Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta (9478 Views)

Several People Feared Dead As Tanker Explodes In Benue / Accident On Nsukka-Obollo Road, Enugu: Five Dead, Two Injured / Five Dead, Nine Critically Injured On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by mejetov422: 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2023
Horrible death.

Roasted like Thanksgiving goat..

But the truth is more than 20persons were killed by the fire, so why are you reporting only 5.

I know people are blaming those even instead of us to channel our energy to the bad leadership for failing to do that road.

That road is one of the worst road ever in this country. More tragedy will still occur if they refuse to redo the road.
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by Hezzyluv: 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
ecolime:
“The fire claimed the lives of five persons among the youths who had come to scoop fuel,” Edafe said.

Funny enough, if another tanker falls in the same location one month from now, they will still go and scoop fuel. We Nigerians are very stubborn.

I've been reading news like this since I was a boy.

The scooping of fuel from a fallen tanker in this country can never stop. Some months from now is too far... sef. let another tanker fall today in that same area, some persons will still go and scoop the spilled fuel. Our own stubbornness is of another planet. I remember when I was still a boy (ignorant )🤷‍♂️, similar thing happened l and my siblings where among the people scooping fuel. Till today, if I remember that incidence, I keep thanking God we escaped it.

3 Likes

Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by SeriouslySense(m): 12:50pm On Oct 02, 2023
At least today you understand and you will advise others not to do such things, many people are desperate. smiley

Hezzyluv:

The scooping of fuel from a fallen tanker in this country can never stop. Some months from now is too far... sef. let another tanker fall today in that same area, some persons will still go and scoop the spilled fuel. Our own stubbornness is of another planet. I remember when I was still a boy (ignorant )🤷‍♂️, similar thing happened l and my siblings where among the people scooping fuel. Till today, if I remember that incidence, I keep thanking God we escaped it.
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by Ibrahim3307(m): 12:51pm On Oct 02, 2023
The first report I read stated more than 20 people died, may their soul rest in peace.
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by virginchaser(m): 1:02pm On Oct 02, 2023
Police reportee failed to describe road condition that possibly led to the fuel tanker accident. FG ought to be sued.

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by Free2Fly: 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2023
Loveth160:

https://.ng/2023/10/02/police-confirm-five-dead-as-tanker-explodes-in-delta/

Scooping petrol from a fallen tanker??
Nigerians never learn and that's very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by AwokenVawulence: 1:13pm On Oct 02, 2023
This is bad why would you risk your life like that

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by egbedox: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2023
Dazzeref:
More than 5

TVC News reported 20

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by pocom16: 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2023
Stop scoping fuel!! from a fallen tanker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKfJULWC02E
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by HealthKelvin: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
I don’t know what the media aims to achieve with this spread of lies.
The tanker fell on a road and some people were there helping out with traffic and filling the side of the road.
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by gnaira(m): 1:59pm On Oct 02, 2023
Passionate888:
People said more than 20 while olopa dey say 5

What were you expecting from Nigerian Police report? grin
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by ufotunang: 2:16pm On Oct 02, 2023
Bad road and overspending, reckless driving of the tanker driver causing it

1 Like

Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by jamesversion: 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
Abeg make una no vex, Tanker dey fall for America? lipsrsealed
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by onajo2000(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
It will be more than 5 death.... Nigeria police
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by simfrost90210: 7:01pm On Oct 02, 2023
Sirmwill:
People still came to scoop fuel and died

Sometimes, i wonder if we're a set of brain damaged people in Nigeria that the same thing we know that killed many other people in other locations is what we will give ourselves, to allow that same thing kill us... It's just ridiculous!!!

RIP 2d deceased!
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by Ochies: 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2023
Very sad, rip to the deady
Re: Police Confirm Five Dead As Tanker Explodes In Delta by NaMe4: 1:44am On Oct 03, 2023
Passionate888:
People said more than 20 while olopa dey say 5

From eye witness accounts, way more than 20. And a lot more sustained injuries of varying degrees.

The terrible state of the road caused the accident and loss of lives as other commuters were affected.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Nigerian Studying In Austria / What Transport Company (in Benin City) Can One Use To Get To Ado-Ekiti? / Nigeria Is A Failed Miserable Country

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.