Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,415 members, 7,901,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 02:59 AM

Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? (332 Views)

My First Miracle After I Received The Holy Spirit / What Type Of Drink Exactly Did Jesus Turn Water Into In John2 ? / "Prophet Jacob Turns Water Into Petrol In Church In South Africa"- Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? by hisexcellency34: 9:20am On Oct 15, 2023
What was the first miracle Jesus performed? Was it the turning of water into wine at the wedding in Cana or Peter toiling all night without any catching any fish and Jesus performed a net breaking miracle of fishes? After the miracle, Jesus told Peter "Follow me" and he did

Re: Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? by jom28gy(m): 9:29am On Oct 15, 2023
That is what bible told us,
Re: Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? by hisexcellency34: 9:39am On Oct 15, 2023
What was that?
jom28gy:
That is what bible told us,
Re: Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? by Cruise777: 9:52am On Oct 15, 2023
Jesus grew up in Egypt.. home of dark magic
Re: Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? by IreneChidi(f): 9:58am On Oct 15, 2023
Cruise777:
talking nonsense as usual
Re: Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? by CloudTrees(f): 10:25am On Oct 15, 2023
Cruise777:

All power belongs to God
Re: Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? by TenQ: 11:24am On Oct 15, 2023
hisexcellency34:
What was the first miracle Jesus performed? Was it the turning of water into wine at the wedding in Cana or Peter toiling all night without any catching any fish and Jesus performed a net breaking miracle of fishes? After the miracle, Jesus told Peter "Follow me" and he did

Excellent Question :
1. The first miracle Jesus did was not mentioned in the Bible, the but it seems Mary had seen enough Miracles to know that this her Son Jesus could create solutions to any problem.

2. The first Miracle Jesus did in Cana was the first public miracle He made in Cana of Galili

John 2:11:
"This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him."

This was NOT the first public miracle of Jesus.
Why?
Because Jesus Already had CHOSEN His disciples and thus came to the wedding with them!

John 2:2-5:
"And both Jesus was called, and his disciples, to the marriage. And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus said to him, They have no wine. Jesus said to her, Woman, what have I to do with you? my hour is not yet come. His mother said to the servants, Whatever he said to you, do it."

3. The miracle of the fishes was earlier than that of the miracle of the wine at Cana.
Why?
Jesus had not yet chosen His disciples at that time and He was still in the process of choosing His disciples.
Luk 5:5-6,8,10-11:
"And Simon answering said to him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at your word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they enclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net broke. … When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord. … And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said to Simon, Fear not; from now on you shall catch men. And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him."
Re: Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? by MightySparrow: 8:49pm On Oct 15, 2023
The first one you read first is your first.
Re: Jesus' First Miracle: Water Into Wine Or Peter Catching Many Fishes? by Bestbrain123(m): 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
No one knows even the bible can't be specific.

(1) (Reply)

A Quote I Found On The Eckankar Website / BREAKING | This Priest Resigns To Supports Polygamy, Says It’s Ordained By God / Atheists, How Do You Turn Down Invitations To Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.