Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,712 members, 7,918,192 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:20 AM

Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor (197 Views)

Yahaya Bello Reelected As Kogi Governor / PDP Senators Help Dino Melaye To Stand Up At The Senate (Pictures) / Ben Murray-Bruce Welcomes Dino Melaye To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by peekspot(m): 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2023

PDP governorship candidate in Kogi State, Dino Melaye, on Politics Today, Monday, October 16, 2023,

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship candidate for Kogi State Dino Melaye says one of his plans is to recruit graduates to boost the state’s agricultural sector.

He made the comment on Monday when he was featured on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

“We are going to work on agriculture. We are going to work on mechanised agriculture. We are going to go into plantation agriculture. We are going to have farmhouses. We are going to recruit our graduates into agriculture,” he said.

While lamenting the state of education in the Confluence State, Melaye promised to revamp the sector if he wins the November 11 election.

“After working on our economy, we are going to work on our education. As I speak with you today, apart from Ekiti State, we have the highest number of professors in this country yet our universities are like glorified secondary schools. Today, there is no functional primary school in Kogi State – no teachers,” Melaye maintained.

“Education is the bane of our development as a people. We are going to work on it. We are going to introduce ICT. We are going to work on the curriculum from primary school to our universities.”

‘First Responsibility’
He also pledged to unite the people.

“My first responsibility would be to unite our people and that is why the slogan of my campaign is: One Kogi, One Destiny,” the former lawmaker added.

The PDP candidate also accused Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State of running a proxy third term via the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate Ahmed Ododo.

“Don’t be deceived that Yahaya Bello is not on the ballot. Ododo is physically on the ballot but Yahaya Bello is the one seeking a third term through a proxy [Ododo].

“I will not want this debate to be about Yahaya Bello, rather I would like to market my political party and market what we have for Kogi State,” he said.

https://www.channelstv.com/2023/10/16/dino-melaye-to-recruit-graduates-into-agriculture-as-kogi-governor/
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by socialmediaman: 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2023
An alternative to recruiting them into the army and feeding them Agbado and Cassava?
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by Taylor94: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2023
Whats the problem of SW and their minions

Their obsession for corn cassava and bush meat
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by jumper524(m): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2023
the greatest problem of this country are saboteurs.
this is a good and positive innovation.

I think the Buhari era worked on agriculture, infrastructure and security.
he improved these sectors with findings and equipment but then again, he failed woefully in dealing with saboteurs even in his own political cycle to the point a minister could scam the country of Nigeria airways in Buhari's own eyes.

this country needs rugged and stubborn political comrades who are difficult to bend.
sadly tinubu only has wike within his cycle.
the saboteurs succeeded in pushing elrufai away.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by Leeok5: 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2023
better than being jobless
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by Ogamysamo: 7:03pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:
Whats the problem of SW and their minions

Their obsession for corn cassava and bush meat
Hello, Sorry For Interrupting Your Moving Train... Kogi Is In Middle Belt--North Central Meaning It Is A Northern State. Can't We Do Without Stereotyping?
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by Urheadmaster(m): 7:05pm On Oct 19, 2023
Seconded cool
jumper524:
the greatest problem of this country are saboteurs.
this is a good and positive innovation.

I think the Buhari era worked on agriculture, infrastructure and security.
he improved these sectors with findings and equipment but then again, he failed woefully in dealing with saboteurs even in his own political cycle to the point a minister could scam the country of Nigeria airways in Buhari's own eyes.

this country needs rugged and stubborn political comrades who are difficult to bend.
sadly tinubu only has wike within his cycle.
the saboteurs succeeded in pushing elrufai away.
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by Taylor94: 7:07pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ogamysamo:

Hello, Sorry For Interrupting Your Moving Train... Kogi Is In Middle Belt--North Central Meaning It Is A Northern State. Can't We Do Without Stereotyping?

Did you see where I wrote Minions?

Do you realize 70% of kogites speak Yoruba
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by Ogamysamo: 7:21pm On Oct 19, 2023
Taylor94:

Did you see where I wrote Minions?

Do you realize 70% of kogites speak Yoruba
what is the population of igala speaking people of kogi, or what is that of the igbira? so where is your 70% coming from?
or are you saying atleast 50% of the igalas and igbiras in kogi speaks yoruba?
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by Taylor94: 7:25pm On Oct 19, 2023
Ogamysamo:

what is the population of igala speaking people of kogi, or what is that of the igbira? so where is your 70% coming from?
or are you saying atleast 50% of the igalas and igbiras in kogi speaks yoruba?

My brother no mind me oo

Never been to Kogi neither do I know anyone from there

I only concluded they’re more of Yoruba because Tunde Ednut and Dino Melaye speaks Yoruba
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by Varunpulyani: 7:26pm On Oct 19, 2023
Kai

Nigeria is not ready yet Sha
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by yarimo(m): 7:53pm On Oct 19, 2023
And yet he didn't show example as lawmaker
Re: Dino Melaye To ‘recruit Graduates Into Agriculture’ As Kogi Governor by Ogamysamo: 8:53am On Oct 20, 2023
Taylor94:

My brother no mind me oo

Never been to Kogi neither do I know anyone from there

I only concluded they’re more of Yoruba because Tunde Ednut and Dino Melaye speaks Yoruba
oh! i was actually shocked when i saw the percentage thou, but all good. the major ethnic groups are igala and igbira before you can talk about yoruba. so long as kogi is concern but people from other ethnicity may understand and speak yoruba so well, no doubt to that. but it can't be as high as 35%

(1) (Reply)

Wike: Take Deliberate Action Against Gumi, Nabena Tells Presidency / Supreme Court Over, Back To Reality / EDO 2024: APC Will Take Over Edo;- says Ikhine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.