Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,319 members, 7,920,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 08:57 PM

Should I Take This Sales Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Sales Job? (11057 Views)

Graduate Trainee: Should I Take This Employment Offer? / Opay Bike Rider And Sales Job / Should I Take This Banking Job Offer? Pls Come In And Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Myer(m): 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2023
oceanblazer:
I currently work as an a bank reconciliation officer with a monthly pay of #50k and I have an offer for a Guinness depot sales reps job.

I would love to know how financially rewarding the sales rep job for Guinness products is.

I'll really appreciate your inputs.
The bolded is our problem as Nigerians.
As important as the financial reward is, we should be more interested on how much value it adds to us and the society, among other benefits- time, money, health are major factors to consider.

And consider which job will give you time to grow spiritually without compromising on your core Christian values.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by sonofsteven: 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2023
Sales job no easy but they have assigned area and already existing customers,yours should be to stay and take orders, distribute and close, if you meet your target for the week in 2 days or thereabouts,you have the remaining days to rest
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Exceed15: 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2023
There is more opportunity for you in Guinness job. Take it now!
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by CANTICLES: 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2023
Myer:

The bolded is our problem as Nigerians.
As important as the financial reward is, we should be more interested on how much value it adds to us and the society, among other benefits- time, money, health are major factors to consider.

And consider which job will give you time to grow spiritually without compromising on your core Christian values.

Good point. Sales come with targets and getting those targets can claim those bolded factors. If only many learn to look beyond money

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by habakukjss3: 2:16pm On Oct 30, 2023
oceanblazer:
I currently work as an a bank reconciliation officer with a monthly pay of #50k and I have an offer for a Guinness depot sales reps job.

I would love to know how financially rewarding the sales rep job for Guinness products is.

Ogo resign immediately..

Go join business..have the igbo mentality in u
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by pek(m): 2:30pm On Oct 30, 2023
uzomanny:
If the offer is directly from Guinness, please take it.

Should in case their offer fall below your expectation (but most likely, higher than what you currently earn), still take it.

You'll be building your portfolio for a better tomorrow either at Guinness or some other Multinational.
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Myer(m): 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2023
CANTICLES:

Good point. Sales come with targets and getting those targets can claim those bolded factors. If only many learn to look beyond money
I wanted him to share more details concerning Bank reconciliation officer and If it is a contract job. If it has a defined career path then he should exercise patience and allow himself grow.
If not then Sales jobs usually have good prospects in the long run, especially if he has a knack for Sales and marketing, which I believe everyone needs.
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by gabbasin(m): 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2023
I want you to know that the Guinness depots aren't owned by Guinness but individual distributors, you'll be employed by the distributors but you maybe driving Guinness branded van for the sales job. Though the sales job will give you the opportunity of meeting people and more flexible than the banking job you are now doing, it's a more challenging job and the pay might not be commiserate with the demands of the job, I doubt if you can get paid more than the 50k you're currently earning except if there's sales commission to be earned in addition to the salary

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Liposure: 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2023
BigYash:
Guy leave reconciliation matter o. Hold Guinness Stout tirt grin
what's in bank reconciliation job? I've never done it before
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by BigYash: 3:49pm On Oct 30, 2023
Liposure:
what's in bank reconciliation job? I've never done it before
You hear say na me dey do the Job? cheesy Make una come see me ,see wahala o.. Ask op how him dey reconcile ,people when dey fight for bank o cheesy

On a more serious note..

Bank reconciliations are an essential internal control tool and are necessary in preventing and detecting fraud. They also help identify accounting and bank errors,by providing explanations of the differences between the accounting record's cash balances and the bank balance position per the bank statement.. I think that's what op does.. But na how much bank wan pay?
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by justdogitto: 4:12pm On Oct 30, 2023
The best Job you can do is sales..it will open your eyes to many opportunities. That inside bank job will only streamline your career but sales will expose you to the real world of buying and selling. That's the best way to create wealth. It might not be easy at the beginning but once you settle down, you will reap the reward more than you can ever imagine.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Kingbuhari(m): 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2023
50k for bank staff What a joke.. even ordinary bank cleaner in Dubai earns more than 1500 aed about 400k naira according to current exchange rate

I curse that country
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by akpumping7720(m): 4:53pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nice2023:

If u take up the sales offer job...expect ur life to change for the better.

Let me tell u what happened to me after I got a sales work at the bank in 2012 in Abuja. At first I never liked it because of how tough it could get to meet up with monthly or quarterly target but as I took up the job,I started showing a burning interest in it as mine involved getting clients to buy mortgage properties.

I could remember my pay then was 48k and everything was going on well,I was getting client I was also learning on the job as a fresh graduate from school then and after about five years,I exited the system and started money lending and that has earned me more than my salary in 50years. As thus was part of the things I learnt while working in the bank.

If u want to do well for yourself fast,pick up a sales man job,don't also forget that it is tedious,tiring,interesting and funny enough it will certainly lead u to meet people of all kinds and connect u to a whole alot.

In Robert Kiyosakis book,he mentioned that being a sales man helps u create solution, and also help u over come timidity and as well as help u to find solutions to problems e.g peoples problem

Pick up the the new job if only u are u sure and good luck to u.

Are you still in the money lending business? And is the business still viable in this present economy? Cos I'm planning to enter the business. Savings and loans precisely.
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by codedprince20(m): 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2023
oceanblazer:

@Op, u need to clarify the kind of offer you actually got but from what you wrote, it's not a Guinness offer u got! Still u need to clarify..

I have first hand info after clarification.
Cheers
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by CAPITALBEE: 5:28pm On Oct 30, 2023
oceanblazer:

I doubt this job is in the Banking sector... Not even a cleaner earns this low. Please take up the sales rep job!
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Watinhapen(m): 5:41pm On Oct 30, 2023
If you know what’s good for you, do not resign from your job. Go for the interview and know exactly what will be your salary before resigning from your job.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by newoffer: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2023
Guinness experience is good..
oceanblazer:

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by hansomb: 8:38pm On Oct 30, 2023
(As a dishonest worker) Take leave for bank without telling them your intention. Taste the Guinness work, if e sweet continue, if not go back to sender. ( As a honest worker) Go directly to any experience person in the company in another branch, find out about the pros and cons of the work. If d pros big, resign your work giving reasons, if not manage the adage that says a bird in hand is better than twice in the sky.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Arizoner: 7:50am On Oct 31, 2023
hansomb:
(As a dishonest worker) Take leave for bank without telling them your intention. Taste the Guinness work, if e sweet continue, if not go back to sender. ( As a honest worker) Go directly to any experience person in the company in another branch, find out about the pros and cons of the work. If d pros big, resign your work giving reasons, if not manage the adage that says a bird in hand is better than twice in the sky.
Re: Should I Take This Sales Job? by Arizoner: 7:58am On Oct 31, 2023
gabbasin:
I want you to know that the Guinness depots aren't owned by Guinness but individual distributors, you'll be employed by the distributors but you maybe driving Guinness branded van for the sales job. Though the sales job will give you the opportunity of meeting people and more flexible than the banking job you are now doing, it's a more challenging job and the pay might not be commiserate with the demands of the job, I doubt if you can get paid more than the 50k you're currently earning except if there's sales commission to be earned in addition to the salary
do you know anything about working in NEPA as cashier

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: Force Headquarters Denies Removing Entry Requirements / Online Job Vacancy. / My Experience At The Peace Group Recruitment Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.