Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,247 members, 7,880,923 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:19 AM

The Faith Of Our Fathers: Part 3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Faith Of Our Fathers: Part 3 (72 Views)

'Kumuyi: Defender of the Faith' - Adeboye, Authors Extol Kumuyi In New Book / 2 Thessalonians 2:3 Pretribulation Rapture Departure Or Apostasy From The Faith? / "The Faith Of Abraham" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Faith Of Our Fathers: Part 3 by AbundantLife05: 6:16am On Oct 01, 2023
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION
The Faith of our Fathers: Part 3
Joshua

Good morning dear friends and I welcome you to another teaching in our series, the faith of our fathers. Today, we will discuss the faith of Joshua. Faith is an important element that is spiritually sponsored. Paul in 1 Corinthians 12:9 listed faith as one of the gifts of the Spirit. This tells us that faith is something that God can help us with if we are not fully strong in it. Joshua was not always strong in faith, he walked with God to the point in which he became a strong man of faith.
In Numbers 13, the Bible tells the story of how God instructed Moses to send out spies to explore Canaan land. Numbers 13: 1-24. Afterwards, the twelve spies returned and reported to Moses, Aaron, and the entire Israel community. At the first instance, it was only Caleb that reported that the nation of Israel could defeat the inhabitants of the land. Joshua did not say anything while Caleb spoke and while the other ten spies reported that they could not defeat the people living in Canaan.

However, by the time the topic became a big issue, Joshua arose alongside Caleb to tell the people that they could win the war. Numbers 14:6-9: Two of the men who had explored the land, Joshua son of Nun and Caleb son of Jephunneh, tore their clothing. [7]They said to all the people of Israel, “The land we traveled through and explored is a wonderful land! [8]And if the lord is pleased with us, he will bring us safely into that land and give it to us. It is a rich land flowing with milk and honey. [9]Do not rebel against the lord, and don’t be afraid of the people of the land. They are only helpless prey to us! They have no protection, but the lord is with us! Don’t be afraid of them!” NLT. Also, by the time Moses went to meet with the Lord, it took a message the Lord to set Joshua going. In the message, God addressed his fear, he urged him to be strong and courageous. Joshua 1:1-9: After the death of Moses the lord’s servant, the lord spoke to Joshua son of Nun, Moses’ assistant. He said, [2]“Moses my servant is dead. Therefore, the time has come for you to lead these people, the Israelites, across the Jordan River into the land I am giving them. [3]I promise you what I promised Moses: ‘Wherever you set foot, you will be on land I have given you— [4]from the Negev wilderness in the south to the Lebanon mountains in the north, from the Euphrates River in the east to the Mediterranean Sea in the west, including all the land of the Hittites.’ [5]No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you. [6]“Be strong and courageous, for you are the one who will lead these people to possess all the land I swore to their ancestors I would give them. [7]Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the instructions Moses gave you. Do not deviate from them, turning either to the right or to the left. Then you will be successful in everything you do. [8]Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. [9]This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the lord your God is with you wherever you go.” NLT.

One would say that Joshua and Moses are the same because God had to convince the two of them. However, there is a difference, the time God spoke to Moses, the nation of Israel had lost touch with God. Therefore, God introduced himself to himself the God if Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob because as at that time there was no one who had walked with him in the nation of Israel. Thus, he introduced himself as the God of his ancestors for proper understanding. By the time of Joshua, God had done many mighty things through Moses and Joshua did not need extra introduction from God. It was quite surprising that Joshua waited to start leading the nation of Israel when God was already counting on him to begin the journey.

There are two lessons from the story of Joshua, God can boost our faith no matter the level it is and he does mighty things through those who are originally weak in faith. All that is required of us is to walk with him in total obedience. The moment God spoke to Joshua, he went to work immediately and the victories he got in battle, the coming down of the walls of Jericho, and the sun standing still are results of what God can do with whoever is in obedience in God.
I pray that we will learn to obey God as turns is into mighty generals in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Outside Of Yourself / Daily Prophetic Blessings (episode 187) Heb.10:30 -SOLUTION ENCOUNTERS / Encounter With God Of Solution Via Praise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.