Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,391 members, 7,881,418 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:06 PM

Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi (327 Views)

2023 Elections: I’m Not Desperate For Power, Says Atiku / Babachir Lawal: I Did Not Tell Christians To Kill Muslims / Gumi Provides ‘Evidence’ On His Claim That Christian Soldiers Kill Muslims- Reno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by paxx: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2023
In an ethnoreligious charge to northern Muslims, Sheikh Ahmad Gumi says Christians should not be allowed to be president in Nigeria, claiming Christians perpetrate injustice, and kill Muslims whenever they are in power.

“During the (Muhammadu) Buhari presidency, a certain Christian cleric complained that Muslim officers were appointed heads of security organisations. My response was that Muslims would not use that as an advantage to maltreat anyone whether they’re Muslims or non-Muslims. In contrast, if they (Christians) are occupying those positions, they’ll destroy us,” Mr Gumi said.

Mr Gumi made the statement in a viral video of his sermon in which he reacted to rumours that Nyesom Wike, FCT minister, plans to demolish part of Abuja Central Mosque.

Speaking in Hausa, Mr Gumi justified former President Muhammadu Buhari’s nepotism that saw almost all security agencies headed by Muslims, saying Muslims’ nepotism does no harm to anyone.

He added that “there was an element of nepotism under Buhari, I reckon. But our (Muslim) nepotism is not evil (wicked) because it does no harm to anyone. If it cannot promote your interest, it won’t harm it either; here is the difference. That’s why I keep warning that power should not slip from our hands into theirs.

Mr Gumi, a retired solider, portrayed various military coups that claimed the lives of some northern Muslims like Sir Ahmadu Bello, the first Nigerian Prime Minister, Tafawa Balewa, former military head of state Murtala Muhammed, as a religious war led by Christians against Muslims but ignored the July 1966 coup that counters his extremist’s stance.

“Check the history, who murdered Sardauna (Sir Ahmadu Bello)? It was (Maj. Chukwuma Kaduna) Nzeogwu. Who murdered Murtala (Muhammed)? It was (Lt. Col. Buka) Dimka. As for (Ibrahim) Babangida, he narrowly escaped death; who was his aggressor? (Gideon) Orkar, a northern Christian. You see, once you give these people power, they’ll use it to destroy you,” Mr Gumi said.

“Again, let me repeat, as I said earlier, I replied to the Christian cleric that whether Muslim officers dominate all the security services, they don’t perpetrate injustice like the Christian officers; because they murdered Sardauna, Tafawa Balewa, Murtala, etc. In contrast, tell me which Christian leader was killed by Muslims. Yet they kept blabbing about Buhari’s so-called nepotism.”

According to Mr Gumi, sometime back during the Goodluck Jonathan era, I was invited to the SSS headquarters for a meeting; I met an officer who afterwards called to inform me that a hit squad, driving a certain Mercedes Benz 4matic model was detailed to attack me. They were instructed to go and hit Sheik Gumi.

The spokesperson for the SSS, Peter Afunnaya, declined Peoples Gazette’s request for comments on Mr Gumi’s remarks. A WhatsApp message sent to Mr Afunnaya was read, but he has yet to respond.

Northern Nigeria has been rocked by several ethnoreligious skirmishes that claimed many lives. Inciting statements from popular and influential religious figures like Mr Gumi could further damage the relative peace returning to a region ravaged by the Boko Haram insurgency.

Mr Gumi’s inciting comment could further polarise the country along religious lines, promoting religious intolerance among Nigerians.

https://gazettengr.com/christians-should-never-be-president-they-kill-muslims-when-in-power-gumi/

Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by ubest1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2023
Those idiot up northt that where gallivanting during PMB bigotry can't even bears 5 months of no free money, if the present guy not westernizing all appointment I would have appreciate him more for cutting them to size
Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by SadiqBabaSani: 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2023
I think Sheik is about to be exposed for links to terrorism and his just using this as a smokescreen

2 Likes

Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by Macphenson: 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
okoo
Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by paxx: 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
SadiqBabaSani:
I think Sheik is about to be exposed for links to terrorism and his just using this as a smokescreen

bro what exactly is going on with these Sheiks?
Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
Discrimination at a higher level
Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by insidelife22(m): 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2023
In saner climes, criminals and terrorists are either killed or jailed.

In my country, they are rewarded with power.

1 Like

Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by Jostoman: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2023
Obedient Stay away from this thread.
Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by Obiedun(m): 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2023
Jostoman:
Obedient Stay away from this thread.
Fear fear
Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by Emperormartin(m): 11:01pm On Oct 20, 2023
With the Likes of this man and some section of Nigeria upholding his statement, Biafra will never never die...

This kind of speech emboldens Biafran struggle and actualization.
Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by Westerhoffe(m): 11:20pm On Oct 20, 2023
He's only talking from his own perspective on how they intend to treat Christians when they're in power.
Re: Christians Should Never Be President; They Kill Muslims When In Power Says Gumi by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2023
angry angry In sane countries, animals like this Gumi are already arrested, prosecuted and sent to jail for inciting tribalistic antagonism and hate against a particular ethnic or religious group,but here in Nigeria,they are pampered and condoned.
This is exactly the reason why terrorism with its devastating effects can never,EVER be eliminated or even reduced in the North, even in twenty years time.
Inflammatory statements like that of the human animal,Gumi water, nurture and groom to full growth, potential terrorists out of the populace.
And this is most noticeable when those statements are coming from animals calling themselves Sheikhs,Imams and so forth.
That's one of the biggest issues with the Muslim North.

(1) (Reply)

Former A'ibom Gov. Udom Extends Support To Embattled Rivers State Gov Fubara / Gov. Otti Dusts PDP’s Okey Ahiwe Again At Supreme Court / The Whole Country Is Afraid Of This Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.