Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,699 members, 7,941,669 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover (525 Views)

Buhari Approves Appointment Of Liman Ibrahim, New Federal Fire Service Boss / Buhari Appoints New Acting Controller General, Federal Fire Service / Federal Fire Service Throwing Up Water To Cool Down Supporters Of PMB In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by TheRareGem1(f): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2023
[/b]FG to expand scope of Federal Fire Service, directs NSCDC to provide armed cover for firefighters[b]

Minister of Interior, Dr Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo disclosed this on Wednesday in Abuja while commissioning 15 Ford Built Rapid Response Vehicles and six Firefighting trucks.

Charging the Service to go beyond firefighting to disaster forecasting and prevention, the minister ordered the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps NSCDC to provide armed cover for firefighters who had often come under increasing attacks by hoodlums during operations.

He said; “The Federal Fire Service, very soon when the bill on fire and rescue service is assented to, will play major role in our national development.

“For any country to attain its potentials, fire service cannot be relegated. I say this to the FFS, the time to wake up is now

“There is a direct correlation between sophistication, industrialization and fire service because the more you grow as an economy, the more you need to expand the coast of your fire service. Fire service is directly related to development in any nation.

“For us as a people, we cannot continue to pay lip service or nonchalant attitude to the issue of fire. As an individual, I believe that the FFS should be the major employer of labour in Nigeria. All we need to do is put on our thinking caps. It is time for the FFS to rise up to her responsibility which is not just about combating fires. It has to do even with forecasting dangers. We have to migrate from the era of corrective activities to the era of being proactive which will lead us to preventive measures that can save us billions of Naira.

“Your strength lies in the decline of fire outbreaks and not in the number of fires you fought within a period. Yes, extinguishing fires, saving lives and property, rescuing people during accidents and protecting people in the event of other emergencies remained part of your responsibilities

“I need to have the full range of foreseeable fires, the areas and what we have to combat them. It is very important that this becomes your next line of action. As government agencies, we put in more efforts in solving problems rather than planning to prevent them.

“The FFS must work very closely with NSCDC for security cover. I understand the issues that our FFS men have come under attacks when they go out on their legitimate duties but with the NSCDC providing a cover, such attacks will be reduced.

“Also, we want your training centres not just for your officials but we want all buildings with more than 10 workers to have fire rescue and safety officers among them. Timely intervention can save lives and billions of Naira”, he added.

Earlier, Controller General of Fire, Engr. Abudulganiyu Jaji said fire statistics in the first and second quarters of 2023 is a testimony to a truly re-engineered Service as records at the Data Repository Centre puts fire calls for the period at 1, 096, lives saved -111, successful rescues at 91 and total property saved at over N300 billion

“The Fire Statistics reeled out will be better in the coming days, as today marks yet another important milestone in our country’s history as we are here to witness the commissioning of the state-of-the-art firefighting trucks and ford Rapid Response Vehicles (RRV). This is an incredible achievement and I am proud of the hard work and dedication of the team that made this possible.

“The Firefighting trucks and Rapid Response Vehicles will provide firemen ample opportunities for time-saving, professional and efficient firefighting and rescue operations across the country.

“The manoeuvrability and tractive force coupled with the modern-tech -firefighting tools built into the automotive frame of the Ford RRV brings enhanced productivity to the field of efficient firefighting, search and rescue and robust Global Positioning System(GPS)/mapping and navigation.

