Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,954 members, 7,873,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:21 AM

Calling Kwale/ukwuani People - Creating Learning Resources - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Calling Kwale/ukwuani People - Creating Learning Resources (122 Views)

Different People's Reactions On ASUU Calling Off The Strike #yanbaba Meme / Ican Tutorial Center Around Asaba, Abraka And Kwale / ICAN Tutorial Center Around Abraka, Ozoro, Kwale And Environ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Calling Kwale/ukwuani People - Creating Learning Resources by Nullptr: 1:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
Hello people, I made a post a few weeks ago about wanting to learn my native tongue (https://www.nairaland.com/7834235/learning-igbo-questions-before-starting)

After some research I have failed to find any meaningful learning resources. So I will attempt, as I learn, to create my own. My hope is as I learn the language, I will create a codified document regarding rules, words, and specifically tenses, and I will release this, here and wherever for future learners. I believe language carries our culture and I don't want to lose that.

To that end I am asking for your help; below is a list of sections that make up a language, please can you respond with relevant translation. If you see that someone else has responded with a translation of a section, please do the next section, do not, unless you are correcting, cover that same section, just to avoid confusion thank you! Also, I will provide examples, but please feel free to add your own!

My idea is to create a format similar to what we see when learning, French or Spanish etc. Verb, the relevant conjugation, pronouns etc. So any document output will have this format. I have attached an image showing my goal.

Note: To my knowledge and understanding, Kwale/Ukwuani is a dialect of Igbo. As such an Igbo people from different areas in most cases should understand one another, at varying levels of intelligibility. There would be some words/pronouciations that vary. Please do feel free to correct me on this however.

Sections:

Nouns - (I understand that these are endless shocked undecided so I have given a couple please feel free to add others): car, meat, bus, friend, girlfriend/boyfriend, fish, dog, cat, etc.

Pronouns (this should include direct and indirect object pronouns) - I, You, He/She, It, We, They, They/You all,

Possesives (both adjectives and pronouns) - mine, yours, his, hers, theirs, ours, you all's

Verbs - (I understand that these are endless shocked undecided so I have given a couple please feel free to add others)
- be, have, go, do/make, speak, can, give, know, put, order, look, say, listen, help, learn, leave, eat, owe, read, live, allow, play, think, understand, etc.

Adjectives - just descriptive stuff, shiny, small, funny, big etc.

Adverbs - quickly, repeatedly, precisely etc.

Prepositions - over, under, around, during, according to, soon etc.

Conjunctions - and, but, so , or, nor, however, moreover, when, what, who/m, why, because, etc.

Articles - the, an, a

Tenses:
- I know speakers may not be aware of the varying tenses, you just 'speak it', when answering this section think how would I answer, presently (e.g. I eat) 'now' (e.g I am eating), or in the past (e.g I ate an hour ago) or in the future (I will go and eat soon)
Tenses are a big ask as I am asking of you the following tenses and their rules:

Present Tense - rules on how to change a verb e.g verb = eat + pronoun = I eat/ you eat/we eat etc

Gerund - rules on how to change a verb e.g verb = eat + pronoun = I am eating/ you are eating/we are eating, etc.

Past Tense - rules on how to change a verb e.g verb = eat + pronoun = I ate/ you ate/we ate, etc.

Furture Tense - rules on how to change a verb e.g verb = eat + pronoun = I will eat/ you will eat/we will eat, etc.

I am aware this is a big ask. So thank you and God bless you to whoever finds this post and answers sections.

(1) (Reply)

FU Money Review : Freaking Unbelievable Commission System / Comrade Ajibodi Seeks Support To Become NANS DSP / Exploring The World Of Coaxial Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.