Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,864 members, 7,889,886 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:52 PM

Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) (73654 Views)

Before Vs Now: Mommy 60 Years In Nigeria Vs 4 Months In UK (video) / The Reality of Item Refund Policy... Nigeria Vs Abroad / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
It's not about being abroad, but it's more about how you dress and where you choose to take your pictures.

Any person will low finances can wear decent cheap clothes and go to the most affordable restaurant in town and take pictures similar to the ones in the second picture.

We see such people all the time, you'd think that the person is financially buoyant, only to find that he's staying in a one room house.
MegaBozz:
Checkout this four friends when they were hustling in Nigeria and when they were chilling aboard.

In this life, never give up.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Whatisurproblem(m): 5:26pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Optics

Nigerians would hustle up to 3 million Naira working comfortable jobs and Japa to work for Oyinbo and snap pics .. horrible jobs

Two friends (fiction)

Chinedu and Chuckwudi

Both guy served their masters as apprentice and started a business valued at 3 million, monthly profit of #300,000

Chinedu Japa to Malaysia thinking he would get a job without certificate after selling off his shop

Unfuntunately no Job except selling drugs.. which he sold and got caught

Chuckwudi continue with his business and opened many other shops , married and started a life,

get out here with your nonsense analysis, you never tell us the story of those kidnapped and pay ransom then render useless. If anyone have means to japa, do it as soon as possible

1 Like

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by iswallker(m): 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2023
MegaBozz:
Checkout this four friends when they were hustling in Nigeria and when they were chilling aboard.

I saw eight folks....
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by hardon1(m): 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
I don't know what any one will tell me o. All I know is that all the persons wey don jakpa to Europe or America wey I know are doing well and better than I am

My cousins in village who travelled, most of them have built house. Like They tell me; what they do there is not different from what that do here where you have a skill or certificate, it's exchange rate and better minimum wage system created by these foreign nation that helps them.

A friend of mine who sold his business centre and travelled to Ukraine last year September. He was job hunting for two months , got a job in December and suddenly the Ukraine Russian war broke and spoilt everything.

They were moved to Germany as refugees from Ukraine. While in camp in Germany, they were paid $400 (he sends stipends home from this amount)

The last time I chatted him. He is learning German language so he could take a short course on a skill
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by KingCold: 5:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
what's this Nigerian obsession with settling in other countries?

1 Like

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Moniya4Real(m): 5:55pm On Oct 09, 2023
African Magic

Bliss52:
cool

Optics

Nigerians would hustle up to 3 million Naira working comfortable jobs and Japa to work for Oyinbo and snap pics .. horrible jobs

Two friends (fiction)

Chinedu and Chuckwudi

Both guy served their masters as apprentice and started a business valued at 3 million, monthly profit of #300,000

Chinedu Japa to Malaysia thinking he would get a job without certificate after selling off his shop

Chuckwudi continue with his business and opened many other shops , married and started a life,

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by olaoyejunior3: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Optics

Two friends (fiction)

Chinedu and Chuckwudi

U said fiction...I have no comments
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by socialmediaman: 6:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Optics

Two friends (fiction)

Chinedu and Chuckwudi

helinues this is not really the case. You're using less than 10% of the cases to judge, while 90% of people who travel abroad actually get jobs and their lives become much better as long as they keep working hard and getting educated

and please stop these tribal labels, be a better person
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Monaboo(m): 6:10pm On Oct 09, 2023
tshtsh:

That's the colonialism influenced thinking I'm talking about. My father retired as a teacher (some call it academia) at a federal university in nigeria. He loved research and raised a number of research grants over the course of his career. He was overburdened with work and served on multiple public health committees. His salary as a professor was low but he also consulted for public health institutions. In the family some made fun of him due to his modest lifestyle. When he was about to build his retirement house his senior sister who dropped out from secondary mockingly asked him if he can afford a storey building. When I was due for university education my dad encouraged me to write SAT and apply for scholarships as he did during his time. I did not get a scholarship and my dad paid my fees 100% as well as rental/upkeep. I did not work one day in USA. Some people predicted that we will not be able to afford it because we love big things but I graduated in 4 years. Proceeded to graduate school and finished without debt. My dad's brother who lived in USA was also asking condescending questions because they never believed people in Nigeria could do well enough. If you believe and strive to make it in Nigeria there is a chance that success will come. I currently live and work in Canada but will never turn down any good opportunity back home.
I am the child of a teacher and I am proud of what my teacher dad was able to achieve despite how harsh Nigeria can be.

