Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,905 members, 7,942,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

DIY Guide: How To Roast Plantains At Home In 2 Different Methods - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / DIY Guide: How To Roast Plantains At Home In 2 Different Methods (368 Views)

The plantains I bought #1000 and how I prepared it. / The 11 Pieces Of Ripe Plantains I Bought #500 / EndSARS: Ijebu-Ode Protesters Kill Cow, Roast It At Protest Ground (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

DIY Guide: How To Roast Plantains At Home In 2 Different Methods by Daxclusivecom: 10:37am On Sep 28, 2023
Here are two techniques you can follow: Oven Roasting and Stovetop Roasting.

1. Oven Roasting (Baked Plantains):

Ingredients:

Ripe plantains
Cooking oil (optional)
Instructions:

Begin by preheating your oven.
Peel the ripe plantains and cut them into diagonal slices or chunks.
If desired, you can lightly brush the plantain slices with a small amount of cooking oil to help them brown in the oven.
Arrange the plantain slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, ensuring they are in a single layer.
Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes. Remember to flip the slices halfway through the baking process. You’ll know they’re ready when they become tender and acquire a golden brown color.
Once done, take the baked plantains out of the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.

2. Stovetop Roasting (Stove Method):

Ingredients:

Ripe plantains
Instructions:

Keep the plantains unpeeled and make a shallow lengthwise slit on each one.
Place the unpeeled plantains directly onto the grates of a stovetop burner set to medium-low heat.
Roast the plantains, turning them occasionally with tongs. Continue roasting until the skins become entirely blackened, and the flesh inside becomes soft and caramelized. This typically takes about 15-20 minutes.
Remove the roasted plantains from the heat and allow them to cool for a few minutes.
Peel off the blackened skins to reveal the sweet, roasted plantain flesh.
Each of these methods offers a distinct texture and flavor for roasted ripe plantains, enabling you to select the one that best suits your taste preferences and kitchen setup.

Enjoy them with some groundnuts on the side!

FOR MORE: https://daxclusive.com

(1) (Reply)

See The African Pear(ube) I Bought Pics / Cheap Original Brand New Electronics Under #100k / The Monday Motivation You Need

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.