Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,753 members, 7,930,571 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 09:53 PM

LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs (26292 Views)

Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers / Apapa’s Camp Asked Court To Sack All LP Lawmakers-elect – Obi’s Faction Reveals / ‘it’s Deceitful’ – Soludo Replies Obi’s Call For Anambra To Vote LP Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2023
Urheadmaster:
cheesy

Labour Party lawmakers have been induced by Bola Ahmed Tinubu the cocaine sniffing vagabond tongue
Call Tinubu whatever name you like. His plans concerning that inducement is working perfectly.

1 Like

Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by highchief1: 4:43pm On Oct 20, 2023
Roboto11:
Hundeyin, this one no concern you?
hundeyin na yahoo boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Christistruth00: 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2023
After Abure finished selling the Labour Party Presidential Candidate Slot he is telling others like him not to collect their own Settlement
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Ikaeniyan0: 4:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
Gentlelox:
na ur papa be chairman ?
No b my papa o, nah Apapa be labour party chairman.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Gentlelox: 4:52pm On Oct 20, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
No b my papa o, nah Apapa be labour party chairman.
d one wey u appoint abi d one wey ur papa appoint ?
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Ikaeniyan0: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2023
Gentlelox:
d one wey u appoint abi d one wey ur papa appoint ?
The one wey court confirm as the chairman.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by PHAYOL81: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2023
Make Abure dey play. SUV wey them don collect for mind before the DRIVEs arrive at all
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Teenaira: 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
Urheadmaster:
cheesy

Labour Party lawmakers have been induced by Bola Ahmed Tinubu the cocaine sniffing vagabond tongue

Did you just write this ? If Labour Party members could be so easily induced, I think it is about time you decamp to another party so that the President, GCFR Bola Ahmed Tinubu will not induce you too.

1 Like

Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Emola12(m): 5:02pm On Oct 20, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
grin
Even Obi would take it if he were to be among and the OBIdient criminals will defend him

The supreme monkey only disguise. He's gbajue original
go and check Peter obi records in anambra about government properties stop disgusting here bro try to get sense sir
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Amaggedon: 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2023
Urheadmaster:
cheesy

The Labour Party lawmakers must've been induced by Bola Ahmed Tinubu not to listen to Abure. Even Obi would love to ride on SUVs worth N160m tongue.
Obi can afford with his own money na. You people think Obi is poor lol. The lobour party is trying to protest the high allowance the Law makers are earning but some how you people think its wrong which i dont know why. They federal goverment is telling us there is no money to increase workers salary but there is 160m to buy just car for law makers . How many civil servants earn upto 160m in their 35 years of service ? I dont know what is wrong with this set of people. Everyone must compromise for the country to work, unfortunately we have your type.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by comrChris(m): 5:03pm On Oct 20, 2023
LP law makers are the most luckiest people, some of them didn't even campaign,they got to that office through Obi's popularity. Many of them may not return.
Is it not the same people that could not reject 2million naira holiday allowance that will reject SUV?

1 Like

Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by 12inchess: 5:04pm On Oct 20, 2023
When they were campaigning were they going there in 160 million naira SUV. Awon olofo. PDP=APC=LP
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Nolevel666: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Mr Abure, ex-LP Chairman, was too hasty in his response.

When I first read about the cars, my first reaction is what is the alternative and is the alternative cheaper?
A Senator/HOR is not a cheap office in the level of governance and it's a demotivation if you don't give them a car and can't proffer alternative to how they can meet such need. Should they trek or take bolt or uber? If they use their private cars, who pays for their official visits on oversight?

I don't believe in profligacy but this one requires intelligent suggestions. Perhaps we should revisit the monetization of such needs as done during Pa Obj tenure. Check my signature for free stuffs!
Wetin do the ones wey first day?

When last did they buy?

If it appears reasonable to buy new ones since the former ones have outlasted their expected lifespan, then it probably is.

