Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,942 members, 7,949,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed (1848 Views)

Am Going To Lose My Life This Hardship Is Killing Me / N-power Batch C: How To Complete The Biometrics Without Going Through NASIMS / I Stay In Ph, A Graduate, Pls I Need A Job, I Am Going Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by NorthernAgender: 12:12pm On Oct 01, 2023
Very bad advice the day that op realized that those guys that interview him are just ordinary mortals like him that's the day he will overcome all this Anxiety. Also eyes ball to eyes ball is the best way to defeat Anxiety.
slimjohn2k5:
When u get there, look at their ears, head and clothes to respond to their questions. Avoid their eyes. You may even see them again and don't know who they are.

Maybe also because u hv small money. When get broke and hungry, na food u go dey see as u dey answer their questions
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by id4sho(m): 12:33pm On Oct 01, 2023
Chicken in disguise
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Clinghton: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2023
Am sure there are videos on YouTube that can help, apart from that work on your physique, be proud of whom you're, see yourself as the best, look yourself in the mirror and speak positive things about yourself, smile and greet people on the way.

Walk into that interview room like you were sent by God.

*avoid any substance that can induce courage you might become addicted.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Clinghton: 1:04pm On Oct 01, 2023
Am sure there are videos on YouTube that can help, apart from that work on your physique, tell yourself you can make it, look yourself in the mirror and speak positive things about yourself, smile and greet people on the street.

Walk into that interview room like you were sent by God

*Avoid any courage induced substance, it might be addictive
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Adewale1603(m): 1:07pm On Oct 01, 2023
You have a smartphone, you have the internet, the answers are all there on the internet, there's nothing you seek, that you won't find on the internet. The solutions are there, you just have to search, you have to learn and get answers. And you have to improve on your self confidence. You have to be confident and improve on your self esteem. That's the way out. Don't go through the negative parts that will leads you to addiction and others negative outcomes
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by CJStarz: 2:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
Neither was I,but it got to a point I took a drastic decision to change my situation.
Drugs only increased my anxiety when the effects faded.
Get on your knees, alone in your room,and talk to God about it.....as you would to a father. Open up. Cry over it. Say it all out to Him. He hears us. Ask Him for enablement to overcome that spirit of shyness and anxiety. Rebuke whatever spirits behind that situation.Tell you a secret? God answers a simple but heart-felt prayer.
You shall testify

ChangedMan1999:

This is me
. Bro, please how can I cure this anxiety.

I am not religious

1 Like

Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Caleb15(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2023
Inside that 15k send 2k to faith umeh, cause seriously you don't need it.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by soundOsonic: 3:25pm On Oct 01, 2023
Danielben27:
Good morning and happy new month
I want to narrate the problem I am facing presently to you guys. I believe I will be able to get good response here.
I am 28years old. I finished school year. And from then till now I am not working not that I don't want to work o or work isn't coming but I have problem passing the interviews. I am so shy and timid that I won't be able to answer questions. The last interview in abuja, a job that could pay me up to 150k I messed it up. They asked me questions that I knew the answers to but I was so afraid to speak. I couldn't even look the man and two women in their face. I just sat there mopping at the ground,sweating uncontrollably. My hearts pounding. They were even encouraging me to speak up, they gave me time to talk but I said nothing. Even when I tried to speak my voice was just shaking. I could have easily gotten the job but that one went
Last month,I went for an interview. Job of 75k. I messed it up. The man even told me to come the next day for the job that he understands my fear but I didn't go because I felt I won't be able to attend to customers well.
My social life is zero, I have no friends, I have nobody I can relate with. Like this I have been managing the little money I have and what is left is 15k. If this money finishes without me getting a job I am doomed bcus nobody to call.
Why I am bringing this here is so that someone can help me out. I saw a doctor and he said it is anxiety disorder. He gave me drugs I took around march but nothing worked. I was just spending unnecessary, when he even prescribed another drug that one just made me hungry every time.
Back then in school I heard people use weed to be more social but never tried it. I thought it was bad and not good for the health. But now I can do anything to come out of this. The only situation better than this my situation now is death.
Please I need advise on how I can get weed, dosage. Is there any other way to use apart from smoking. Where can I get quality weed. Like how much will I spend on it in a month( I am short on money now ).
I have an interview on Wednesday so I will appreciate if more people drop their advice. God bless you.
Anxiety?
See eh, have the mindset that you are not going to pass it and just say anything you want to say.
Don't look at their face look above their head.
This has nothing to do with social life walai.
I used to be like that, my own be say I say nonsense.
Read what you want to say from your head.
You will be fine
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by DaleMcWayne: 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2023
Hi DanielBen,

what you have described is not peculiar to you.