I read your story and it's making me feel like crying. So touching. I'm happy for you and the sacrifices your dad made for you.

Maybe it's becos my mum is a Public School Teacher.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by TheWinterBird(f): 6:25pm On Oct 09, 2023
Awesome
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by jumper524(m): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Optics

Two friends (fiction)

Chinedu and Chuckwudi

people have different destiny.
Chinedu could still be lucky to make it while chukwudi would cover too many bad debts at an early stage that made him liquidate.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by BluntCrazeMan: 6:49pm On Oct 09, 2023
MegaBozz:

Foodies..
They never stopped eating.!!
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by GlobeTrotter2: 6:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
tshtsh:

Its all hyped. I live in Greater Toronto Area and there is a neighborhood called Jane & Finch popular among many low income earners of African descent. The roads are bad there. Infrastructure is poor with high rates of crime. A high income earner will definitely not live in Jane & Finch thus to me avoiding poverty is more important than being in country A or country B. A poor man abroad will equally suffer hardship
how can you even compare a poor man abroad to a poor man in Africa

1 Like

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by GlobeTrotter2: 6:56pm On Oct 09, 2023
tshtsh:

That's the colonialism influenced thinking I'm talking about. My father retired as a teacher (some call it academia) at a federal university in nigeria. He loved research and raised a number of research grants over the course of his career. He was overburdened with work and served on multiple public health committees. His salary as a professor was low but he also consulted for public health institutions. In the family some made fun of him due to his modest lifestyle. When he was about to build his retirement house his senior sister who dropped out from secondary mockingly asked him if he can afford a storey building. When I was due for university education my dad encouraged me to write SAT and apply for scholarships as he did during his time. I did not get a scholarship and my dad paid my fees 100% as well as rental/upkeep. I did not work one day in USA. Some people predicted that we will not be able to afford it because we love big things but I graduated in 4 years. Proceeded to graduate school and finished without debt. My dad's brother who lived in USA was also asking condescending questions because they never believed people in Nigeria could do well enough. If you believe and strive to make it in Nigeria there is a chance that success will come. I currently live and work in Canada but will never turn down any good opportunity back home.
I am the child of a teacher and I am proud of what my teacher dad was able to achieve despite how harsh Nigeria can be.
the Nigeria you left and yearn to go back to is not the same Nigeria today. I will not advise anyone to stay in Nigeria if you have thee means to travel through the right route

1 Like

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Psoul(m): 7:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
I don't see any difference there.
I'm the two pictures, they were eating what was obtainable in the two different locations and wearing what can be acceptable in those two locations.

If what they posted here is what they termed as change in their lives, they better come back home.

After all the clothes they wore in that 2nd pic are what they bought from Nigeria. Not even a quality designers stuff.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by creativehubb: 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bridget95:
say after me... I will never be poor.

My guy its better to work for onyibo and get a good pay than to live in poverty without electricity and fuel in naija.
Lot of wealthy people here, they didn't need to go do shitty jobs, at an old age...no glory in that, If you have something good here, and live in a good location, you will enjoy your life. I get it, some just like to live abroad, that's fine and good, some people like staying in Nigeria too...but no pride in doing shitty jobs abroad, I respect Nigerians doing good respectable jobs abroad or business. Fuel dey naija guy, electricity dey, I understand, a lot of you travelled from villages and real severe areas, but the whole of Nigeria is not as pathetic as where you left from. Even in that abroad, six people share small condo, some live in ghettos or the streets. pray make you get money, you no like good thing reach Dangote, Otedola etc, live in Ikoyi and Victoria Island with good cash flow, na business and shopping you go dey go abroad for, na poverty make you think say abroad na heaven grin

Working your ass out like donkey for white man wey no send you, won't you like to have your business, be a boss in your lifetime, running up and down no dey tire you?
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by zinaunreal(m): 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Optics

Two friends (fiction)

Chinedu and Chuckwudi

Envy at the highest level. Run your own race
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Ezlynn: 7:13pm On Oct 09, 2023
This is so encouraging. Though I'm still hustling in my space here with the perfect office companion.