Nor be say the previous rep members don turn them to personal property and you expect us to be happy they are spending money on fresh ones again
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Reference(m): 5:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
Another proof that democracy simply is not working.
Most of the time power is sought for personal aggrandizement, not for the transformation of society.
Ask those lawmakers what makes for development and they will tell you it is either flyovers or palliatives.
They cannot found the king of ideologies that develop societies, that is, to root a value system that prospers whosoever or whatsoever is planted on it.

I am truly sorry for this country and sorry to say that my faith in Nigeria is almost gone.
There is no light whatsoever at the end of this tunnel.
No level of suffering to elevate the thinking of the Nigerian Negro.

It is almost time to call it quits.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by MT: 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/lp-lawmakers-shun-abure-set-to-collect-suvs/

Till Nigeria shifts their telescopes on :

1. The State Governors
2. The Senators
3. The House of Rep
4. The State House of Assemblies

There will never be a progress. The overly fixation on presidency is allowing those 4 evils listed above to perpetrate their frauds because attention is being shifted from them.

Why should Nigeria be buying vehicles for them after we have election. They will cart away the vehicles and all office resources. After next election, we will be buying again for newly elected members. This wastage is not sustainable, sadly the president who has no control over how they spend their money will be blamed for it again.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by seanfer(m): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
DMerciful:
Why are you happy that the politicians are shortchanging Nigerians?

I’m not happy that they’re shortchanging we the citizens.
But you people make me laugh whenever you say LP is different , forgetting that majority of the candidates under LP are crooks too, they’re just pretending no difference. The earlier you people realize this the better.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Chivik93(m): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
dre11:

https://punchng.com/lp-lawmakers-shun-abure-set-to-collect-suvs/
we know they deserve a vehicle, nothing bad in it, I think it way too expensive, if we keep following the trend of "if we can't bite them we join them" how are we going to change the current situation, how are we different from them,

We all have choosen to be wrong or planning to be wrong or are jealous of the people that are doing wrong, Not until we start thinking right, acting right, planning on how to do right,
Things will keep getting wrong as a people 😊 let's remain bless✌
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by litaninja(m): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2023

“My own stance is that I will take the SUV and use it to deliver dividends to my constituents.”

As per economic driver wey you be na. The country na joke
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Adabestseason(m): 5:41pm On Oct 20, 2023
The Federal Government has said it is facing enormous challenges and revenue deficit amid a growing population.

The Minister of Budget and National Planning, Atiku Bagudu, lamented that the Federal Government was struggling to pay salaries because there is no money.

Speaking in Abuja on Thursday, Bagudu urged non-governmental organisations to help the government to cover the spaces it could not.

He lamented that Nigeria’s population is fast increasing, adding that unemployment is surging amid high inflation rate.

According to the minister: “Government faces enormous challenges especially now; the government is facing a revenue deficit. There is no money anywhere in the country; the government is just managing to pay salaries.

“The growth rate is very slow and the population growth is fast pacing and increasing. Unemployment is surging in the midst of high inflation.”

This is coming amid reports that Tinubu approved the sum of N35,000 as wage award to all federal civil servants.

The new pay will be effective from 1 September 2023 as contained in a memo from the Presidency and signed by the Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, CEO of National Salaries, Incomes and Wages Commission, Ekpo U. O. Nta.

The circular was addressed to the Chief of Staff to the President, Deputy Chief of Staff to the President, Ministers and Ministers of State, Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Chairmen, Federal Commissions, Federal Permanent Secretaries, Clerk of the National Assembly, Secretary, National Judicial Council, Secretary, Federal Judicial Service Commission, Directors-General and Chief Executives of Parastatals, Agencies and Governments-Owned Companies Auditor-General for the Federation, Accountant-General of the Federation, Director-General, Budget Office of the Federation, and dated 19 October 2023.
Look at the correlations.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by RoyalEdoBoy: 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
Make una no collect, make una dey trek go sitting lolz[color=#000099][/color]
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by RoyalEdoBoy: 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
Lolz
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Pearljewels: 5:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
And government is managing to pay salaries of civil servants and public servants. Rent and peculiar allowance unpaid, palliative ? Yet splurging on lawmakers. Well done.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by bejick(m): 5:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

Mr Abure, ex-LP Chairman, was too hasty in his response.

