

1 hr 56 min
block every road kill Sabotuers

2hr.00 min
Destroy everything holding the Economy of Nigeria. Burn all pipelines

2.hr09 min
Kill the Army in Lekki [/b]Claims 15 people were killed in Lekki.,Set Dangote Trucks on Fire.

2.hr 15 min
[b] Burn down Every Federal Govt Building attack Police.

2hr 18 mins
Describes again how to make Molotov Cocktail bombs

2hr20min kanu asks where are the ipob People with Double barrel guns in Abuja?

2 hr 22 min
ipob will make an example of Ikpeazu and Sanwo Olu all tinubu’s nvestments should be destroyed

2hr 24min build bombs and lay them by the roadside

2 hr 32 min kill any Governor that declares Curfew

2hr 56min
kanu says tinubu’s hotel is on fire on his orders

3 hr 09 mins

burn everything tinubu owns and Dangote Trucks the war has started

Every Police Station must go down
destroy all Federal Government Property burn down Lekki Toll Gate destroy Dangote refinery burn every Pastors Church that supports one Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktk4uXmlOLs

Dude calm down and stop showing audio messages that are clearly modulated with deepfake AI
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Christistruth00: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2023
Irony1:

Dude calm down and stop showing audio messages that are clearly modulated with deepfake AI
I was hoping you would deny it
You love to lie
If it was deep fake why did Radio Biafra Broadcast it live and why is it still on Ipob's website

More Below:

audio Of nnamdi kanu ordering ipob to destroy BRT Buses and lagos
49 mins kanu gives Ok to destroy brt buses
52 mins TVC is on fire
1 hour 13 mins kanu orders ipob destroy every FG building
1 hour23 mins kanu Orders ipob badagry attack every Military location in the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhj-wyqfS1I
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Irony1: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2023
Christistruth00:

I was hoping you would deny it
You love to lie
If it was deep fake why did Radio Biafra Broadcast it live and why is it still on Ipob's website

More Below:

audio Of nnamdi kanu ordering ipob to destroy BRT Buses and lagos
49 mins kanu gives Ok to destroy brt buses
52 mins TVC is on fire
1 hour 13 mins kanu orders ipob destroy every FG building
1 hour23 mins kanu Orders ipob badagry attack every Military location in the night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhj-wyqfS1I

Again stop doing deep fake AI audio messages
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Christistruth00: 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2023
Irony1:

Again stop doing deep fake AI audio messages

It is you that will use Speech Recognition Software to confirm that it is Authentic
Re: Has LASU Made Yoruba Language A Compulsory Course For Students? (Fact Check) by Gajagojo: 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
luluman:
do same
This is exactly why it is necessary so we can master OUR OWN language and correct ourselves in OUR OWN language not be forming English police over another person's language

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Plz Guyz Wat Is The Meaning Of Outstanding In Waec Result Insteed Of Grade / We Need N108 Billion To Revive Mathematics – NMC DG / World's Toughest Riddle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.