Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,637 members, 7,878,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 08:21 AM

Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos (35114 Views)

Another Set of BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Passengers Injured (photos) / Bamise: Passengers Stranded As BRT Suspends Operations / Two BRT Buses Collide In Ikorodu, Many Injured (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by Kingbuhari(m): 1:55pm On Oct 17, 2023
Light78:
What can be done to prevent future occurrence?

That's where Africa keeps failing.
MC oloma thugs should stop driving this buses
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by sam2kenny: 1:56pm On Oct 17, 2023
Accident was caused by Okada on brt lane

LeeSantos:
How is that possible on their (brt) lane

1 Like

Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by Hanndye: 2:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
Theben:

Do not always judge until you get the full details of what happened. The bus driver was trying to avoid hitting an on coming biker and his passenger while also on full speed.
Perhaps the biker was trying to avoid the draconian arm of the law, ditto those who drive against the traffic.
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by Blitzking: 2:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
One of the drivers must av been doing stronghead
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by tfelicityk(m): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
The Lagos State Transport Management needs to do quarterly training for the BRT and other transport staffs on safety management and, adherence to rules and regulations.

Only passengers in the duo buses can tell you what actually caused the accident. Sometimes, the drivers will be driving and fiddling with phones to make calls.

Some engaging in unnecessary arguments with passengers - responding to utterance of passengers. Many more factors which can be avoided.

They should carry out substance used test on the drivers as well on monthly bases.

1 Like

Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by Kingbuhari(m): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
Funny con3 .... Dubai RTC are one of the best,if not the best in the world, their drivers are professionals they are always punctual as schedules you can never see them talking or driving against traffic lights, and if they are faster than their schedules they they go for layoff since I started visiting UAE I never seen any public transport in this kind of mess. To get a licence in UAE u must be mentally sound infact after spending more than 2m for just licence no be person go tell you to drive carefully because any nonsense they will ban u from driving, UAE no dey hear abeg
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by SocialJustice: 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2023
tydi:
If you see all this brt bus drivers gulping dry gin for all this ogogoro shop you would be wondering if it's goats and sheeps they want to transport or human being
This is exactly what my mind went to.

1 Like

Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by jrusky(m): 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2023
SoNature:
Lagos State government needs to make extra effort to decongest the state. How can a tiny land be housing over 20 million people? There's hardly a day in Lagos that bad news doesn't happen. That state is darn overcrowded.

You are somehow correct but that is not the cause of accident.

Our drivers are too impatient, reckless and some of them on Alcohol etc that is one major issue bro.

1 Like

Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by placeofallure(f): 2:11pm On Oct 17, 2023
tydi:
If you see all this brt bus drivers gulping dry gin for all this ogogoro shop you would be wondering if it's goats and sheeps they want to transport or human being

I always wonder, can't they ban those chemical selling women from plying their illicit trade at the bus stops?

1 Like

Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by richie240: 2:12pm On Oct 17, 2023
Why won't lagos be overpopulated when those that shd stay and develop there region have all fled to d same lagos after enabling the destruction of their homebase by their tacit support for ipob, ESN and ugm.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/12-igbo-groups-support-Igbos-sit-at-home-order/amp/

Dey play
cool

SoNature:
Lagos State government needs to make extra effort to decongest the state. How can a tiny land be housing over 20 million people? There's hardly a day in Lagos that bad news doesn't happen. That state is darn overcrowded.
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 2:17pm On Oct 17, 2023
Head on collision how did that possibly happen?

unless they were reckless
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by frog12: 2:19pm On Oct 17, 2023
these buses are nor strong and dey speed too much
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by iyaamoke: 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
[quote author=Milecent post=126456174]please guys, please I've tried to get little help here to no avail, please I beg you in the name of Almighty GOD pls, If any good samaritan can please help me, no matter how little so we can buy foodstuff and cook, I will be very happy. my daughter and I we are starving. Please help us the last time we ate a good food was from our neighbor on  sunday. Since then we have surviving on drinking garri since Monday and the garri we use to have hope has finished. the little money I have I used it to pay for house rent so that we can at least have roof over our head. am pleading for help please, not for my sake but for my daughter please am a single mother. No matter how little it will go a long way to help us. Almighty God bless you

I really think it is best to get something menial to do to at least keep your body and soul together. I doubt you will find much help doing this everyday and with the commitment and consistency with which you have kept this up, I believe if channelled into some work may yield more profit and honour.

