Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,127 members, 7,933,780 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 12:32 PM

What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? (23119 Views)

In Nigeria, 5 Habits That Can Make You Go Broke / Why Is It That Nigerians Don't Like Paying For Services. / Habits That You Need To Stop In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by FILEBE(m): 2:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
Tochex101:
* Paying Locals/Touts settlement for....decking,foundation,roofing etc. during building projects.
* Following one way....
* Paying for nysc mobilisation...etc

Paying touts when your car breaks down on the road.
Truck drivers ans containers paying Agberos before they pass a street and before the offload .

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Calitoscassius(m): 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
Bighead95:
The moment you became friend with a lady the beginning of urgent 2k from you ..

Urinating beside the road or at the fence of someone's apartment or behind any parked car...

Uniformed personal driving through one way ..

Soldiers opperessing civilians (this one dey happen well well and e dey pain me )

Local scammer trying to rob from the poor

20naira for owo keg at the filling station

Any political offices shouldnt attract salary since wey be say na voluntary ( e sopos be free or lil stipends )

Public hospital doctors transferring patients to there private hospitals.

Conductors looking unkept (if Dem open there armpit beside you Omo the odour no be here)

Etc grin
Seriously, one drunk idiot urinated just on the from door and tire of my well valleted, washed and polished SUV Benz, i was mad! he was very apologetic, bought a bucket full of pure water to wash it, when some people around there threatned to beat da fork outta him, though i told them to let him go.
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by VEHINTOLAR: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
Yahoo
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Woodshot: 2:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
maryscotland:
NEPA mandates you to fix the transformer when it's faulty with your money and still come and collect monthly bill from you.

Your comment paints the clear picture of what the section of a town that I reside is currently facing.

Water corporation incharge of water supply in Town can't fix their transformer.
Nepa is waiting for water corporation to fix the transformer...
Water Corporation is nuturing the idea of taxing the community for a new transformer.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by MrUchenna1(m): 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
FORGED CERTIFICATE
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Bighead95(m): 2:18pm On Oct 17, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Seriously, one drunk idiot urinated just on the from door and tire of my well valleted, washed and polished SUV Benz, i was mad! he was very apologetic, bought a bucket full of pure water to wash it, when some people around there threatned to beat da fork outta him, though i told them to let him go.

That urinating of thing Omo it's a very bad idea most men urinate anywhere grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by osmosis101(m): 2:20pm On Oct 17, 2023
Ologbon lolode
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by winner37(m): 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2023
A Lady in the house is garri she will be using to cover the lunch but if she comes over she will be demanding for fried rice and chicken...

People claiming I too sabi is abnormal..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Calitoscassius(m): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2023
Bighead95:

That urinating of thing Omo it's a very bad idea most men urinate anywhere grin grin
I tell you! grin It is actually a violation of someone's property (car) it is the same as urinating on your TV, phone or computer..

It turns out the guy could not even afford a car head light.

That day i just drove out of a car wash, paid for polishing, washing and valleting.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by EMILO2STAY(m): 2:24pm On Oct 17, 2023
drink money after paying rent
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Mummyimbecile(m): 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sending TP to a girl for her to visit you.

That's the highest level of fvckry I.M.O

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by jackie35(m): 2:31pm On Oct 17, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Huh?! undecided really?.

Are you not in naija?
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Birniwa(m): 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2023
Easyincome24:
You can imagine agent for house rent giving you bill like:

House rent - โ‚ฆ2.5m

Service charge- โ‚ฆ500k

Agreement- 10%

Commission - 10%

Damages - 10%.

Total package- โ‚ฆ3,750,000.

And we think this is normal, no one is speaking against it. This is corruption itself, we the citizens are our own enemies.

What other things related to this have we all accepted to be normal?

What part of the globe are these things being accepted as normal?
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Calitoscassius(m): 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2023
Clearly almost every Naigerian adult is corrupt and untrusworthy. As long as these practise continues nothing, i mean, nothing will ever ever change for better in Naigeria. A People cannot be doing the same thing and expecting different results.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Calitoscassius(m): 2:35pm On Oct 17, 2023
jackie35:

Are you not in naija?
NO!
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Isyakuadamu(m): 2:42pm On Oct 17, 2023
Principals and Headmasters cornering school fees
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Allisgud: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Agreement and commission
Owoda agbero for bustop
Special center
Oluwole
Olopa carrying POS machine
Contract company removing 25% from workers salary monkey dey work baboon dey chop grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Allisgud: 2:50pm On Oct 17, 2023
Agreement and commission
Owoda agbero for bustop
Special center
Oluwole
Olopa carrying POS machine
Contract company removing 25% from workers salary monkey dey work baboon dey chop grin grin
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by 9jaloyalist(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
Timoleon:

Would you vote for someone who says I will not fix your roads, I will not fix power, I will not create employment opportunities, I will not fix the economy, I will not secure Nigerians... because this is the opposite of what you are saying.

