Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,799 members, 7,886,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 11:20 PM

What Expectations Are Considered "Attractive" But Men Actually Hate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Expectations Are Considered "Attractive" But Men Actually Hate? (212 Views)

What Is One Thing Women Think Men Like But They Actually Hate? / "We Need Marriage But Men Are Scared To Come"... Pretty Lawyer / How Many Men ACTUALLY Enjoy Doing This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Expectations Are Considered "Attractive" But Men Actually Hate? by DyshApp: 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2023
Despite hoarding a majority of the world's privileges, the menfolk are struggling, and they're down bad.

A while back, Redditor u/springheeledjack69 asked the question, "What are things that are considered 'attractive' in men that you just don't want to live up to?" and the answers really took me by surprise because the woes range from being able to dance to being the breadwinner.
Here are some of the best responses:

1. "Many women find high ambition and successful careers attractive. I make decent money, and if I wanted to, I could make enough to get in that top 5–10%, but I know what that would require, and I don't really care about 'stuff.'"
—u/Hannibal_Barca_

2. "Always initiating or just being dominant, not just in sex but everything outside of it also. I’d just like to be taken care of, even if only once in a blue moon."
—u/manwithoutajetpack

3. "This idea of being a super traditional man in a world that is no longer traditional. Being told to ‘man up’ and ‘be a good man’ (about; 'Where have all the good men gone?'). I want to live my life my way without societal pressures."
u/Aussielefty

4. "Expecting me to pay for dates that could be expensive when there's no guarantee I'll ever even see them again. There are so many flakes and fakes out there. Another attractive quality in men, I believe, is standing up for yourself and possibly others, like being the protector. I'm happy to oblige in this role. Being taken for a ride for my money contradicts this. And if you expect equality, you should demonstrate it yourself by paying for your own stuff."
u/RisingFromNada

5. "Being the provider. I've been receiving the same spiel since I was 5, and it's never been appealing. I have no problem with a woman who wants to be a full-time housewife, but I have no interest whatsoever in being with that woman. I'm too self-sufficient and detail-oriented to sign up for that and remain happy in that relationship."
u/festival-Papi

6. "I hate chasing. I fucking hate it. It makes me feel undesired."
—u/King_James_77

7. "Being a good dancer. I know women love it, but the music just doesn't move me like that."
—u/IHavePoopedBefore

8. "Being the aggressive pursuer who's only after one thing. Every time I've put on the act and done it, it's worked and has gotten me relationships and sex, but it's not me, and I hate doing it."
—u/FrodoCraggins

9. "I can't be asked to dress stylishly. I just don't care about clothing/fashion at all. I have zero desire to 'express myself' through clothing. I just dress so I don't look like a complete idiot/slob, and that's about it. That's as much as I can muster."
u/huuaaang

10. "Wearing a suit. I feel like it might as well just be a sandwich board with 'I can afford to throw away half a grand on clothes I only wear once a month' written on it. And the board would probably be more comfortable."
—u/Poorly-Drawn-Beagle

More best Reddit compilation for relationships available in our Relationship Lounge, join the club today let's talk about Relationship

What Expectations are considered attractive but you hate?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Dilemma / What should An Avery Man Archieve Before Considering Marriage / Over The Last Few Weeks Omo All The Girls Have Been Talking To Just Day Reject

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.