“Speed and stability being assured, the RRV reduces response time significantly during fire calls as difficult terranes could be run much faster. Conventionally, the firefighting trucks are heavy duty in nature, used for large scale fire as the case may be. Rapid Response Vehicles on the other hand will be used in our economic and social hubs to meet the exigencies of time, given that it is easier to manoeuvre. For example, our markets and public spaces today do not have access routes for firefighting trucks, hence the need for Rapid Response Vehicles cannot be overemphasized”, he explained.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/10/fg-to-expand-scope-of-federal-fire-service-directs-nscdc-to-provide-armed-cover-for-firefighters/

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Temmy1997(f): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2023
we cannot continue to pay lip service or nonchalant attitude to the issue of fire. As an individual, I believe that the FFS should be the major employer of labour in Nigeria. All we need to do is put on our thinking caps

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by kemzy107(f): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2023
This is a positive one as the responses to fire incidents over the years have been poor. This will further help prevent and curb fire incidents

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Yheri: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
Minister Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo's foresight in providing modern firefighting equipment like the Ford RRV is commendable. Efficiency and quick response are vital in fire emergencies. These innovations will make a significant difference in safeguarding lives and property.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Laryy360: 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
Congratulations to us Nigeria, this will help in fighting fire in Nigeria. Thanks president Bola Ahmed Tinubu for remembering the fire service commission.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by obamiyi(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2023
So good to hear that. Safety is very paramount.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Oracben: 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2023
The minister of interior has a lot of vision for the parastatals under his guidance, the fire service should not be all about fighting fires but as the minister said should be also proactive like predicting dangers.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Joyce95: 4:32pm On Oct 12, 2023
Congratulations to our Nation Nigeria. It great Development indeed.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Ogbonna24: 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
The man we need, he knows where the shoes pinches.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Janetudeh(f): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
We hope to see more improvements in the activities of the federal fire service.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Evelyn24: 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
The Minister definitely has all his plans itemized because how can you just be doing the right thing at the right time.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Oluebubay: 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2023
A good and welcome development… this will aid rapid response in the case of fire outbreak or disaster… Impressive… The minister is all about improving the welfare of the citizens.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by SanniAbraham15: 4:38pm On Oct 12, 2023
Great development.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Softesst: 4:40pm On Oct 12, 2023
Good move 👏

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Lifted2000: 4:41pm On Oct 12, 2023
No fire service men should tell us no functional vehicle for fire incident.

1 Like

Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Solape1: 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2023
That is a good way to go. God bless president Tinubu for appointing a vibrant mind like Hin. Olubunmi Tunji Ojo
Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Zeesugar(f): 4:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
Thank you for fulfilling your promise. It will be of great benefits to our Economy if job is been created in this sector
Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Adelekan40(m): 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2023
The federal fire service should expect more reforms under the leadership of the new minister in charge.
Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by OlufunkeBabs: 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2023
Congratulations to we Nigerians!The man we need and want is here! We hope to see more improvements in the activities of the federal fire service.
Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by TheCurtainTales: 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2023
Charging the Service to go beyond firefighting to disaster forecasting and prevention is a very great strategy.
Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by JesusDeliveres(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2023
Good people of nairaland
Pls pls.... my gas just finished and beans on fire

Pls I need to fill the gas even tho it's 2kg
Pps I need good spirited naira landers and Nigerians to come to my rescue

Not asking for too much
Even tho it's 2k or 1k
Plus today is also my birthday
Pps I need to fill my gas Pls someone should make me happy.... At least to eat the beans that's half way done... So I can cook it completely and eat it with my garri.... At least I thank God I'm. Alive

My bank details are below in my signature
God bless the giver in Jesus name
Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Funmilayo8: 5:03pm On Oct 12, 2023
According to the Minister of Interior, Hon. Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, The Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Tinubu said the ministry’s component is aimed at revamping so many crucial areas within the ministry including the Federal Fire Service. Kudos to the Minister. His works are highly commendable!!
Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by flexybricky(m): 5:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
Empowering our Fire Service with the tools they need to protect and serve is a well calculated step. 🚒🔥
Good job sir.
Re: FG To Expand Scope Of Federal Fire Service, Directs NSCDC To Provide Armed Cover by Solape1: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2023
Keep the good work going and God bless the President for giving us BTO

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu’s CSU Diploma Certificate Scandal: The Double Faced Hypocrisy Of Reno Omo / Cbn Disbursement / Unpopular Opinion: Only Lazy Youths Complain Of Unemployment!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.