When I first read about the cars, my first reaction is what is the alternative and is the alternative cheaper?
A Senator/HOR is not a cheap office in the level of governance and it's a demotivation if you don't give them a car and can't proffer alternative to how they can meet such need. Should they trek or take bolt or uber? If they use their private cars, who pays for their official visits on oversight?

I don't believe in profligacy but this one requires intelligent suggestions. Perhaps we should revisit the monetization of such needs as done during Pa Obj tenure. Check my signature for free stuffs!

where is the cars the last session used? so every four years they will be buying new set of cars only for it to disappear after four years
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Carlylepneuma: 6:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
U think dis L P guys are any better or different dan an APC or PDP politicians, u all are jokes.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by hopexter(m): 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2023
Racoon:
Any of the Labour Party NASS member who collected that SUV must be a bastards and may those Greek gift while this nation is in a sorry state of economic mess be the begining of their unending miseries. It will never be well with them.

They must not be rewarded with another opportunity
to goo to the NASS. Legislators in other climes are not fitted with money-buy overs or undeserving allowing or "money prayer messages"

Are you disappointed at your Messiahs whom you believe would change Nigeria? Even gbajue is waiting for his compensation for loosing election. Zombidients enter one chance grin grin

Las las the devil you know is better than the angels you don’t know grin Jagaban don buy the Angels wey zombidients voted into power with ordinary cars and they are now singing Jagaban’s praises and giving him 3 gbosas grin grin
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by optm(m): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2023
Vehicle to do their jobs? Hv they been trekking? Can their salaries and allowances not afford them a decent car already? They really do not care about governance but are after the benefits

1 Like

Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by Khallicopyro: 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
Who be fish wey no like water? Who be Monkey wey no like banana? If they refuse na them loose
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by youngrichnigga: 6:17pm On Oct 20, 2023
It is finished,😕😕😕

Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by highoctane: 6:19pm On Oct 20, 2023
Racoon:
Any of the Labour Party NASS member who collected that SUV must be a bastards and may those Greek gift while this nation is in a sorry state of economic mess be the begining of their unending miseries. It will never be well with them.

They must not be rewarded with another opportunity
to goo to the NASS. Legislators in other climes are not fitted with money-buy overs or undeserving allowing or "money prayer messages"

https://www.tuko.co.ke/facts-lifehacks/510262-mps-salary-kenya-monthly-allowances-grants-2023/#:~:text=The%20current%20basic%20salary%20of,the%20MP%20attends%20parliamentary%20sessions.
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by smartr: 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2023
DMerciful:
Watch how happy agbados will be that there's also corrupt LP lawmakers.

Such an irony!

Oga leave that thing. These reps don mess up. Can’t they request for cheaper SUVs? A whole 160million!!
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by DMerciful(m): 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2023
We are saying they should reject the SUV because Nigerians are suffering but agbados are mocking us for asking them to reject it
smartr:

Oga leave that thing. These reps don mess up. Can’t they request for cheaper SUVs? A whole 160million!!
Re: LP Lawmakers Shun Abure, Set To Collect Suvs by DMerciful(m): 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2023
We say the Obidients are different but we cannot vote Obi and Datti without a political party. Don't get it twisted
seanfer:

I’m not happy that they’re shortchanging we the citizens.
But you people make me laugh whenever you say LP is different , forgetting that majority of the candidates under LP are crooks too, they’re just pretending no difference. The earlier you people realize this the better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Seyi Makinde Congratulates Adeleke After Triumph At Osun Election Tribunal. Pics / 2023: Why PDP Must Not Zone Nigeria’s Presidency To The South – Kwankwaso / Election: INEC Failed Nigerians, Aggrieved Parties Should Go To Court –gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.