Lack of self-confidence, stage fright, etc can VERY easily be overcome. How?

The easiest and fastest way to overcome EVERYTHING you have described is to get involved in activities that essentially force you to interact with others and to speak before an audience.

For example:

1. Join a book reading club.
2. Join a group in church like the Sunday School teachers, the choir, the evangelism/outreach group etc.
3. Actively participate during Bible reading or Sunday School sessions in church.
4. Attend and participate actively in your neighbourhood, Estate or town meetings.
5. Make a habit of reading slowly (while standing in front of a mirror) for at least 30 minutes everyday.
6. Any other activity that forces you to speak to other people.

By applying this methodology, I've had very shy teenagers in my church who have now turned into confident motivational speakers.

Best of luck!
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by samuelson06(m): 3:52pm On Oct 01, 2023
You were talking well, suddenly, you started talking about death and weed. Feel free to do any of that rubb!sh if you think they'll work for you.

A little challenge you are facing, you are already talking about committing suidicde or smoking weed? Who gave birth to you? What sort of fool!sh talk is that? What happens to exposing yourself to knowledge?

You talk as though you knew what they asked in the interview when you never knew. At least you were not sure of the answer. If you were, you'll talk. Stop telling me that sh!t about being afraid. Even without money, you still talk to girls to sleep with them, but when it comes to interview, you say you are timid. Just say you don't have answers to the question.

Hunger never do you bro. When it hits you well, you'll prepare well for interview.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by kwaso2(m): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2023
Danielben27:
I want to narrate the problem I am facing presently to you guys. I believe I will be able to get good response here.
I am 28years old. I finished school year. And from then till now I am not working not that I don't want to work o or work isn't coming but I have problem passing the interviews. I am so shy and timid that I won't be able to answer questions. The last interview in abuja, a job that could pay me up to 150k I messed it up. They asked me questions that I knew the answers to but I was so afraid to speak. I couldn't even look the man and two women in their face. I just sat there mopping at the ground,sweating uncontrollably. My hearts pounding. They were even encouraging me to speak up, they gave me time to talk but I said nothing. Even when I tried to speak my voice was just shaking. I could have easily gotten the job but that one went
Last month,I went for an interview. Job of 75k. I messed it up. The man even told me to come the next day for the job that he understands my fear but I didn't go because I felt I won't be able to attend to customers well.
My social life is zero, I have no friends, I have nobody I can relate with. Like this I have been managing the little money I have and what is left is 15k. If this money finishes without me getting a job I am doomed bcus nobody to call.
Why I am bringing this here is so that someone can help me out. I saw a doctor and he said it is anxiety disorder. He gave me drugs I took around march but nothing worked. I was just spending unnecessary, when he even prescribed another drug that one just made me hungry every time.
Back then in school I heard people use weed to be more social but never tried it. I thought it was bad and not good for the health. But now I can do anything to come out of this. The only situation better than this my situation now is death.
Please I need advise on how I can get weed, dosage. Is there any other way to use apart from smoking. Where can I get quality weed. Like how much will I spend on it in a month( I am short on money now ).
I have an interview on Wednesday so I will appreciate if more people drop their advice. God bless you.

It's well with you. Which town do you stay. I can be your friend to upgrade your morale. You need it for every thing even after securing a job
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by samwash(m): 4:49pm On Oct 01, 2023
Just tell us say you wan learn how to smoke weed.
You wan tell me say na only u ur parents born, nobody to relate to for the family
You nor stay hostel or compound when pple dey for school.
You nor dey go church or mosque, you nor join any group for your religion house.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by DeleyeDavid(m): 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2023
Danielben27:
You need to read this book

INTERVIEW 101. It shows 101 interview questions to be asked in your next interviews, and the smartest answers to impress the interviewer 💯/💯

Buy for N1,000 using the link
👇👇
https://shop.creathor.africa/p/z14nswm5hoelw7l

Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Albinoflash(m): 7:16pm On Oct 01, 2023
ote author=Danielben27 post=126119899]Good morning and happy new month
I have an interview on Wednesday so I will appreciate if more people drop their advice. God bless you.[/quote]I had similar issues but with time it's no longer an issue cos I now have more bigger issues that that,from your write up it seems u are dependent,like parents or siblings assisted cos if u stay alone u would have devices means to get rid of it.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by benzion72(m): 8:09pm On Oct 01, 2023
Download Public speaking by Dale Carnegie read it over and over again. Also you can join Toast master in your area.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Blake755: 8:53pm On Oct 01, 2023
Lol brother nothing do you just try make friends
No use weed oo cuz u will regret it
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Tohsynetita1: 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2023
Danielben27:

Dm
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by LandMann: 3:27am On Oct 02, 2023
Danielben27:

Poverty and hunger has a way of resetting people's brain and attitude towards others. Wait till the 15k finish. Nobody will tell you what to say or preach to you why you need to leave your timidity in your village and face life. The fact that you can tell that you have such a problem is testament to another fact that you're just waiting for the right kick on the ass to run away from your problem. Just wait until the 15k is exhausted.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Evolutionism: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2023
This remind me of my childhood when things got shitty.