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by creativehubb: 7:18pm On Oct 09, 2023
hardon1:
I don't know what any one will tell me o. All I know is that all the persons wey don jakpa to Europe or America wey I know are doing well and better than I am

My cousins in village who travelled, most of them have built house. Like They tell me; what they do there is not different from what that do here where you have a skill or certificate, it's exchange rate and better minimum wage system created by these foreign nation that helps them.

A friend of mine who sold his business centre and travelled to Ukraine last year September. He was job hunting for two months , got a job in December and suddenly the Ukraine Russian war broke and spoilt everything.

They were moved to Germany as refugees from Ukraine. While in camp in Germany, they were paid $400 (he sends stipends home from this amount)

The last time I chatted him. He is learning German language so he could take a short course on a skill

Exactly my point, a lot travelled from villages, rural areas, and will come here thinking everywhere is as miserable as where they left from. Life is relative, you suffer no mean say suffer dey everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by creativehubb: 7:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
KingCold:
what's this Nigerian obsession with settling in other countries?
Na poverty mentality. Algerians, Egyptians don't have that craze to relocate abroad like we do.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by 7demons: 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2023
Eriggs:
mumu comment as usual.
Empty tribal brain
You people will just be feeling ignorant, is there anything tribal in what he wrote ?
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by LockDown69(m): 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
Hope say na legit work una dey do sha, no be say we go come see una for crime fighters tomorrow grin
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 7:33pm On Oct 09, 2023
tshtsh:

Interesting

But i need to let you know that the country Nigeria is nothing to write home today. The rate of unemployment in the country is unbearable. Parents now discourage their children from pursuing a degree after high school. Even children themselves are also unbothered having seen their neighbours, uncles, aunties, nephews, nieces et al that has been unemployed for years after school. You'd imagine why can't they consider business right? But sadly only those from rhch or comfortable home whose parents, families could raise some funds would consider business.

I suggest you come back home probably for a month to see for yourself. Most Nigeria graduate are either into cyber fraud or unskilled labour like motorcycle riders, bus conductors and the likes. Those that are working earn meagre income compare to the level of inflation in the country. In Nigeria today, who you know is superior and much better than a first-class. We have first-class in Nigeria jobless or being underemployed. I have seen a family with 4 graduates and they still struggle to feed in Nigeria.

Nigeria in your father's time doesn't exist anymore. Our politicians had reduced the masses to nothing with hardship and unfriendly policy. I believe we all know relocating abroad for greener pastures is not always easy and living in your home country is actually the best. However, this only applies to those who had something reasonable doing not for those unemployed or underemployed graduates. Migration is not a crime. It is part of human endeavour. I see no crime in people migrating. People migrate for several reasons. Some economic, education, health, security et al. People migrate temporary or permanent

One thing you should also know that Nigeria doesn't come close when it comes to countries that are relocating. We do not come top 20. Countries that are doing better than us, their citizens still relocate massively for whatever reason best known to them. Nigeria only love making noise. How many people can even afford relocating in Nigeria today. Less than 5% can afford it. The remaining 95% are stuck. They obviously aren't happy but they had no choice. Reason why the rate of crime had gone up in the country. Once the level of poverty and hardship in a country keep increasing on a daily basis, obviously it'd lead to increase in crime.

What would be your sincere advice for a graduate who has been unemployed for years or earning #30,000 monthly as salary? What would be your advice if such a person got the opportunity to relocate for greener pastures? You'd tell that person to remain in Nigeria?
In your father's time first-class graduates are given automatic employment but that doesn't exist anymore. Unemployment and poverty level in Nigeria during your father's time was little compare to what we have today. Nigeria's population during your father's time was lower compare to what we have today.

