Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:21 PM

Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP (9684 Views)

Hushpuppi: Call For Probe Of Atiku, Saraki, Myself Is Laughable - Timi Frank / Emir Sanusi Receives CP Wakili Who Prevented Kano Election Rigging / Kano Residents Storm Emir's Palace, Seek Justice On Kano Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by garfield1: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Now,, this means the APC brought about 1,019,602 ballot papers that were thumb-printed for NNPC to the tribunal and counted it in front of the judges...
So as to effectively cut down only the votes of NNPC.??
HOW DOES THIS SOUND TO YOU.??

What prevented them from doing the same tying to the 890,705 ballot papers that were thumb-printed for APC.??

The best thing would have been to do the same thing to all the DAANNGG BALLOT PAPERS... And not to be totally unreasonably unfair to a particular party.

That's the problem with obidients or should I say dumbidients.you guys know little about law so when someone coaches you,you see it as unreasonable and funny but it is the law and supercedes your opinion or thinking.the ways of the law is different from the ways of laymen.

Now in a court case,a petitioner attacks the votes or qualifications or advantages of the winner.he does not attack his own.therevis nothing unfair there,that is how it works.the law allows nnpp to also file a cross petition and focus on the votes of apc but they failed to.obi attacked tinubu qualification,tinubu attacked obi's qualifications also.can you now get it? Apc case is with votes scored by nnpp not its own votes.if nnpp is bothered,nothing stops them from attacking APC votes just like in ogun where apc and pdp attacked each other's votes

1 Like

Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2023
Monday60655:

Then the so called election we all clamoured for has turned out to be selection.
How do u blame INEC and Judiciary when u believe a candidate who is not a member of the party 30 days before the primary election should be the flag bearer?
The law states that a flag bearer must be a party member 30 days before primary elections and that's when the party register is submitted to INEC, u support someone whose name is not on that register.
So many irregularities with political parties because of quest for power, u all ignore that and focus on the judiciary.
If an APC govèrñór is removed from office today because of the same things today, u will celebrate it saying Justice has prevailed.
Being biased hasn't helped the country.
The average Nigerian is biased, that's the major reason I took a break from fighting for the society.
U all are insincere and always tune d narrative to favor u.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Go sleep, you have nothing to say!
If u are jobless, sleeping is good for u.

1 Like

Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by BluntCrazeMan: 11:32am On Sep 21, 2023
JagabanB:

So u agree that a party can field a candidate that did not Join the party 30 days before elections?
That is totally a party issue.
If anyone in the party didn't like the idea,, he for don challenge am..

And as for the 30-days brouhaha..
The Electoral-Act didn't specify any punishment for anyone whose name was not in the party’s list 30-days before their primaries..

So, why would judges start making their own laws, and be prescribing punishments which the laws didn't prescribe.??
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2023
MondayOsunbor:

we are waiting for the cartel called APC to kill us all finish
U can continue to cry.
People who talk like this were sometime PDP supporters who supported candidates that once said "election for me is a do or die affair", "even if only my family members vote for me, I will still win this election".
People who said so many vile things to show u that election is insignificant.
U can continue to moan

1 Like

Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by BluntCrazeMan: 11:34am On Sep 21, 2023
garfield1:

That's the problem with obidients or should I say dumbidients.you guys know little about law so when someone coaches you, you see it as unreasonable and funny but it is the law and supercedes your opinion or thinking.the ways of the law is different from the ways of laymen.

Now in a court case,a petitioner attacks the votes or qualifications or advantages of the winner.he does not attack his own.therevis nothing unfair there,that is how it works.the law allows nnpp to also file a cross petition and focus on the votes of apc but they failed to.obi attacked tinubu qualification,tinubu attacked obi's qualifications also.can you now get it? Apc case is with votes scored by nnpp not its own votes.if nnpp is bothered,nothing stops them from attacking APC votes just like in ogun where apc and pdp attacked each other's votes

I am very sure that you're not a lawman..

So, why would you be trying to coach anyone in the things that has to do with Law??

Must you try to coach in your discussions about the things of Law??
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 11:35am On Sep 21, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Elections should be determined by the electorates and not five judges.