Nope, but people should grow mentally to level that we know this is their primary assignment in power, they shouldn't use this to campaign but rather something more logical, something one can reckon with.

Let me tell you a little story, I am living in the north, there's a town close by that lost access to electricity due to the insurgency, personally I thought the electricity cannot be restored, bit guess what, the siting governor came during campaign period and promised to restore the electricity, he started and halted the work, he came back and now say he will complete the work after he won the election,.
I begin to ask myself, so this electricity can be restored and this people have been living in gross darkness, not because the electricity cannot be restored but because someone is selfish enough to use it for his gain.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by 2kris(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
Mcreloaded:
Buying beans with lots of stones and dirts
you should clean the beans then
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Coded081(m): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
ednut1:
When the op builds his or her own house na the same thing you go do ๐Ÿ˜

He didn't mention ๐Ÿก owners, he said agent
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Antichristus: 3:00pm On Oct 17, 2023
First, sex for grades - many females throw themselves at lecturers to exchange sex for pass grades. Secondly, bribery - many Nigerians are happy to pay bribes to circumvent the system.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by BoldBrainz(m): 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
Regex:

I detest okra... I do not understand the food.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

This is like the funniest shit I've read all day. Like, what's there not to understand about Okra soup abeg?
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Khyrvxjzy: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nazgul:

N50 in 2023?

The last fuel I bought they removed N500. It was a yellow gallon 25 liters.

That N50 deduction was years ago.

wait ooo is this another country or i am an alien

collecting money for keg stop a long time
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by SouthernPlateau: 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
Timing small girls in the area that their opiopoh has just mature

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Khyrvxjzy: 3:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
Nazgul:

N50 in 2023?

The last fuel I bought they removed N500. It was a yellow gallon 25 liters.

That N50 deduction was years ago.

wait ooo is this another country or i am an alien

collecting money for keg stop a long time
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by BoldBrainz(m): 3:07pm On Oct 17, 2023
Calitoscassius:

LMAO!

Funny part about this is, I literally get very enraged when a stranger empties his urea on my vehicle tyre, but I take delight in doing it myself.

You know that sense of ownership and dominance dogs have when they urinate in an environment or on an object? I subconsciously feel it when I pee on my tyres๐Ÿ˜‚. But if them born your papa well, piss on my tyre and see if I won't break your neck if I catch you.
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by thaoriginator: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
Prices of goods constantly going up and never coming back down.. normal

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Timoleon(m): 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
Iโ€™m not rooting for any politician obviously. The fact however is that with the current state of Nigeria, those are the things Nigerians need. So, to win their votes, you have to promise them that.

Give it a try, think about canvassing for votes in Nigeria. Without these sectors we talk about and the desire to fix them, what else can a person give Nigerians?
9jaloyalist:

Nope, but people should grow mentally to level that we know this is their primary assignment in power, they shouldn't use this to campaign but rather something more logical, something one can reckon with.

Let me tell you a little story, I am living in the north, there's a town close by that lost access to electricity due to the insurgency, personally I thought the electricity cannot be restored, bit guess what, the siting governor came during campaign period and promised to restore the electricity, he started and halted the work, he came back and now say he will complete the work after he won the election,.
I begin to ask myself, so this electricity can be restored and this people have been living in gross darkness, not because the electricity cannot be restored but because someone is selfish enough to use it for his gain.

1 Like

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Regex: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚.

This is like the funniest shit I've read all day. Like, what's there not to understand about Okra soup abeg?

Shit is slimy, and is disgusting. ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ
Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by haphizz57(m): 3:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
Easyincome24:
You can imagine agent for house rent giving you bill like:

House rent - โ‚ฆ2.5m

Service charge- โ‚ฆ500k

Agreement- 10%

Commission - 10%

Damages - 10%.

Total package- โ‚ฆ3,750,000.

And we think this is normal, no one is speaking against it. This is corruption itself, we the citizens are our own enemies.

What other things related to this have we all accepted to be normal?
Corruption runs through almost all nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Those Corrupt Habits That Nigerians Have Accepted As Normal? by Krexpah(m): 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2023
As in bro this is a serious case
If you canโ€™t give money you no love her bdat I tire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Things We Hate Most About Being Nigerian (Pics). / Wheelbarrow Pusher Washing His Clothes In A Gutter In Ketu, Lagos / Have You Tried Nairaland On Your Mobile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.