Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,498 members, 7,940,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:32 PM

Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx (8853 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Mechanics Decry Low Patronage As Motorists Abandon Vehicles / Rampant Fake Vehicle Number Plates Worrisome... Confirm Yours / High Influx Of Vehicles Involved In Accidents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Sirianese: 9:27am On Sep 27, 2023
mrvitalis:
All down to what people can afford really

Buy original shop and your neighbors selling fake finish selling before you it's normal

If Nigerians can afford original surely they would buy and sale original

Those who want original know where to get it

Not true

We all know it's due to the greed of Igbo importers. Keep deceiving yourselves tho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by mrvitalis(m): 9:29am On Sep 27, 2023
Sirianese:

Not true

We all know it's due to the greed of Igbo importers. Keep deceiving yourselves tho
Yes ooh only igbos sell fake
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by IjebuWarrior: 9:46am On Sep 27, 2023
Na dem Okoro Savages work be dat grin
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Procashtips(m): 9:50am On Sep 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Benin has zero import duty so yes they can afford things we can't

If you no sabi something ask

Import duty in Nigeria is over 100%

Cameroon nko?
Togo?
Ghana?

I'm expecting another excuse.

Even things produced within Nigeria got fake too

Even engine oil in Nigeria has fake ones, blame it on import duties too!

I'm waiting for more blaming.

1 Like

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by YouAreNobody: 9:53am On Sep 27, 2023
Obakoolex:
undecided We know our bloodas from that region responsible mostly for importing such product will not castigate themselves for bringing fake products to the country but will always blame FG for everything.
If you want original OEM parts, I can direct you to where your "bloodas" sell them, but the question is, how many Nigerians can afford original parts?
You sef wey dey talk, can you pay 360k for OEM AC compressor? That's even if you have a car.
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Khyrvxjzy: 9:54am On Sep 27, 2023
mrvitalis:
All down to what people can afford really

Buy original shop and your neighbors selling fake finish selling before you it's normal

If Nigerians can afford original surely they would buy and sale original

Those who want original know where to get it

mr violent please dont justify fake

1 Like

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by YouAreNobody: 9:56am On Sep 27, 2023
Agugbadin:

Na dem ,no one else can do that.
Pesin wey no get bicycle dey open mouth where people wey get car dey talk angry

Gettout abeg. As u dey like this, can you afford 18k for brake pad?
Rubbish
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by YouAreNobody: 9:59am On Sep 27, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

Just as the chinese man manufacture items of different quality, if you want to buy car parts you have the option of buying based on what you can afford.

Linkages, for example, have those of 2k for a set of 2, you can also find the ones of 8k for the same set of 2.
How many nigerians can afford the 8k one while they can buy and manage the 2k one for a long time, especially as APC has impoverished nigerians? If the economy was better, people will have higher purchasing power
No dey talk nonsense.
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Khyrvxjzy: 9:59am On Sep 27, 2023
MasterShifu010:
Nigerians naturally like cheap things , they are always crying no money , that’s why buildings are collapsing anyhow , car tires are exploding anyhow , roads are being washed away anyhow , standard and original things cost money ,
Person go enter your shop dey price goods like say you steal am , na to give am fake cheap products na .

their is difference between cheap and fake

1 Like

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by mrvitalis(m): 9:59am On Sep 27, 2023
Procashtips:

Cameroon nko?
Togo?
Ghana?

I'm expecting another excuse.

Even things produced within Nigeria got fake too

Even engine oil in Nigeria has fake ones, blame it on import duties too!

I'm waiting for more blaming.
As a manufacturer myself, given the price Nigerians are ready to pay for a product there is little you can do about quality

You obviously don't own a car... If you want original oil car owners know the quality engine oil... The price makes people buy the low quality ones

You just no sabi business
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by mrvitalis(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

their is difference between cheap and fake
In Nigeria fake means low quality
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by mrvitalis(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

I am not but truth must be said
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Khyrvxjzy: 10:03am On Sep 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

In Nigeria fake means low quality

fake means fraud
cheap mean a little amount

1 Like

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Khyrvxjzy: 10:05am On Sep 27, 2023
YouAreNobody:

Just as the chinese man manufacture items of different quality, if you want to buy car parts you have the option of buying based on what you can afford.

