Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,840 members, 7,979,965 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 09:29 PM

Do You Believe Data From The National Bureau Of Statistics? Give Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Believe Data From The National Bureau Of Statistics? Give Reasons (281 Views)

Nigeria’s Inflation Rises To 34.19% In June 2024 - National Bureau of Statistic / Do You Believe Any Data From The National Bureau Of Statistics? Give Reasons / Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe Data From The National Bureau Of Statistics? Give Reasons by Akinomoakin021: 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
Have you ever come across NBS staff trying to gather data? That is one of the reasons I do not really believe any data coming from the National Bureau of Statistics.Besides, some of the data seem fake to me, as I always believe Nigerian corruption might have eaten deep into the data gathering system. Imagine NBS telling us that unemployment rate in Nigeria is 4%. Can anyone give reason they don’t believe in NBS from first hand experience here?

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe Data From The National Bureau Of Statistics? Give Reasons by successmatters(m): 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2023
Seems like you're underestimating thr destructive influences of the druggie?

Since 2015, the NBS has become a department of the APC, a propaganda wing of the government used to churn out fake statistics from their offices. Is it not easier to make a call to one high officer in APC and take an order that says;

"Publish that every hawker in Nigeria is from Ebonyi state "

Or

"Publish that Lagos indegenes are richer than Igbo immigrants "

This will keep the press busy, reno talking trash and the attention of the masses diverted while they are robbed blind by the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe Data From The National Bureau Of Statistics? Give Reasons by reiddecuti: 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2023
Likely will you see any government agency free of corruption and it stinks...
Re: Do You Believe Data From The National Bureau Of Statistics? Give Reasons by SoNature(m): 5:47am On Oct 21, 2023
Well, I believe it when they release internally generated revenue (IGR) data because the reports come from state.

Also, I believe their crime reports per state because they come from the Nigerian police stats and other security operatives, and I have no reason to doubt it.

Reports about poverty, unemployment, consumption and GDP are based on estimates that are vague or totally FALSE.
Re: Do You Believe Data From The National Bureau Of Statistics? Give Reasons by DMerciful(m): 7:57am On Oct 21, 2023
Not on the employment data. They change the standard
Akinomoakin021:
Have you ever come across NBS staff trying to gather data? That is one of the reasons I do not really believe any data coming from the National Bureau of Statistics.Besides, some of the data seem fake to me, as I always believe Nigerian corruption might have eaten deep into the data gathering system. Imagine NBS telling us that unemployment rate in Nigeria is 4%. Can anyone give reason they don’t believe in NBS from first hand experience here?

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Makurdi-naka Road AGAIN! / Whatsapp Is Banning Nigerians For No Reason / Estonia Welcomes Non-eu Citizens For Seasonal Employment Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.