Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,235 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:48 AM

Opinion: Is Nigeria An Independent Nation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Opinion: Is Nigeria An Independent Nation (109 Views)

This Is A New Nigeria, An Alliance Of North And South-West - Femi Fani-Kayode / The First Man To Propose A Modern Independent Nation Of Igbos In 1865 / Opinion : Is This The State With The Most Successful Indigenes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Is Nigeria An Independent Nation by spiSeyi: 2:21pm On Oct 01, 2023
I am a tech guy and from what I have seen in the industry, tech is enough to make Nigeria self-sufficient because we have the talents. And I still wonder why we still depend on other nations for a means of survival for technology, petroleum products, health, and education.
What is wrong with us is that both the government and the citizens have failed woefully in building this blessed nation. Nigeria is more blessed than China, India, and Singapore we should not be the ones to jakpa it is other nations that should be running down to us because we have all the needed resources (cobalt for building microchips, lithium for building batteries, petroleum products for building plastics, and massive talents) : -[

1 Our brothers from the East build different types of hardware devices in Aba even though they lack modern technology like PCB printers, they were able to develop some hardware like (USB chargers, computer mice, keyboards, power banks, etc)
2 The Yorubas and Niger deltas are very good in software programming.
3 The northerners are also good in electronics recently some of them have started making electric vehicle prototypes.
The few things I listed here are enough to make a serious nation thrive without the need for oil money, Switzerland, Singapore, and Japan are doing well because they created the atmosphere for technology. Nigerians are hardworking and very innovative, we don't need much from the government all we need is Tech Village which is equipped with stable electricity, stable internet, and PCB printers for building electronic boards and microchips in all the six geopolitical zones. I bet that Nigeria will become the China of Africa within a few months, we can do it.
Finally, on this, the government should stop most tech companies from using foreign tech gurus because these guys are paid in USD and that is one of the reasons why our currency is falling to the USD. I worked in a tech company owned by a Yoruba man and I am a Yoruba boy but my boss prefers to hire the services of foreign guys, the funniest 😄 thing is that these Indian guys are no better than a qualified Nigeria tech guy, and most times I will be the one to correct their technical glitch while they are paid in thousands of Naira and I will be paid in a few thousands of Naira
I observed that we are more divided as a nation and we are not truly independent at @63.
I want to use this opportunity to appeal to all tribal warriors on Nland, let's shun tribalism, let's embrace love, and let's remember that crime has no tribe neither do any of our politicians care about us, all they do is for themselves and bring tribal sentiment to tears us apart.
God bless Igbo
God bless Hausa
God bless Yoruba.
God bless Niger Delta.
Let's love ❤️ lead, when we love each other as bro & sis we will defeat our enemies the greedy politicians. One love to my Nigerian brothers and sisters

(1) (Reply)

Senator Gbenga Daniel Talks Mental Health On World Mental Health Day / Why Do People Rejoice And Feel Happy Whenever Other Countries Are At War / The Chatter Of Equity Cum- Marginalization Of Ndi Igbo A Case Study For Politica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.