Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,284 members, 7,887,831 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:45 PM

Pls Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls Help (1364 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help by drake99: 7:08am On Oct 23, 2011
My mother died 4 days back,am dropping dead slowly,the worst is my dad,he's down,it has come 2 an extent he's no longer talking sense,people said time will heal our broken heart,i opened this thread 2 ask those of u who have once lost a loved one,is their any lost that can lead 2 another death? Am so scared,cause i hope i'll make it but my dad seems not making it,pls help
Re: Pls Help by InkedNerd(f): 7:19am On Oct 23, 2011
OP, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, I have heard of situations where hearing, learning, or knowing of another person's death has caused someone to die. It's not an easy road ahead but you must be there for your father. Comfort him emotionally, mentally, and spiritually [if you are religious]. This is a time where your father needs you the most--you may even find some comfort by helping him. It is a journey you two will take together. I have never experienced death first hand but I can only imagine what you're going through, especially since this deals with parents. Please try to surround both you and your father with positive individuals. If you want someone to talk to, I'd me more than willing to listen. Once again, I'm sorry for your loss. Stay strong my brother, all will be well.
Re: Pls Help by seedord247(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2011
Bro  . . . it ain't easy to overcome that kind of situation especially when her position in the family is needed.  This is the time you need to get close to God and seek Guidance and knowledge for you to overcome it. This is the similarity we share as human, neither  you are rich, poor, tall, short, white , black we're all going to die. Just a matter of months the rashes will soon clear off.

MAY ALMIGHTY GOD FORGIVE HER ALL HER SIN
Re: Pls Help by Blazing88(f): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2011
@op
I am so sorry.
God will give u the strenght to pull thru
Sorry dear.
It will be well.
Re: Pls Help by Flygerian1(m): 11:07am On Oct 23, 2011
Sorry bro. RIP mama
Re: Pls Help by frank317: 11:53am On Oct 23, 2011
ya, i lost my mum last year (even still dreamt of her last night) she was so dear to me it hurts like hell. but life goes on. honestly her death makes me realize that we are all going someday. if my mother could successfully pass on, then who am i?
the worst part is i most times wonder how my dad feels. i know he was mostly hurt. she was his wife, bestfriend and lover for years. i cant imagine what he is oing through. if my nights are filled with memories of my my mum what will his nights be filled with.

its reallly a vain world.
Re: Pls Help by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2011
Talk to God, brother. Mere beings: That's all we are. God be with you.
Re: Pls Help by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2011
[size=14pt]Yes! I can empathize with your situation! I've been in a similar condition! Not once nor twice! I lost a close friend in 2000, lost my first ever best friend in 2002(Haven't replaced him yet) And i lost my Grand dad exactly 2 months ago! embarassed embarassed
Her name was Chinyere! She was in my class in Jss! We were very close. We came from the same tribe, looked alike facially and we shared skin color as well. Classmates thought we were twins! Long story short, she lost her life after a heavy downpour on her way to school, she fell in to a gushing canal. Her body was never found! I stifle tears anytime i remember her, and even as i write this  a teardrop just fell on my laptop! It's not easy losing someone you love to death, bearing in mind that you may never see them again! Time may only heal the wound. But the scar will always be there! if i ever tell you that you'll forget the pain of losing your mom, am a hypocritical liar! It's been  12 years i lost Chinyere, i think of her everyday and i still cry for her when i'm overwhelmed! I dont wanna tell the story of my best friend! I was so hurt, i couldnt attend his burial! My granddad is yet to be buried!. . .#My Story sad

It seems so unfair that death should have the power to take away someone you love. And when it happens, the thought of never again being able to talk to, laugh with, or hold your loved one can be most difficult to bear.
Dont be embarrassed show your feelings, cry when you feel like crying! Damn it dude, she was your mom! Stifling tears or trying to act macho isnt the way to go! If you dont feel comfortable crying in the presence of other people, find a room all alone and cry out your heart! Crying actually makes you feel better. Even Jesus WEPT! . . .

Send me a mail, on how to receive a book that helped me deal with my losses! FOC! mikaelocee@gmail.com smiley
[/size]
Re: Pls Help by Mobinga: 1:05pm On Oct 23, 2011
sexkillz:

[size=14pt]Yes! I can empathize with your situation! I've been in a similar condition! Not once nor twice! I lost a close friend in 2000, lost my first ever best friend in 2002(Haven't replaced him yet) And i lost my Grand dad exactly 2 months ago! embarassed embarassed
Her name was Chinyere! She was in my class in Jss! We were very close. We came from the same tribe, looked alike facially and we shared skin color as well. Classmates thought we were twins! Long story short, she lost her life after a heavy downpour on her way to school, she fell in to a gushing canal. Her body was never found! I stifle tears anytime i remember her, and even as i write this  a teardrop just fell on my laptop! It's not easy losing someone you love to death, bearing in mind that you may never see them again! Time may only heal the wound. But the scar will always be there! if i ever tell you that you'll forget the pain of losing your mom, am a hypocritical liar! It's been  12 years i lost Chinyere, i think of her everyday and i still cry for her when i'm overwhelmed! I dont wanna tell the story of my best friend! I was so hurt, i couldnt attend his burial! My granddad is yet to be buried!. . .#My Story sad

It seems so unfair that death should have the power to take away someone you love. And when it happens, the thought of never again being able to talk to, laugh with, or hold your loved one can be most difficult to bear.
Dont be embarrassed show your feelings, cry when you feel like crying! Damn it dude, she was your mom! Stifling tears or trying to act macho isnt the way to go! If you dont feel comfortable crying in the presence of other people, find a room all alone and cry out your heart! Crying actually makes you feel better. Even Jesus WEPT! . . .

Send me a mail, on how to receive a book that helped me deal with my losses! FOC! mikaelocee@gmail.com smiley
[/size]

[size=16pt]Please Kill Yourself.[/size]
Re: Pls Help by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 23, 2011
Mobinga:

[size=27pt]Please FU[i]C[/i]K Yourself! And when you are done, KISS MY ARSE!. . . Rubbish! smiley[/size]
Re: Pls Help by InkedNerd(f): 12:12am On Oct 24, 2011
Mobinga:

Oga Mobinga, why did you say that. Please be nice to my beloved sexkillz cry
Re: Pls Help by Nobody: 1:48am On Oct 24, 2011
drake99:

My mother died 4 days back,am dropping dead slowly,the worst is my dad,he's down,it has come 2 an extent he's no longer talking sense,people said time will heal our broken heart,i opened this thread 2 ask those of u who have once lost a loved one,is their any lost that can lead 2 another death? Am so scared,cause i hope i'll make it but my dad seems not making it,pls help
wow, crazy! So sorry to hear that. Though I havent lost a loved one, I can imagine how difficult life should be after such an episode. You certainly can pull through this. You can comfort yourself with the truth that these things happen or have to happen for other good things to come.
In my view, Nairaland is the last place you want to be at this time, not with insults flying around. Google helplinks online. you'll certainly find a lot.

The experience project is also sometin you can start on http://www.experienceproject.com. It'll help you connect with hundreds of others who have experienced the same thing and you all can help yourselves get over it. Good luck, bro.

(1) (Reply)

no more / Questions About Love / Couples Do You Plan Before You Have Your Babies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.