Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,773 members, 7,915,163 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 05:32 PM

''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? (315 Views)

Will The Old New National Anthem Affect The National Pledge? / Felicia Adebola Adedoyin Is Dead (Author Of Nigeria’s National Pledge Dies) / Shekau Reads Boko Haram Ideology, Recites Nigeria’s National Pledge In New Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Rostikol: 9:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
I Pledge To Nigeria My Country

To be faithful, loyal and honest

To serve Nigeria with all my strength

To defend her unity, and uphold her honour and glory

So help me God undecided

1 Like

Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Rostikol: 9:47pm On Oct 07, 2023
Obidients, can you make this pledge with a straight face?

2 Likes

Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by yarimo(m): 10:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
Rostikol:

So help me God undecided
illiterate Obidients and IPOB terrorists reading your comment right now

4 Likes

Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Rostikol: 10:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
yarimo:
illiterate Obidients and IPOB terrorists reading your comment right now

hehehehe grin grin

I wonder if they actually know the National Pledge. cool
Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Rostikol: 10:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
Or they might be better at reciting the IPOB version of the National Pledge:

I pledge to Nigeria my zoo

To be hateful, angry, and frustrated

To hate Nigeria with all my strength

To oppose her unity

And abuse her honour and glory

So help me Satan
Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Rostikol: 12:32am On Oct 08, 2023

1 Like

Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by socialmediaman: 12:38am On Oct 08, 2023
Rostikol:

So help me God undecided

Oh, it didn’t say I pledge to Tinubu? Some people must have a different version of the pledge

Also it seems obidients are not being faithful by participating in the election and going to court?

Explain more grin

2 Likes

Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by gidgiddy: 12:57am On Oct 08, 2023
Rostikol:

So help me God undecided

You mean the country "Nigeria" Frederick Lugard created?

The name "Nigeria", Lugards wife created?

Without Lugard and his wife, you would be a "nobody"?

Sorry bro, Im not yet suffering from colonial mentality

I want a referendum to create my own country and name, rather than the one British Lugard and wife created for me that has since proved to be a disaster

1 Like

Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Ohislee(m): 1:03am On Oct 08, 2023
Loyal to Nigeria? Yes

Loyal to criminals that rig elections, forge certificates and capture the judiciary to bastardized our constitution? No.
Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Rostikol: 1:10am On Oct 08, 2023
gidgiddy:

You mean the country "Nigeria" Frederick Lugard created?

The name "Nigeria", Lugards wife created?

Without Lugard and his wife, you would be a "nobody"?

Sorry bro, Im not yet suffering from colonial mentality

I want a referendum to create my own country and name, rather than the one British Lugard and wife created for me that has since proved to be a disaster

Abeg go and sit down.

Without Nigeria, especially INDEPENDENT Nigeria, would you even be literate?

You'd be a fcking village palmwine tapper.

At independence, literacy rate was 5% after a century of British looting domination, but has increased to roughly 75% today courtesy of black govts' investment in mass public education. That's what educated your parents, who subsequently oversaw YOUR education.

Without that trajectory of events, from the 1960s onwards, you'd have been an illiterate village peasant like your colonially subjugated forbears.

The reason you are who you are today - literate, educated, exposed, aware, and knowledgeable about the meaning (and spelling) of ''referendum'' - is MODERN INDEPENDENT NIGERIA and the PROGRESSIVE POLICIES OF NIGERIAN LEADERS in the POST-INDEPENDENCE PERIOD.

NO OTHER REASON

Without it, you'd have been a village hunter, subsistence farmer, or labourer. Illiterate as a rock.

Get that fact into your thick skull, Mr ''Nigeria Disaster''.
Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Ohislee(m): 1:56am On Oct 08, 2023
Agbado people are now remembering the national pledge because their lord and master's name is being soiled internationally not really because of Nigeria.

Let me remind you;

Collecting money from politicians to aid them rig elections is a disloyalty to country.

Supporting election riggers is a disloyalty to country.