Corruption, nepotism, pOVERTY, unemployment, insecurity et al

I don't want to write anything about Nigeria government because i believe you know they're the architect of all these menace we're going through in the country
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

Na person build several companies as an undergrad... you na to only abuse government till you finish with nothing,only certificate... you dey do your self .. alaiye baje Omo kekere... see no government go dash you money .. go find work ..
POOR OLD MAN LIVING IN AGEGE eulogising Emilokan the old frail man, drug lord, cocaine sniffer, money laundering and certificate forgery with no heritage

Your parents are better as BARREN than having a useless son like you
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by Bakrabas: 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2023
Sillymoderators:

God bless you for this comment. It is also possible that one was taken at work during break while the other one was taken while chilling or on holidays.

Aamin... and you too

1 Like

Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 8:03pm On Oct 09, 2023
creativehubb:

Lot of wealthy people here, they didn't need to go do shitty jobs, at an old age...no glory in that, If you have something good here, and live in a good location, you will enjoy your life. I get it, some just like to live abroad, that's fine and good, some people like staying in Nigeria too...but no pride in doing shitty jobs abroad, I respect Nigerians doing good respectable jobs abroad or business. Fuel dey naija guy, electricity dey, I understand, a lot of you travelled from villages and real severe areas, but the whole of Nigeria is not as pathetic as where you left from. Even in that abroad, six people share small condo, some live in ghettos or the streets. pray make you get money, you no like good thing reach Dangote, Otedola etc, live in Ikoyi and Victoria Island with good cash flow, na business and shopping you go dey go abroad for, na poverty make you think say abroad na heaven grin

Working your ass out like donkey for white man wey no send you, won't you like to have your business, be a boss in your lifetime, running up and down no dey tire you?
save this your epistle for those millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets of Nigeria. Save this your sermon to an average Nigerians that cannot afford 3 descent meal daily. Save this your gospel for an average Nigerians with 30k minimum wage monthly. Save this your story for those that has abandoned their farmland, got killed and kidnapped. Save your campaign for Nigeria that top the ladder of unemployment and poverty

Maybe you should think of another strategies when dollar gets to 2k and a bag of rice 100k

Rubbish
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 8:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
Angelfrost:
That's still the success story of some guys who didn't Japa...!

This attempt to bash your nation is unnecessary and failed woefully.
your country top the ladder of poverty and unemployment in the world with useless weak currency.

Only mad men on the road don't know that your country is nothing to write home about.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by creativehubb: 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2023
UnfairLife7:
save this your epistle for those millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets of Nigeria. Save this your sermon to an average Nigerians that cannot afford 3 descent meal daily. Save this your gospel for an average Nigerians with 30k minimum wage monthly. Save this your story for those that has abandoned their farmland, got killed and kidnapped. Save your campaign for Nigeria that top the ladder of unemployment and poverty

Maybe you should think of another strategies when dollar gets to 2k and a bag of rice 100k

Rubbish
So na that you dey bank on, lol. Funny myopic man, your prayers na make dollar kill our currency, your prayers no go work...think of a better plan.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by UnfairLife7(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2023
creativehubb:

So na that you dey bank on, lol. Funny myopic man, your prayers na make dollar kill our currency, your prayers no go work...think of a better plan.
black man with their cockroach brain. Was dollar 1k during Jonathan era? Was bag of rice sold 50k+ then?

It is not a prayer but a reality.

Like i said earlier, only Mad people roaming the streets that would still believe or think that a 63 yrs old nation go better one day
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by creativehubb: 8:22pm On Oct 09, 2023
UnfairLife7:
black man with their cockroach brain. Was dollar 1k during Jonathan era? Was bag of rice sold 50k+ then?

It is not a prayer but a reality.

Like i said earlier, only Mad people roaming the streets that would still believe or think that a 63 yrs old nation go better one day
Shut up mumu, why all the people wey dey America never come buy all the properties here. You forget inflation, you forget that even though naira value is dropping if you hold N1million here now, it's next to nothing...that your minimum wage there will still keep you in the struggling bracket even in Nigeria...plus you spend dollars there, and we spend naira here. Olodo mumu.
Re: Japa: Checkout Out Four Friends (Nigeria Vs Abroad) by MisfitHPG: 8:23pm On Oct 09, 2023
Bliss52:
cool

Optics

Two friends (fiction)

Chinedu and Chuckwudi

you are a miserably hypocrite

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Every Nigeria City Should Learn Something From The Collapse Of Warri. / Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London / Japa: See crowd At The UK Embassy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.