1 Like

Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by Alao046(m): 2:21pm On Oct 17, 2023
All of you just saying nonsense about the drivers and so on. This accident happened right in front of my house along Lagos-abeokuta express way. There was a stupid bike man on the BRT lane that was dropping a passenger, imagine parking on BRT lane that is even illegal to ply.

The incoming driver was trying not to crush the stupid bike man , so he turned from his lane and unfortunately there was an incoming BRT coming opposite so they collided. Bike man took his bike and ran away.

This is what you get when we have foolish people that always go against government directive, the last BRT accident in this my area was also caused by a foolish bike man. If BRT's crushed dem, people will say they were driving reckless.

1 Like

Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by BurntDodo: 2:30pm On Oct 17, 2023
God save them I wasn’t on the bus, I’ll sue the hell out of the Lagos state government.
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by lomprico(m): 2:32pm On Oct 17, 2023
How come? - Wyclef Jean
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by Ballotelle(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
In my opinion... I think BRT actually increases Traaffic at pick periods.... If u look at it well... The BRT lane wiukd b free yet other lanes woukd b jam packed... A good transport analyst would understand what am saying
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by porthouse7(f): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2023
Happy news for the obinnas
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by iamtardey: 2:46pm On Oct 17, 2023
SoNature:
lol
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by UnemployedGradu: 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2023
Theben:

Do not always judge until you get the full details of what happened. The bus driver was trying to avoid hitting an on coming biker and his passenger while also on full speed.
the brt was going to Ikeja from igando?
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by Atomz(m): 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
donbrowser:

There's a turning in that spot where those drivers get impatient.

Honestly LASG needs to do better on the drivers they employ. They don’t follow any traffic guidelines and believe the BRT lane is only for BRT they can speed anyhow. There’s also a need for intersection/barrier that will separate buses going and coming.
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by Atomz(m): 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2023
Alao046:
All of you just saying nonsense about the drivers and so on. This accident happened right in front of my house along Lagos-abeokuta express way. There was a stupid bike man on the BRT lane that was dropping a passenger, imagine parking on BRT lane that is even illegal to ply.

The incoming driver was trying not to crush the stupid bike man , so he turned from his lane and unfortunately there was an incoming BRT coming opposite so they collided. Bike man took his bike and ran away.

This is what you get when we have foolish people that always go against government directive, the last BRT accident in this my area was also caused by a foolish bike man. If BRT's crushed dem, people will say they were driving reckless.
The lives of the commuters in the BRT should be of paramount consideration before making such moves. Bikes were banned on that road but unfortunately they still ply brt lanes en route ikeja.
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by oyoofong(m): 3:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
Impatient! Maybe highness
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by HenryWilliams(m): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2023
We've been shouting to the rooftops..
BRT drivers are no better than Danfo drivers..
Very ill-mannered and uncouth.. whisky, gin and smokes is their Hallmark..
They need to be retrained or sacked enmasse.
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by EmmaLege: 4:25pm On Oct 17, 2023
Mexokas:
This is not good at all...

I hope LASEMA has gone to the crash site to rescue victims...

Sure bro. We were present
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by MomohMrMoore: 6:44pm On Oct 17, 2023
Its the result of Okadas and yellow buses on BRT lanes. Sanwolu is not capable of keeping Okadas off nain roads. He is a padipadi governor. I wish the return of Fashola.
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by MomohMrMoore: 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2023
Sanwoolu should keep Okadas off brt lane. He is unable to keep them off major highways. He only make gragra for a month when something happen and Okadas are back again after a while. I wish Fashola back
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by FashionCookie(f): 7:47pm On Oct 17, 2023
tydi:
Lol...
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by Pootle: 8:02pm On Oct 17, 2023
SoNature:

but half plot for gaza contain 2M ppl smiley
Re: Many Injured As BRT Buses Collide In Lagos by huntax(m): 8:41pm On Oct 17, 2023
tydi:

I'm not judging anyone.. but ask yourself why a brt bus driver would be on full speed if he wasn't drunk.
Those buses has their lane and was supposed to move at a slow pace

Have you also asked why an Okada is plying on a BRT lane in an area it was banned from operating?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Motorcyclist Died In Fatal Accident Few Weeks After His Weeding In Ondo(graphic) / People Stopped The Traffic To Help A Gigantic Snake Cross The Road (images) / Photos Of The Abuja Airport New Terminal Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.