Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,068 members, 7,933,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 09:41 AM

What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent (718 Views)

What I Noticed About My Uncle's Child / What I Noticed In My Neighborhood / Elderly Man Weds Little Girl In Northern Nigeria (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by KiNg0G: 1:02pm On Sep 18, 2023
Why is that when I give my parent money like 50 to 80k for upkeep within a month it's finished and I start getting calls and so forth which is quite okay. But when I am broke as in really broke that I can't even carter for something's myself my sisters comes in and from her low paying job she drops like 10k or thereabout that can take them for sometime with enough of gratitudes from them and they spend it quite well . But mine is just like seen normal and it's almost likes it's lessed valued I mean that's how I feel.
I am not here for any abuse on my parents I love them and like catering for their needs but man has to think sometimes and wonder if other fellow men like myself experience such.

Nlfpmod
Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by Omihanifa: 1:05pm On Sep 18, 2023
Just overlook and keep doing your best

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by KiNg0G: 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
Omihanifa:
Just overlook and keep doing your best
exactly
Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by dawnomike(m): 1:06pm On Sep 18, 2023
KiNg0G:
Why is that when I give my parents money like 50 to 80k for upkeep within a month it's finished and I start getting calls and so forth which is quite okay. But when I am broke as in really broke that I could even carter for something's myself my sisters comes in and for her low paying job she drops like 10k or thereabout that can take them for sometime with enough of gratitude from them and they spend it quite well . But mine is just like seen normal and it's almost likes it's lessed valued I mean that's how I feel.

Nlfpmod
I understand how you feel... I believe they just expect more from you because they value you more in terms of worth.
Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by Wawelexy(m): 1:16pm On Sep 18, 2023
They believe the money you give to them is like taking a cup of water out of the Ocean.... Abi you will like to swap financial status with your sister so they can give you more accolades?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by bluepreek(m): 1:20pm On Sep 18, 2023
lipsrsealed
I understand you ain't complaining..But they are your parents.....

After all,there are some men in-here and out-there who spend so much amount of money on mumu girls without getting any gratitude from them,but aren't complaining.

So bro,ignore them and do your best to make them happy now that they are still alive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by Peter532: 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2023
KiNg0G:
Why is that when I give my parents money like 50 to 80k for upkeep within a month it's finished and I start getting calls and so forth which is quite okay. But when I am broke as in really broke that I can't even carter for something's myself my sisters comes in and from her low paying job she drops like 10k or thereabout that can take them for sometime with enough of gratitudes from them and they spend it quite well . But mine is just like seen normal and it's almost likes it's lessed valued I mean that's how I feel.
I am not here for any abuse on my parents I love them and like catering for their needs but man has to think sometimes and wonder if other fellow men like myself experience such.

Nlfpmod

The availability bro, when you brings stuff's out in excess it loose it's value. Bring that same stuff little by little in a period of time it will be more valued.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2023
I didn't even expect you will care for your parents going by the way you behave here but kuddos and this is another example of not judging people too quickly

Forget about their reaction and appreciation, keep caring for them and posterity will come through in your favour

It's a seed you are sowing, be rest assured that it will yield good result someday.
Keep doing you irrespective of their ingratitude

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by Dpen11(f): 1:32pm On Sep 18, 2023
That's the reason why you won't stop lacking
Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by Stevenbright(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2023
KiNg0G:
Why is that when I give my parent money like 50 to 80k for upkeep within a month it's finished and I start getting calls and so forth which is quite okay. But when I am broke as in really broke that I can't even carter for something's myself my sisters comes in and from her low paying job she drops like 10k or thereabout that can take them for sometime with enough of gratitudes from them and they spend it quite well . But mine is just like seen normal and it's almost likes it's lessed valued I mean that's how I feel.

Nlfpmod

None have told you the truth thus far.

See ehn they think you have it in excess and should be able to do more.

Solution: If that range of amount is what you can comfortably afford, fine. Otherwise, cut it to the range you will be very comfortable with no matter what. Also, learn to sometimes complain to them about your own needs too so that they will realize that all you do for them is not from a comfort zone but sacrifices of love.

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by lilyheaven: 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2023
Since they can manage 10k in a month, when it’s dropped by your sister,
I think you should be dropping 10k every week for them.
Save the rest in the bank for them.
The saved money will be used for medical check or any emergency that might arise.
Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About My Elderly Parent by Baronthecelebri: 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2023
Then give them 10k

(1) (Reply)

/ Want An Invitation To China / How To Have The Best Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.