Linkages, for example, have those of 2k for a set of 2, you can also find the ones of 8k for the same set of 2.
How many nigerians can afford the 8k one while they can buy and manage the 2k one for a long time, especially as APC has impoverished nigerians? If the economy was better, people will have higher purchasing power
No dey talk nonsense.

kindly keep your explanation to yourself

1 Like

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Procashtips(m): 10:33am On Sep 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

As a manufacturer myself, given the price Nigerians are ready to pay for a product there is little you can do about quality

You obviously don't own a car... If you want original oil car owners know the quality engine oil... The price makes people buy the low quality ones

You just no sabi business

Before you started driving a car, I was already far gone.

People wouldn't buy any low quality oil if they know its fake.

If you can afford a car, fuel one, then making sure you buy the right type of oil becomes your priority no matter the price.

You guys just love to justify evil while blaming it on poverty.

You and your leaders are one and the same. Excuses.

1 Like

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by mrvitalis(m): 10:37am On Sep 27, 2023
Procashtips:

Before you started driving a car, I was already far gone.

People wouldn't buy any low quality oil if they know its fake.

If you can afford a car, fuel one, then making sure you buy the right type of oil becomes your priority no matter the price.

You guys just love to justify evil while blaming it on poverty.

You and your leaders are one and the same. Excuses.
Lol people know imported mobil 1 is better than local oil

Ask the oil seller that sale both which one sales more

You want mobil 1 property for Price or AZ oil

Dey play
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Procashtips(m): 10:39am On Sep 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol people know imported mobil 1 is better than local oil

Ask the oil seller that sale both which one sales more

You want mobil 1 property for Price or AZ oil

Dey play

Mobil1 is not imported, it's produced here because they have established their factories/companies here.

You're obviously not up to the educational expectation I placed on you.

Enjoy your day.
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by mrvitalis(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2023
Procashtips:

Mobil1 is not imported, it's produced here because they have established their factories/companies here.

Enjoy your day.
Oga there is still imported mobil 1 ... It's better than the one produced here ... Ask your oil Seller about imported Mobil 1 grin

Buying an imported mobil 1 and buying a locally produced one and compare the difference in quality is very obvious

If mobil can reduce quality when producing in Nigeria then you can understand my point
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by easytig(m): 10:47am On Sep 27, 2023
Mobil super and mobile one are quite different, mobile one is over 32k while mobil super na just 13-14k max, mobil one is imported with quality additives to make the engine perform optimally for a longer miles.
Procashtips:

Enjoy your day.
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Billionairly: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2023
shortgun:
There's what is called
market segmentation.....that's what is happening in the spare parts market in Nigeria and other free markets around the world.

Nobody is stopping anybody from purchasing OEM parts but where's the money to buy them?
How many vehicle owners in Nigeria can afford brake pads of 50k and above?

Hahaha 50K?? My guy thats 40 euros. I just spent 400 euros to change just one brake pad of my wifes 2019 BMW 3 series. And looked every where for the cheapest option. The toyotas were going for about 150 to 220 euros. Convert to naira and you are talking about over 400k to change brake pad, How many of the walking dead you see in that ur country can afford that?

2 Likes

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Stubborn82: 11:05am On Sep 27, 2023
If you need genuine, standard oem spare part in large small or large quantities, contact me.
If you are a mechanic, you will get 5% anytime you refer your customer to buy from us, we deal in original and standard vehicle spare parts.
0 eight 0 two 34 five, 85, one one
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by BabaIbo: 11:20am On Sep 27, 2023
accordadoga30:
Na dem..

Country no good, country no good but Na dem spoil am reach 90%

As if you can afford original products.

