Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,696 members, 7,889,216 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:25 AM

Gender Discrimination @ Workplaces - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gender Discrimination @ Workplaces (90 Views)

FCCPC Shuts Chinese Supermarket Over Discrimination In Abuja / Zoom Named One Of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces For 2020 / NSE Calls For Gender Equality, Women’s Empowerment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gender Discrimination @ Workplaces by EconomistXplain: 2:48pm On Sep 19, 2023
Going through my everyday economic routine, i came to the realization that Men, not women are very much discriminated against during gender preferences for job offers...

take for example, the financial sector have a women to men sex ratio of 7:3.

in the education sector it is 9:1 for women to men , in the health sector, it is 6:4 for men to women..

the telecom sector is 6:4 women to.men

in d agricultural sector it is 5:5

in the entire informal sector it is 5:5..

in the engineering sector it is 2:8 for women to
men

now my main focus is on high paying jobs that are common place example, telecom,finance,health , insurance,

in this above listed sectors the proportion of female to male employment is just so alarming...in more than 8telecom firms i visited only one male works in each and every one of them, a bank i visited in Asaba Nebisi road first bank, wen u enter u meet a table of three marketers who are all female, at the counter, only one of 5 tellers is a male, went to customer care upstairs, all four are female, went to the ATM card printing section ,all three staffs are female, debibrate went to snoop all other sector and discovers only two guys work in the bank aside the low income sector ( the security)

why are employers dicrimiting against men in employment,, why are womenbent on rushing all the good paid jobs agead of men in a society a man shld lead...

went to a teaching hospital also in Asaba, all the nurses (large in number) are all ladies, doctors are 6:4 men to women ratio, went to series of banks that same morning nd notice similar sex segregation at work place..dou not on an alarming scale as the first bamk Nebusi road...

now my take, if u employ a male and female staffs in a high paying job like CBN, in three years, the mans resources in his bank will b far lower than the lady, reason : sh will not invest, help anyone aside her parents even siblings na war, sh will cut off men who dont earn more than her nd call them low class and refuse to marry anyone untill sh is old or luckily meet a rich guy...

what am heading at is this: men leads the home and society, leadership has responsibilities, women are called men's support, yes they also need money, but since they will never lead a home in presence of thier husbands, employers shld giv them jobs but not in a ratio that is way more than men,

men hv responsibilities, if a high earning wife even supports her husband for even 1year, sh will resent the man nd break up the marriage...

so why giv a society financial resources to pl without responsibility ..?

(1) (Reply)

Would You Rather Buy Woods From Timber Market Or Hire Saw Machine User?. / The Importance Of Effective Drain Cleaning For Sydney Homeowners / Navigating The Vaping World With Tugboat Vape: A Journey Of Flavor And Quality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.