Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,815 members, 7,965,990 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:48 AM

ACN Rascals Kill Selves During Party Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ACN Rascals Kill Selves During Party Rally (715 Views)

DSS Are Rascals; Fayose Storms Aso Villa, Clashes With Buhari... / Suicide Bombers Kill Selves, Soldier In Borno / Photos: Labour Party Rally In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ACN Rascals Kill Selves During Party Rally by SEner: 3:26am On Oct 20, 2011
Two killed, others injured at ACN rally Featured
Written by  Eniola Akinkuotu

L-R: Member, Federal House of Representatives, Mr. Aliu Kazeem; Chairman, Itire-Ikate Local Council Development Area, Mr. Hakeem Bamgbola; and Mr. Bidemi Taiwo, during the campaign rally of ACN in the council area, in Lagos,  on Wednesday L-R: Member, Federal House of Representatives, Mr. Aliu Kazeem; Chairman, Itire-Ikate Local Council Development Area, Mr. Hakeem Bamgbola; and Mr. Bidemi Taiwo, during the campaign rally of ACN in the council area, in Lagos,  on Wednesday Agency

Two persons died after fighting broke out at a rally organised by the Action Congress of Nigeria in the Gbagada area of Lagos on Monday.

Our correspondent learnt that the rally organised for the  local government elections, attracted supporters from various LGAs
An eyewitness, who spoke to our correspondent on the condition of anonymity on Wednesday, said the event was attended by a majority of the LGA chairmen in the state, along with their supporters.

He said, “The event began around 9am at Playground, Gbagada. Each chairman came with his own boys, wielding dangerous weapons.

“Some boys in the area (Bariga-Oworonshoki) where the event was held, led by a man identified simply as Ibrahim, felt it was their right to collect money from visitors.

“The thugs that accompanied various chairmen however told the thugs in the neighbourhood not to disturb them. This created tension as fighting broke out.”

It was learnt that the fighting was accompanied  by gunshots.
Our source said, “The Somolu Chairman,  Mr. Gbolahan Bago-Stowe, was accosted by the thugs but he said he didn’t have money to give them. Immediately, they pounced on him, seized his phones, wristwatch and other valuables from him.

“During the fight, one area boy known as Leke, lost his life along with another person while over seven persons sustained injuries. Leke was buried almost immediately according to Islamic rites.”

Bago-Stowe, however, denied he was beaten up by thugs, saying he only lost his valuables.

He said, “I was not beaten up, only my phones and wrist watch were seized by the thugs.

“I am sure it’s my political opponents at work. I don’t move around with thugs. Maybe that’s why they were able to accost me.

“I heard that about two people died, but I’m not very sure if it’s true.”
The spokesperson for ACN, Lagos, Mr. Joe Igbokwe, condemned the violence, saying violence was not the style of the ACN

“The ACN is a purely democratic party. We do not believe in violence. Hoodlums took advantage of our peaceful nature and decided to cause trouble. I am sure the hoodlums in question are not our supporters,” he said.
Meanwhile, many LG candidates for the state have begun work  on various abandoned projects in their areas.

Our correspondent who visited Oshodi, Ikate and Somolu LGs, saw labourers using sand and stones to cover up potholes on roads that had long been neglected.

On Oduduwa Street, Ikate, for instance, labourers were seen using sand and stones to fill up potholes which had marred the entire road.
Also, Dauda and Oshodi streets in Oshodi have become virtually impassable, making motorists to resort to using alternative routes.

An Commercial motorcyclist, who identified himself simply as Julius, said the outgoing council chairman did nothing to develop the area. He therefore pleaded with the state governor, Mr. Babatunde fashola to intervene.

http://news.punchng.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1842:two-killed-others-injured-at-acn-rally&Itemid=542
Re: ACN Rascals Kill Selves During Party Rally by ektbear: 3:57am On Oct 20, 2011
Nchara, some women are looking for you:

http://allafrica.com/stories/printable/201110180619.html
Re: ACN Rascals Kill Selves During Party Rally by remarkD(m): 7:22am On Oct 20, 2011
lol that's funny, (although its a serious issue), and by the way, just curious, do you know these nairalanders personally? cause when they (maybe) change their screen name, you still call them by their former ids. Also what do you study at college (and which one)? cause i like the perspective you bring to a topic no matter what it is (contrasting from those that s.tupidly spew trash, void of logic, reason and simple common sense!)
Re: ACN Rascals Kill Selves During Party Rally by ektbear: 7:52am On Oct 20, 2011
Lol. I appreciate the sentiment grin
Re: ACN Rascals Kill Selves During Party Rally by Beaf: 8:37am On Oct 20, 2011
It looked like a joke to some when I posted the article that showed ACN members were on the direct path to spilling blood in Lagos. That article narrated the gist of how ACN members went to the devils junction at Isolo to invoke evil spirits on each other.

We can only thank Aregbesola for these events, he imposed 37 of the candidates on Lagos. Election day might be a really horrible one. embarassed

"Progressives."
Re: ACN Rascals Kill Selves During Party Rally by remarkD(m): 8:52am On Oct 20, 2011
indulge me, you in an IV league school? or? what's ya backgroundd? You have bragging rights, so go for it!

(1) (Reply)

America Needs Nigeria More Than Nigeria needs America. (T/F) / Corruption Incorporated: A Peep Inside Farida Waziri’s Efcc (1) / Pdp "wins" Kogi Guber Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.