This is why it is extremely important for INEC to conduct credible and transparent elections
U can as well tell that to Obi and Atiku that the electorates has decided, so they should rest.

1 Like

Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by BluntCrazeMan: 11:37am On Sep 21, 2023
Mopolchi:
Hmmm, I see

See more perspectives..

garfield1:

In a court case,a petitioner attacks the votes or qualifications or advantages of the winner.he does not attack his own.therevis nothing unfair there,that is how it works.the law allows nnpp to also file a cross petition and focus on the votes of apc but they failed to.obi attacked tinubu qualification,tinubu attacked obi's qualifications also.can you now get it? Apc case is with votes scored by nnpp not its own votes.if nnpp is bothered,nothing stops them from attacking APC votes just like in ogun where apc and pdp attacked each other's votes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
That is totally a party issue.
If anyone in the party didn't like the idea,, he for don challenge am..

And as for the 30-days brouhaha..
The Electoral-Act didn't specify any punishment for anyone whose name was not in the party’s list 30-days before their primaries..

So, why would judges start making their own laws, and be prescribing punishments which the laws didn't prescribe.??
Like I said, the average Nigerian always bend the story to suit his sentiments.
U registered for an exam after the deadline, u are expecting a result?
Ur name is not on the party's list submitted to INEC during the deadline of party members for that election, how did u become a flag bearer of same party?
U are arguing and fine tuning this because it's against ur candidates, u know deep inside u, it's not logical, if APC did this, u will fire it like coals.
Just like Lawal manipulated his way back to the Senate and some people are defending it because they support APC.
That's what the average Nigerian does.
If it favors u, defend it, if it doesn't favor u, cry about it.
That's just the way the society is, that's why I don't blame polîticians, the masses who are vîctîms of the iIIs of these polîticians will do wórsé than these polîticians at the slightest opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by garfield1: 11:45am On Sep 21, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

See the response someone gave..

Unfairness in law is if Apc filed the petition without giving notice to nnpp or if nnpp could not reply,if nnpp were not aware of the counting of votes or if nnpp sought to respond or file a cross petition and we're stopped by the court.
The case of apc were three.
1) Abba Yusuf wasn't qualified

2) overvoting and non accreditation

3) 165,000 invalid votes.
Now,nnpp and the courts joined issues with apc regarding these three grounds and we're thus bound by any judgment arising from these.they had the right to file a cross petition if they seemed fit.i even heard they filed their reply outside 21 days allowed yet the court accepted it for fairness sake
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by BluntCrazeMan: 11:46am On Sep 21, 2023
JagabanB:

Like I said, the average Nigerian always bend the story to suit his sentiments.
U registered for an exam after the deadline, u are expecting a result?
Ur name is not on the party's list submitted to INEC during the deadline of party members for that election, how did u become a flag bearer of same party?
U are arguing and fine tuning this because it's against ur candidates, u know deep inside u, it's not logical, if APC did this, u will fire it like coals.
Just like Lawal manipulated his way back to the Senate and some people are defending it because they support APC.
That's what the average Nigerian does.
If it favors u, defend it, if it doesn't favor u, cry about it.
That's just the way the society is, that's why I don't blame polîticians, the masses who are vîctîms of the iIIs of these polîticians will do wórsé than these polîticians at the slightest opportunity.

No matter the stories you're trying to put together..

...I am just letting you know the current situation of the Law..

Check the recent Oshimili-North Federal Constituency Case..
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

No matter the stories you're trying to put together..

...I am just letting you know the current situation of the Law..

Check the recent Oshimili-North Federal Constituency Case..
The current situation of the law is bad, agreed.
Down to party level, parties that field a candidate they know fully well is not on their register hoping to grab power and INEC who accepts such candidate knowing fully well the candidate is illegal is also bad.
Now, the problem is with us Nîgeriàns, instead of clamouring for these things to be done right in the next cycle, we support the process if it favors our candidate and go against it if doesn't.
This is the actual problem.
If Obi had won the election, he would have been removed from office on that ground.
The avèràge APC supporter who loves Nigèria shouldn't support Lawal returning to the house because it violates the law.
Same thing should be applicable to Obi supporters as well as PDP.
Not clapping for it if favors ur candidate and crîtîcîziñg it when it goes against ur candidate and point fingers at the judiciary whereas u know deep within u that the primary selection process was illegal.