There are original products in that same market but they want people to import originals at higher prices and sell to them at low prices.
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Procashtips(m): 11:20am On Sep 27, 2023
easytig:
Mobil super and mobile one are quite different, mobile one is over 32k while mobil super na just 13-14k max, mobil one is imported with quality additives to make the engine perform optimally for a longer miles.

2 different mix/grade

Mobil 1 is synthetic
Mobil 2000 is semi
Mobil 1000 is conventional

Different brand of vehicles use different oil grade.

So what's your point again?
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Procashtips(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2023
mrvitalis:

Oga there is still imported mobil 1 ... It's better than the one produced here ... Ask your oil Seller about imported Mobil 1 grin

Buying an imported mobil 1 and buying a locally produced one and compare the difference in quality is very obvious

If mobil can reduce quality when producing in Nigeria then you can understand my point

You no fit learn.

1 Like

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by BabaIbo: 11:22am On Sep 27, 2023
Billionairly:

Hahaha 50K?? My guy thats 40 euros. I just spent 400 euros to change just one brake pad of my wifes 2019 BMW 3 series. And looked every where for the cheapest option. The toyotas were going for about 150 to 220 euros. Convert to naira and you are talking about over 400k to change brake pad, How many of the walking dead you see in that ur country can afford that?

You and your family are the wal king de ad, can't you be reasonable?

Na naira wey no get value I blame not you.
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by BabaIbo: 11:24am On Sep 27, 2023
Procashtips:

You no fit learn.

I understand what you're trying to say but you too dey argue, Mobil 1 have grades.

Just like Nivea and every other imported products that now have their factories here in Nigeria, they reduced the quanlity of the locally produced ones to meet up with the cost of production.
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by ASAPFERG: 11:26am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigeria should divide abeg..

I hate sharing country with igbos..

I so much despise this people that I feel like killing them whenever I see anyone of them around me angry
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by easytig(m): 11:28am On Sep 27, 2023
My point is any Mobil 1 you purchase here in naija,that was produce here is fake,that is being sold at the rate of the imported Mobil 1 is obviously fake.mobil one is strictly not produced anywhere in Nigeria.
Procashtips:

2 different mix/grade

Mobil 1 is synthetic
Mobil 2000 is semi
Mobil 1000 is conventional

Different brand of vehicles use different oil grade.

So what's your point again?
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by BabaIbo: 11:29am On Sep 27, 2023
ASAPFERG:

I so much despise this people that I feel like killing them whenever I see anyone of them around me angry

There is nothing 1000 of you and your pa pa fit do to Igbo people.

1 Like

Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by BabaIbo: 11:30am On Sep 27, 2023
ASAPFERG:

Seun Mynd44 Obynoscopy Lalasticlala nfpmod Rule 2 and 3
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Procashtips(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2023
BabaIbo:

I understand what you're trying to say but you too dey argue, Mobil 1 have grades.

Just like Nivea and every other imported products that now have their factories here in Nigeria, they reduced the quanlity of the locally produced ones to meet up with the cost of production.

Is this what their company in Nigeria told you or you're using the normal Nigerian assumption?

If they locally produce mobil1 that fits our environment, does that make it less quality than those outside?

If you buy a electronics in Europe using 220v, then move to the US to buy the same electronics with 110v based on their environment, does it make it less inferior to that of 220v?

As long as you're buying from the same company, there's nothing like fake/inferior in this regard.
Re: Operators Decry Fake Vehicle Spare Parts Influx by Procashtips(m): 11:33am On Sep 27, 2023
easytig:
My point is any Mobil 1 you purchase here in naija,that was produce here is fake,that is being sold at the rate of the imported Mobil 1 is obviously fake.mobil one is strictly not produced anywhere in Nigeria.

grin grin grin

If only he knew.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Driving With One Headlight At Night / Brand New Car Batteries / If Nigerian Mechanics Were Doctors:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.