Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,428 members, 7,881,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 12:09 AM

Teaching Our Children In Our Indigenous Vocabularies - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teaching Our Children In Our Indigenous Vocabularies (127 Views)

Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) / Always Use These 20 Vocabularies If You Want To Sound British / Video Of Out Of School Children In Northern Nigeria Stir Panic Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teaching Our Children In Our Indigenous Vocabularies by odoemelamemmanu(m): 3:37pm On Sep 18, 2023
Teaching Our Children In Our Indigenous Vocabularies

The strategic thing the APC government led by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu needs to do for Nigerians is to convert all STEM subjects from English Language to Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Fulani, Nupe, Kanuri, Tiv, Idoma, Effik, Ibibio, etc, as the case may be, according to the language domiciled and localized in each geopolitical zone.

If we want total liberation and emancipation like Russia πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί and China πŸ‡¨πŸ‡³, I see no reason, Science πŸ”¬ , Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics should be taught in English, a foreign language.

If the Good Book πŸ“– was converted to all indigenous languages in Nigeria πŸ‡³πŸ‡¬, for easy understanding and spread, our children should be schooled πŸŽ“ in local languages for faster and more natural assimilation of what is been taught.

Our Federal Ministry of EducationπŸŽ’ should take note of this urgent appeal from concerned Nigerians.

Research has shown πŸ“Ί that things taught in one's mother tongue 😝 tend to make more meaning and proper comprehension and retention of what is been taught to the person πŸ‘­.

We humbly call on Tahir Mamman , the new Minister of Education to diligently look πŸ‘€ into the National anomaly of our teaching and learning pattern, which has robbed us of our identity as a people and has kept us bound from reaching our God-given potential as blacks.

This is sacrosanct and expedient, it is a national emergency and calls for action as soon as possible.

#FederalMinistryofEducation #Education #MotherTongueMatters

Emmanuel Odoemelam , Abuja.

https://osunreporters.com/2023/09/teaching-our-children-in-our-indigenous-vocabularies-emmanuel-odoemelam/

Re: Teaching Our Children In Our Indigenous Vocabularies by dutch84(f): 1:34am On Nov 28, 2023
I agree. That is why I have started a YouTube channel teaching math and science in Igbo language. Check out this video and get a taste of the power of learning in our Indigenous language. If you should watch it, leave a comment and let me know if I am on the right track... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuyOOyyI10Y

I also have a playlist of Igbo science, math, and tech tutorials at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auu5jZm8kWo&list=PLYOXTBTMsDbsDQlduL6n4WmSNW7wENDqb&index=2

(1) (Reply)

Shameless And Shameful / How To Crate Talkatone (2023) / How Just A Calculator Ruined My CITN Exam... 6 Day To CITN October Diet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.