1 Like

Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by BluntCrazeMan: 11:58am On Sep 21, 2023
JagabanB:

The current situation of the law is bad, agreed.
Down to party level, parties that field a candidate they know fully well is not on their register hoping to grab power and INEC who accepts such candidate knowing fully well the candidate is illegal is also bad.

Now, the problem is with us Nîgeriàns, instead of clamouring for these things to be done right in the next cycle, we support the process if it favors our candidate and go against it if doesn't.
This is the actual problem.
If Obi had won the election, he would have been removed from office on that ground.
The avèràge APC supporter who loves Nigèria shouldn't support Lawal returning to the house because it violates the law.
Same thing should be applicable to Obi supporters as well as PDP.
Not clapping for it if favors ur candidate and crîtîcîziñg it when it goes against ur candidate and point fingers at the judiciary whereas u know deep within u that the primary selection process was illegal.

I would like you to look at these two threads below..

That's me already thinking about what comes in the future,, and then, trying to put all my thoughts together in one place, for the sake of the members of the National Assembly whom I may later get to know as time goes on..

https://www.nairaland.com/7829648/suggested-amendments-electoral-act-2022-plus-transmission.

https://www.nairaland.com/7848182/how-electronic-voting-option-achievable.

So, in as much as I am now already fully focused on the future elections,, I still get to be in touch with what the current Electoral Jurisprudence is.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by ghettowriter(m): 12:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
shiki:
Thanks for the advice, but I can't believe you're chilling

My ac is on, i got cool drinks in the fridge, there's food in the kitchen, my gen is on cos no movement today. What else did i need to chill?
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by ValarDoharis: 1:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
If only INEC had conducted credible and transparent elections
JagabanB:

U can as well tell that to Obi and Atiku that the electorates has decided, so they should rest.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by shiki(m): 2:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
Keep on chilling, but where and why no movement
ghettowriter:

My ac is on, i got cool drinks in the fridge, there's food in the kitchen, my gen is on cos no movement today. What else did i need to chill?
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by Monday60655(m): 3:10pm On Sep 21, 2023
JagabanB:

How do u blame INEC and Judiciary when u believe a candidate who is not a member of the party 30 days before the primary election should be the flag bearer?
The law states that a flag bearer must be a party member 30 days before primary elections and that's when the party register is submitted to INEC, u support someone whose name is not on that register.
So many irregularities with political parties because of quest for power, u all ignore that and focus on the judiciary.
If an APC govèrñór is removed from office today because of the same things today, u will celebrate it saying Justice has prevailed.
Being biased hasn't helped the country.
The average Nigerian is biased, that's the major reason I took a break from fighting for the society.
U all are insincere and always tune d narrative to favor u.

You concluded that I celebrate when an APC governor was removed in office for same reason, that means you don't know me. Then on the matter at hand, being a member of a political party 30 days before the election, is an internal affair, and judicially has already judged on same cases in the past. So why should this one be different.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by ghettowriter(m): 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
shiki:
Keep on chilling, but where and why no movement

U stay in kano. So, yeah
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by shiki(m): 7:52pm On Sep 21, 2023
Ok I'm in Lagos
ghettowriter:

U stay in kano. So, yeah
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by BENEAMATA: 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2023
Mopolchi:
It is worrisome and intriguing that in the 163,000 unsigned and unstamped ballot papers that no one voted for APC but only NNPP.
No . Rather , it's comedy gold for anyone to think APC , the petitioners will present unstamped ballot papers thumbprinted for their party to the tribunal as evidence against the respondent NNPP !
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by BENEAMATA: 8:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
Spirit04:
and Rihanna didn't give birth since I wasn't the one who impregnated her
grin e be like say " baa laakaye " mob don dey get lessons from teachers wey crase pass dem since post PEPT judgement . Kudos to you for this retort handed one of them Nattering Nitwits (TM) .
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by BENEAMATA: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2023
Golden75:

