Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,251 members, 7,887,718 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:48 PM

My 2009 Corolla Doing High Starting - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My 2009 Corolla Doing High Starting (607 Views)

I Noticed My 2009 Corolla Speedometer Stopped Working / My 2009 Toyota Corolla GearBox Issue / Help! My 2009 Toyota Corolla Is Not Shifting To Gear 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2009 Corolla Doing High Starting by Pikadili: 9:08pm On Oct 15, 2023
I filled my car from one popular Filling station in Abuja, I didn't drove for 6 minutes before my car stopped. I called my mechanic, he said it's fuel pump related issue. I was surprised cos how can a fuel pump just developed issue like that.

He said I should just come. So, I managed and drove to his workshop, he said let him first check to see if there's no water in the fuel that I bought.

Brethren, to my surprised, water contains some reasonable part of the fuel. I was so angry, he said I shouldn't worry that it mostly happens during the rainy season.

That he will separate the water from fuel. He did exactly that, and my car isn't stopping on the road again.

But the challenge currently is, i need to start my car like twice before it ON. And sometimes, the way it sound is as if my car plugs is dead.
Re: My 2009 Corolla Doing High Starting by jceesquare(m): 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2023
Pikadili:
I filled my car from one popular Filling station in Abuja, I didn't drove for 6 minutes before my car stopped. I called my mechanic, he said it's fuel pump related issue. I was surprised cos how can a fuel pump just developed issue like that.

He said I should just come. So, I managed and drove to his workshop, he said let him first check to see if there's no water in the fuel that I bought.

Brethren, to my surprised, water contains some reasonable part of the fuel. I was so angry, he said I shouldn't worry that it mostly happens during the rainy season.

That he will separate the water from fuel. He did exactly that, and my car isn't stopping on the road again.

But the challenge currently is, i need to start my car like twice before it ON. And sometimes, the way it sound is as if my car plugs is dead.

Buy complete fuel pump assembly and experience peace of mind.
Your pressure regulator is likely gone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 2009 Corolla Doing High Starting by Angrigowt: 9:31pm On Oct 15, 2023
Change the plugs
Re: My 2009 Corolla Doing High Starting by SortOut: 10:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
You have your answer, fuel pump and filter...the supply rate has changed, if you are observant your fuel economy has changed.

(1) (Reply)

Feeling Of Your Car Moving Backward When A Long Truck Pass By Your Side / Drivers Recklessness / Can One Get A Competent And Honest Mechanic(japanese Cars) In Lafia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.