I was somehow forced to face the world and engage in trading of goods. I wasn't familiar with the type of scenario. My shyness no be here. But i managed the situation throughout the period and things eventually got better.

As i was growing into adulthood, i started engaging in self-discovery and doing independent research on life generally plus coupled with some deadly shiiits i went through in life. This moulded me into the little god i am today.

Today will gladly and aggressively look into Joe Biden's face without blinking an eye when having conversation with him. If i can look straight into the eyes of terrestrial beings and not flinch. Who are humans then.

Fvck human beings.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Aavassist: 8:18am On Oct 02, 2023
I am not sure if this might help but.

Based on your story , your anxiety affects three main things, your ability to speak, your ability to think, and your ability to present yourself. With anxiety medications can work or make it worse because you aren't sure I'd rather you skip all them say recipe.

The problem is that you can't compose yourself enough in public, it's not fear it's not about practicing ahead of time, it's just an inability to function in a social setting. My worry is that if you over push it you might end up getting anxiety attacks and if you start getting them then we are at a whole new level.

Here's my advice

Try meditation, before and during the interview. Yes do hum, hum like Chinese people. Meditation has worked for multiple people, it's a solution that has zero side effect. But you need to practice it before hand. At home learn to meditate, sit up, do multiple breathing exercises, keep telling yourself to calm down. If you like you can download some free meditation guides online or use YouTube. Practice it at home and then do short sessions during the interview.

Next, I learned this from my godfather, Chanel your anxiety to something else during an interview or public speaking. Get a pen with an eject pull, tap your fingers, roll a small stress ball, tap your foot, etc. Choose something to move all your attention to. It helped me and Ive seen it help others. If you aren't concentrating on the anxiety then you can move further.

Pep talks work. Everyday, every time, tell yourself you can do it. Your goal is to mentally reshape your mind. If you keep saying it, your subconscious will believe it.

It might be wise that at this point in your life until you grow out of this anxiety, you get jobs that have low to zero client facing role. But another step you can take is to have a file of answers ready or mini place cards you can refer to when answering questions. It might help you ease the need to think up answers from scratch.

But I think your major problem is an inability to just calm down. And the best way to stay calm is to do breathing exercises. Constantly practice it. Calm yourself through breathing. It works.

Finally and most importantly you need to pray. I've battled anxiety in my own way, maybe not this extreme but a useful solution was to constantly pray about it. It's not a today remedy by it works too.

I the end don't do drugs cause you'll get addicted to it and soon you'll require a higher dosage to achieve the same result. And we all know where that'll end. Instead consider ways to manually calm down or move your anxiety to something else.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by ChangedMan1999(m): 11:51am On Oct 02, 2023
CJStarz:
Neither was I,but it got to a point I took a drastic decision to change my situation.
Drugs only increased my anxiety when the effects faded.
Get on your knees, alone in your room,and talk to God about it.....as you would to a father. Open up. Cry over it. Say it all out to Him. He hears us. Ask Him for enablement to overcome that spirit of shyness and anxiety. Rebuke whatever spirits behind that situation.Tell you a secret? God answers a simple but heart-felt prayer.
You shall testify

Thank you very much

I appreciate this

1 Like

Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by captaininiobong(m): 2:03pm On Oct 02, 2023
Danielben27:

You kill of anxiety disorder, you will need to start association with people.
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by captaininiobong(m): 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2023
Danielben27:

You kill of anxiety disorder, you will need to start association with people. Avoid smoking or getting into drugs. It use to be hard to stop and sometimes until it's hurts you bad to leave an experience of mark you can't stop it.
Let chat on +2348121808762
Re: What I Am Going Through Now.. Advice Needed by Konjidam: 11:04am On Nov 01, 2023
FahBuLous:
Have u heard of molly?

Pls tell me about it... Although I've heard little about it. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looking For An Accounting Intership. (help Your Fellow Nigerians) / Ericsson Excellerate Global Management Program / I Passed Fcmb Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.