But the case should be against inrc not the candidate
nope . That's why every party whose name logo is on the ballot papers should have agent present at every polling unit . What 163,000 unstamped papers in ballot boxes means is large scale rigging . Any voter and party agent on election day should know that unstamped , unsigned ballot papers nullifies your vote .
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by BENEAMATA: 9:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
garfield1:

Apc went through the votes of only NNPP not all the parties.apc were targeting nnpp votes and strongholds and advantages not that of other parties or apc.
Apc counted it in the presence of nnpp,inec,court officials and then presented the void votes to the judges in open court and displayed it not dumping it like obi.this is what obi should have done not rigmarolling and talking of nonsense.this is how to make a case
stop this lecturing brother . They know . They just think they can box right thinking nigerians to a corner with skewed argument . Like you expect me to go through my own votes too when all the burden of proof falls on me only to prove to the courts the incumbent didn't win .
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by garfield1: 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2023
BENEAMATA:
stop this lecturing brother . They know . They just think they can box right thinking nigerians to a corner with skewed argument . Like you expect me to go through my own votes too when all the burden of proof falls on me only to prove to the courts the incumbent didn't win .

As in.they argue beyond logic
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2023
Monday60655:

You concluded that I celebrate when an APC governor was removed in office for same reason, that means you don't know me. Then on the matter at hand, being a member of a political party 30 days before the election, is an internal affair, and judicially has already judged on same cases in the past. So why should this one be different.
Whatever happens in an election is an internal affair then.
So many things are wrong with the electoral processes right from party primaries, those stuffs are what we should focus on not the judiciary.
Obi said something about being an excellency, getting a party ticket in a way that's not excellent doesn't qualify u as excellency.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 5:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
ValarDoharis:
If only INEC had conducted credible and transparent elections
If only parties like LP did proper primary elections.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 5:41pm On Sep 22, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

I would like you to look at these two threads below..

That's me already thinking about what comes in the future,, and trying to put all my thoughts together for the members of the National Assembly whom I may later get to know as time goes on..

https://www.nairaland.com/7829648/suggested-amendments-electoral-act-2022-plus-transmission.

https://www.nairaland.com/7848182/how-electronic-voting-option-achievable.

So, in as much as I am now already fully focused on the future elections,, I still get to be in touch with what the current Electoral Jurisprudence is.
It's good, I like your threads.
These are things we should be talking about instead of petty talks that doñ't favor the màssés that keeps talking about it.
We should focus on correcting iIIs.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by Monday60655(m): 7:11pm On Sep 22, 2023
JagabanB:

Whatever happens in an election is an internal affair then.
So many things are wrong with the electoral processes right from party primaries, those stuffs are what we should focus on not the judiciary.
Obi said something about being an excellency, getting a party ticket in a way that's not excellent doesn't qualify u as excellency.

Everything that happens in an election is not an internal affair.
Again, Obi was not the judge that precise in the suit that determined his qualification to contest in the past election.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 7:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Monday60655:

Everything that happens in an election is not an internal affair.
Again, Obi was not the judge that precise in the suit that determined his qualification to contest in the past election.
LOL.
It's good to see how Nîgeriàns always fine tune the narrative to suit them and u think u want change in the society?
U obviously doñ't.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by ValarDoharis: 7:39pm On Sep 22, 2023
You're not a serious person
JagabanB:

If only parties like LP did proper primary elections.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by Monday60655(m): 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2023
JagabanB:

LOL.
It's good to see how Nîgeriàns always fine tune the narrative to suit them and u think u want change in the society?
U obviously doñ't.

I'm just telling you the fact. Truth remains the truth and bitter to some people. And it can't change no matter how you twist it.
Re: Kano Election Petition Tribunal Ruling: It Is Laughable – NNPP by JagabanB: 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2023
Monday60655:

I'm just telling you the fact. Truth remains the truth and bitter to some people. And it can't change no matter how you twist it.
Someone doing the twisting is saying this now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians View Hard Work As 'suffering'? / 1500 PDP Members Decamp To APGA / Complete Salary Breakdown Of Nigerian Senators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.