Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,324 members, 7,888,026 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:47 PM

Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels (429 Views)

Trusting The Experts: Garage Door Repair And Services In Pleasanton / Contact The Experts Now To Avail The Best Windshield Crack Repair Services / 5 Mentalities Nigerian Youths Must Drop To Succeed - Experts.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by lisky1234: 4:53pm On Sep 20, 2023
Solar expert in the house. Please help. The moderators should please help me move it to the appropriate section.

I am actually enthusiast about this. I arranged and fixed everything myself but I plan to hire an expert for the solar panel. But before that, I like to know what they are doing and I like being informed.

I have some few questions but let me start my giving information about my setup so as to assist you to answer my questions.

1. THE LOAD

I have two ceiling fan with power rated at 140 watt, 70 watt each but I never set it to the maximum speed which is 5, it is usually at 3 so I estimated the power consumption to drop from 140 watt to 100 watt

My 46' TV is rated at 120 watt, but because I do not use its maximum features, I expected a drop in the power consumption. I don't use its sound because it is connected to an external sound device and I use eco mode which greatly reduced the brightness of the screen. I estimated the power consumption to drop from 120 watt to 100 watt

For sound, I have a AV receiver capable of powering up to 8 channels/speakers and it is rated at 340 watt. I do not use its maximum features as well. I only only have 6 channels/speakers connected, and I use just about 80% of its volume. So estimated the power consumption to drop from 340 watt to 280 watt

I use 20 watt LED bulb for lighting and I have 3 light points. So I expect the power consumption to be 60 watt

I estimated 100 watt for miscellaneous power consumption activities like phone charging.

Total maximum power consumption is 760 watt or 760 watt hour or 0.76 kilowatt hour
Total reduced power consumption is 640 watt or 640 watt hour or 0.64 kilowatt hour

NOW THIS IS MY NUMBER (1) QUESTION:
My estimate for the power consumption based on my usage might not be accurate but is it correct that not using an an electrical appliance to the maximum of its capacity will result to the reduction of its power consumption? You can give an extensive response if it is going to help. Thanks
Re: Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by lisky1234: 4:55pm On Sep 20, 2023
2. THE INVERTER
I use a 12V - 1100va which is designed to power up to 1,100 watt of load if efficiency is not considered. Although my total load is 760 watt, never got an overload error but I still intend to upgrade to 1500va or 2000va inverter in future in case I might want to add more appliances and allow for more room to breath.
Re: Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by lisky1234: 4:56pm On Sep 20, 2023
3. ELECTRICITY REQUIRED
At any point in time, I want to have an electricity for 5 [/b]hours per day. And since my total load is [b]760 watt or 760 watt per hour or 0.76 kilowatt per hour, and I need it for 5 hours, that means I have to get a means to generate or store 3,800 watt or 3.80 kilowatt of electricity per day.

Apart from that, I want to have my two ceiling fan and miscellaneous charging to be active for additional 19 hours per day to make it 24 hours. Since my two fans is rated 140 watt, 70 watt each and miscellaneous charging is estimated to be 100 watt, to get an additional 19 hours, I am going to need to find a means to generate or store additional 4,560 watt or 4.56 kilowatt of electricity per day.

In a nutshell, the total electricity required per day is 8,360 watts or 8.36 kilowatt
Re: Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by lisky1234: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2023
4. STORING ELECTRICITY GENERATED
Of course, the inverter | am using does not have its own battery, so I have to find a way to find a battery that is big enough to store the 8,360 watt or 8.36 kilowatt electricity when generated. Because my inverter is a 12V inverter, I have to get a 12V battery.

A 12V 220A battery can store up to 2,640 watt of electricity. (V x A = P, so 12 x 220 = 2,640) Because of this, I bought seven of this type of battery, wire it together in parallel to make it a 12V 1,580A battery and capable of storing 18,480 watt or 18.48 kilowatt of electricity.

The battery is a lead acid battery, and as expected of this type of battery, I can only use 50%/half of the stored electricity. Which means from the 18,480 watt or 18.48 kilowatt of electricity it is capable of generating, I can only use half of it, which is 9,240 watt or 9.24 kilowatt of electricity. This is more than enough to store and access the 8,360 watt or 8.36 kilowatt of electricity initially required.
Re: Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by lisky1234: 5:02pm On Sep 20, 2023
5. GENERATING THE ELECTRICITY
I am currently generating the electricity by charging with NEPA light, but it is not stable enough to charge it full. This is expected because the battery is really a big one but still, it should be able to fully charge it if the light is constant enough. Sometimes, we do not have light for 4 days straight and that is why I want to rely on solar.

I already got a MPPT [/b]solar controller capable of handing up to [b]48V. I have a means to arrange some numbers of 36V 500 watt solar panels in bulk.

From personal observation, the sunlight shines bright for 6-8 hours a day. From the way my house roof is structured, I expect the solar panels to work on a normal condition for just 4 hours in a day.

NOW THIS IS MY NUMBER (2) QUESTION:
To take advantage of an assumed 4 hours of sunlight per day, how many 36V 500 watt solar panels are needed to generate the intended 8,360 watt or 8.36 kilowatt of electricity? How do you arrive at this figure? Will it be correct to get this figure by dividing 8,360 watt by 500 watt to arrive at 17 panels?
Re: Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by rapheal5(m): 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2023
Hi boss I really don't know much about the battery and solar panel capacity, most especially the efficient one. Like how many panel and battery capacity do I need to buy to power a 49inches television, 18inch ox standing fan, 18inch rechargeable fan and a table top fridge...How much will it cost for everything and installation..Thanks
Re: Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by Business3600: 2:30am On Sep 29, 2023
rapheal5:
Hi boss I really don't know much about the battery and solar panel capacity, most especially the efficient one. Like how many panel and battery capacity do I need to buy to power a 49inches television, 18inch ox standing fan, 18inch rechargeable fan and a table top fridge...How much will it cost for everything and installation..Thanks
If you are in lagos I can give you quotation, your location determines the price
Re: Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by rapheal5(m): 10:11am On Sep 29, 2023
Business3600:

If you are in lagos I can give you quotation, your location determines the price
thanks for your response, should I drop my whatsapp number you can just snap the quotation and send to me..
Re: Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by Business3600: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2023
rapheal5:
thanks for your response, should I drop my whatsapp number you can just snap the quotation and send to me..
Drop your whatsapp line
Re: Seeking Advice From The Experts On Solar Panels by rapheal5(m): 10:28pm On Sep 29, 2023
Business3600:

Drop your whatsapp line

(1) (Reply)

#saynotomtn / An New Look Into Advertising In Nigeria.. / Graphic Photos: Trailer Kills Okada Man And His Female Passenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.