Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,831 members, 7,930,864 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 10:30 AM

Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? (29416 Views)

Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / Someone Who Hits A Man's Car In His Absence Leaves His Phone Number / 19-Year-Old Girl Flaunts Her Third Car In Two Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Ashirioluwa: 11:35am On Oct 09, 2023
Carmanbiz:

Why do you think insurance is dead?

Go find out from those who insured their cars but the cars later got stolen or involved in accidents.

Most Nigerians insured their vehicles under 3rd party insurance protection because this is very cheap, but most of us failed to read the fine print.

If your car is insured under 3rd party insurance, then you can't file a claim if your car is involved in an accident or gets stolen, but if the accident happened because of your fault, then the insurance company will pay for damages done to the vehicle or property of the 3rd party you were involved in the accident with.

Comprehensive insurance is very expensive. This type of insurance pays for the loss or damage to your car, whether you are at fault or not.

This is Naija; nothing works well in this country. Even with your comprehensive car insurance policy, you will still go through hell before you get your claims.

Most people pay for car insurance, but their cars are not insured because they are paying for fake insurance.

To avoid fake insurance, make sure you deal with a reputable insurance company. Look for the insurance company's website and find out ways to contact them.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by zedegit: 11:47am On Oct 09, 2023
Oluseglon:

I am just another knob head looking for attention.

Crawl back into your local hole. If you don't like sharing information. You have no business being on social media ozhou.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by fredodo007(m): 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
Atarakpa:
is a lie sir. Premium insurance work 100% in Nigeria. Last month I broke my rear light and all the expenses I get 100 per back from my insurance

So cool if you can tell us the name of the insurance company.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by gonkin(m): 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
Steering lock is nice if its a parked car.
Tracker is ok as well.
Kill switch is amazing.
I also got a temperature shutdown switch. Engine fans won't run and when it gets to high temperatures which always happens, the ecu gets cut off

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Atarakpa: 12:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
ecosystm:

Can you share me details of the premium insurance..am about to renew my papers?
I uses custodian. Walk in to any insurance company and tell them you want to do premium insurance not third party.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by optimusprime2(m): 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
My friend uses,
1-Steering lock
2- tire lock
3- vehicle immobiliser
4- Vehicle tracker
5- It's a BMW 540i so it has a start engine password

We have told him several times his car is unstealable, but he wants to install a live cam on the dashboard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by antibullshit: 12:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
In nigeria the permanent solution to protect your car from thieves is to stick with brands that are not popular like Ford, BMW ,Volvo and Audi.
These cars are as good as toyota or honda and in some ways even better so you won't miss anything but your car will be far less likely to be stolen . Car thieves go for cars that they can sell quickly or strip for parts that would also sell quickly . That is what discourages thieves from stealing certain cars. Im never afraid that my BMW will be stolen even if I leave it open . People admire it wherever I go but most of them won't buy it . That works for me.

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by antibullshit: 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
optimusprime2:
My friend uses,
1-Steering lock
2- tire lock
3- vehicle immobiliser
4- Vehicle tracker
5- It's a BMW 540i so it has a start engine password

We have told him several times his car is unstealable, but he wants to install a live cam on the dashboard.
Anyone who drives a Bmw in nigeria and bothers with all that is just being paranoid . Even if you leave it open no one will steal it because its underrated by nigerians which makes it hard to sell and bad market for thieves . Its different in countries where they appreciate Bmw like in South Africa for instance .

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Psoul(m): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
Atarakpa:
is a lie sir. Premium insurance work 100% in Nigeria. Last month I broke my rear light and all the expenses I get 100 per back from my insurance

First of all, what do u mean by Premium Insurance? There's is no class of insurance like Premium Insurance.

Secondly, what caused the damage to your rear light that insurance paid you back 100%?

Your comment need verification bro.

Well, insurance works well in this country for those that know about it.
Not that kind of insurance we do with vehicle papers just to avoid police harassment.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by ZaddyJ: 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
blackboy2star:
My brother, snap it and email them.. they will replace it, at worse they will come for inspection if they doubt you but they will replace it.

Someone quoted me now by saying third party doesn't cover me
@oluseglon said it
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Westerhoffe(m): 2:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
Basicend:

Bro, if you park your Toyota Corrolla or Camry muscle for some corners for Ikeja and Mushin overnight or some time in the day. . With steering lock, tracker, and even wheel lock. . all put together.

I can assure you that you won't see your car by time you get there in the morning. .

Danger Zones at that!
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Wizlead: 4:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
Oluseglon:

How did you arrived at this? I want to know the background story. I personally think you guys say things to just put the country in bad light for whatever reason. I was comprehensively insured in the same country and whenever I had issues, I followed due process and gets funded to either fix or replace stolen ride. I can attest to many friends, colleagues and the likes with same experience.

You seem to be an insurance agent
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by shadelek(m): 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
theophorus:
Insurance and Tracker.

But alas I never buy my First Car..
Me too but I think it's almost about time.
Our time too shall come very soon

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by flexyrule(m): 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2023
Wizlead:
To me I don't think there's anything like insurance in this country. Insurance is dead in Nigera.
See the audacity you used in displaying ignorance...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Chuknovski(m): 6:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
Put tracker ,then buy steering lock,but for a mercedes no need for lock
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by Care4: 8:31pm On Oct 09, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Steering lock and tracker.
Dem go comot all the better for the car, leave the shell for you.
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by danielistics(m): 9:44am On Oct 10, 2023
Carmanbiz:

I think steering lock is quite recommendable. What they do now is after moving your car, they drive it to somewhere and remove tyres and available part and dumb the car there.

Terrible souls in this country.
*Dump
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by professore(m): 2:24am On Oct 11, 2023
Alarm system and all of the above
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by blackboy2star(m): 7:18am On Oct 11, 2023
I'm just seeing your message. My brother I used third party to replace mine...

ZaddyJ:

Someone quoted me now by saying third party doesn't cover me
@oluseglon said it
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by ZaddyJ: 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2023
blackboy2star:
I'm just seeing your message. My brother I used third party to replace mine...

Okay thanks I will give it a trial
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by jamesversion: 5:06pm On Oct 13, 2023
blackboy2star:
Lies... I still used my third part insurance around May to replace my full light that broke...
It was even seamless, contact them through mail and was told to snap it to them and they came around with it and fix.
I had this your mindset before then but boom a colleague talk me through..

Which insuranc3 company was that?
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by sultaan(m): 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2023
why not buy cars that is not common to the thieves.

BMW,Audi ford chevy Genesis, Kia, Mitsubishi,Mazda.

Why do we love to do things the hard way
Re: Which Of These Would You Use To Protect Your Car In Today's World? by blackboy2star(m): 2:44pm On Oct 15, 2023
AXA Mansard

jamesversion:

Which insuranc3 company was that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Rare Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion Which Sells For N2.5billion / Nigerians Don't Know How To Use Headlights. / Which One Wins?: BENZ C Class Vs BMW 3 Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.