Buying and selling of votes is a disloyalty to country.

Employing thugs to rig elections is a disloyalty to country.

Compromising electioneering process because of money like INEC is a disloyalty to country.

Can you say to yourself that you have not been disloyal to Nigeria
Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Rostikol: 3:54am On Oct 08, 2023
Ohislee:
Agbado people are now remembering the national pledge because their lord and master's name is being soiled internationally not really because of Nigeria.

Let me remind you;

Collecting money from politicians to aid them rig elections is a disloyalty to country.

Supporting election riggers is a disloyalty to country.

Buying and selling of votes is a disloyalty to country.

Employing thugs to rig elections is a disloyalty to country.

Compromising electioneering process because of money like INEC is a disloyalty to country.

Can you say to yourself that you have not been disloyal to Nigeria

Nonsense.

By your criteria, every single wrongdoing can constitute ''disloyalty to Nigeria''.

Saying the pledge doesn't mean you are claiming to be a saint.

It just means expressing loyalty to Nigeria, as a NIGERIAN CITIZEN, something you seem very reluctant to do, hence your long epistle about election rigging and other nonsense. As if your own side never ever rigs anything. You're saints from heaven.
Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Ohislee(m): 5:59am On Oct 08, 2023
Rostikol:

Nonsense.

By your criteria, every single wrongdoing can constitute ''disloyalty to Nigeria''.

Saying the pledge doesn't mean you are claiming to be a saint.

It just means expressing loyalty to Nigeria, as a NIGERIAN CITIZEN, something you seem very reluctant to do, hence your long epistle about election rigging and other nonsense. As if your own side never ever rigs anything. You're saints from heaven.

You cannot link aidding politicians to rig elections to disloyalty to your nation, because progressive nations that's how they rig elections.

How many nations have you seen progress with election rigging.

I work in an embassy and I see how the citizens of this nation safe guard the votes of diaspora voters. That's loyalty to country.

That's a progressive nation.
Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by Chibuzoc(m): 7:34am On Oct 08, 2023
Rostikol:

Abeg go and sit down.

Without Nigeria, especially INDEPENDENT Nigeria, would you even be literate?

You'd be a fcking village palmwine tapper.

At independence, literacy rate was 5% after a century of British looting domination, but has increased to roughly 75% today courtesy of black govts' investment in mass public education. That's what educated your parents, who subsequently oversaw YOUR education.

Without that trajectory of events, from the 1960s onwards, you'd have been an illiterate village peasant like your colonially subjugated forbears.

The reason you are who you are today - literate, educated, exposed, aware, and knowledgeable about the meaning (and spelling) of ''referendum'' - is MODERN INDEPENDENT NIGERIA and the PROGRESSIVE POLICIES OF NIGERIAN LEADERS in the POST-INDEPENDENCE PERIOD.

NO OTHER REASON

Without it, you'd have been a village hunter, subsistence farmer, or labourer. Illiterate as a rock.

Get that fact into your thick skull, Mr ''Nigeria Disaster''.

Well spoken like an animal from the zoo, yes you were an animal before luggard made u a human being
Re: ''I Pledge To Nigeria My Country'' - Obidients, Do You Know The National Pledge? by NOwazobia: 9:00am On Oct 08, 2023
Rostikol:

So help me God undecided
I don't think anyone who witness the last election can make the pledge with a straight face.

Not the IGBOs, not the Yorubas, not the Hausas/Fulanis, and not the minorities.

Only a dishonest, harden criminal can make the pledge with a straight face.

Activities (actions and inactions) of governments and citizens have factually shown that no one pledge to Nigeria, but to their region and religion.

OP, drop the hypocrisy and focus on fixing your life, why I do same to mine if we must be honest.

(1) (Reply)

Lawmakers’ Suvs And Tinubu’s Hotel Bill / Who Don Collect Cash Palliatives And Wage Award? / FULL LIST: 19 Unions Shut Workspaces, Join NLC Nationwide Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.