Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,628 members, 7,918,031 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:48 PM

"I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas (1708 Views)

Again, Soyinka Tackles Obasanjo Over Atiku Endorsement / Ango Abdullahi Meets Obasanjo Over 2019 Polls, Killings / Buhari Queries Obasanjo Over $16bn Power Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by Iamanoited: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2023
BentizilL:

The problem is "what concern you with Yoruba people matter?"

HE IS TRYING TO LEARN BY SUBTERFUGE.
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by Iamanoited: 8:02am On Sep 24, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

If they have faith in Obasanjo, why crying more than the bereaved?

They're Spoilers.

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by Ofunaofu: 8:06am On Sep 24, 2023
BentizilL:

The problem is "what concern you with Yoruba people matter?"

I am concerned citizen because Obasanjo was a former military head of state, a former civilian president of this country

Some of you who are insulting him today weren't even given birth to when he was military head of state
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by Ofunaofu: 8:07am On Sep 24, 2023
Iamanoited:

AND YOU SPEAK NONSENSE

AND YOU REFER TO YOURSELF AS I AM ANOINTED

WHO ANOINTED YOU

THE DEVIL I GUESS
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:08am On Sep 24, 2023
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by Corn247: 8:10am On Sep 24, 2023
Obasanjo really Bleep up

1 Like

Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by Meagainstthem: 8:10am On Sep 24, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

It a stinky mouth when the pour your sins before you. Why are you a hypocrite Tunde?
just take your stinking mouth off it.thanks
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by Sangoamadioha1: 8:14am On Sep 24, 2023
SpecialAdviser:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4O9lTDIipo?si=v-2UTEhBX0O31VCp

Ok the guy that was passed some documents in a brown envelope, that is your evidence
The evidence is not admissible because you don't know the content of the brown envelope.
Like i said without evidence you go explain tire 🙄
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by OneCandleAway(f): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2023
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

Ok the guy that was passed some documents in a brown envelope, that is your evidence
The evidence is not admissible because you don't know the content of the brown envelope.
Like i said without evidence you go explain tire 🙄
He gave him his credentials 🤣🤣🤣
Did I expect you to admit? Nay. We know una
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by Sangoamadioha1: 8:33am On Sep 24, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
He gave him his credentials 🤣🤣🤣
Did I expect you to admit? Nay. We know una

My point is don't assume without evidence. Whether you know 'una' is irrelevant here 😕
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by intruder15(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2023
All these while, I try not to comment on this issue because I am not Yoruba. To my Yoruba brothers, I am curious to know please.

Does your culture permit Obas to not respect a sitting governor or a president when on an official function organized by the state?

At first I thought that OBJ was doing it out of old age loss of sense. However, his recent interview gave context to the issue. He reiterated that the Obas are not respecting the governor which seems odd to me. Hence, he did what he did as a respect to the Governor and not necessarily himself.

So I ask again. Is the culture in a way that the Obas do not respect other forms of dignitaries such as a governor or a president or former president.
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by DatNiggaDaz: 9:20am On Sep 24, 2023
Did dis Cornfessor Bark at the Emir of Illorin,When he was told to keep his mouth shut like a lower animal

Servitude will take the coward nowhere.
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:27am On Sep 24, 2023
Sangoamadioha1:

My point is don't assume without evidence. Whether you know 'una' is irrelevant here 😕
The news was widely reported and no Oba came out to deny it. Whether you like it or not, today Nigerian monarchs have derailed from their instituted path.

How can Obasanjo be commanding Obas in an open place and they will obey him like zombies? If they obeyed, why then the noise we hear. Is it just the normal pretence? I hate nonesense. People should leave Obasanjo alone. Period
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by mrblessed(m): 9:43am On Sep 24, 2023
He is even making mockery of the traditional ruler (or ruiners), by reminding them of their constitutional status. Yes, Obasanjo overreached himself in his address to the traditional ruler, but these rulers are the employees of the state governments, who employ them, pay their perks of office, etc.
It was the British who defeated these traditional rulers, seized their powers to rule over their territories, and made an appendage of the colonial government, an offer they gleefully accepted.
Until we amend our constitution to give equal stats or power to the traditional rulers, they rank below the positions of the governor and president. It's useless to emotionally continue to bleating over what we consciously allowed.
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by Sangoamadioha1: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
[/b] The news was widely reported and no Oba came out to deny it. Whether you like it or not, today Nigerian monarchs have derailed from their instituted path.[b]

How can Obasanjo be commanding Obas in an open place and they will obey him like zombies? If they obeyed, why then the noise we hear. Is it just the normal pretence? I hate nonesense. People should leave Obasanjo alone. Period

Without evidence you go explain tire 🙄
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by CJStarz: 10:17am On Sep 24, 2023
Chaiiii.....how are the mighty fallen? This is not the Soyinka I used to Revere. He now talks anyhow.
Re: "I Am Not Here To Bark At You": Soyinka Shades Obasanjo Over Attack On Obas by lexylaw09: 4:17pm On Sep 24, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nigerian Who Won The Award As Best Dressed Politician Of The Year (photos) / Why Google Call Dangote "Owner" Of Nigeria / When Peter Obi Was Governor, By 1am, He Said,okey,see How Much I’ve Saved Toda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.