Stats: 3,186,756 members, 7,930,585 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 10:17 PM

Why Do You Go To Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Go To Church? (5999 Views)

Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by jubrilELsudan: 10:02am On Oct 22, 2023
TO LOOK FOR KUKUNASE

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by wittywriter: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2023
Church going can be necessary for growth just like getting education...the kind of circle you keep has direct and indirect influence on oneself.

God1000:
Well, I hardly go to church these days, though I'm a good person to the core, I also obey God's commandments
Stop judging yourself...it makes you look crass.

Wizardslayer:
Because in Africa especially in Nigeria poverty and religion is seen as weapon of keeping the people and the population in check.

Wittyness
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Wizardslayer: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2023
Because in Africa especially in Nigeria poverty and religion is seen as weapon of keeping the people and the population in check.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Greigns: 10:12am On Oct 22, 2023
Because I have always seen His face in my lifetime..I do t cry to anyone else but Him,Who else should I give the glory to....it can only be God. Peace ....
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Myer(m): 10:14am On Oct 22, 2023
Wealthoptulent:

Na MEDICAL CENTRE for some people ... (mugu)
You're right.
Luke.5.31 - Jesus answered and said to them, "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.
Luke.5.32 - I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance."
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by sageb: 10:15am On Oct 22, 2023
Greigns:
Because I have always seen His face in my lifetime..I do t cry to anyone else but Him,Who else should I give the glory to....it can only be God. Peace ....

True
He's omnipresent
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by dododawa1: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2023
Thegamingorca:
Who will go to church? What has all the church going done for anyone? What has going to church done to help the fellow man? Dollar to naira now exchanges for 1190 to dollar
wetin concern Dollar to church?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Peppysco: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2023
I don't go to church anymore, note do I believe in any foreign religion because I've come to realize that it is all a scam to keep me mentally subdued.
The major reason for the frequent unrest in Israel, Palestine, Syria and other Arab countries is because the bible recorded that God asked the Israelites to posses other people's properties, by killing and annihilating the original owners, modern day laws are never that inconsiderate and inhuman, as such, can't follow that 'God' that permits that.
Also, despite all the atrocities of certain personalities in the bible, we still read that they're the apple of baba's eyes and as such, can't be touched. That to me is the highest point of partiality and totally negates the other messages the bible is trying to pass. Above all, I keep hearing that these things, as bad and inhuman as some of them are, you're not allowed to question the reason, that to me is a total red flag. Anyway, I'll keep all of my reasons to myself but, I'll never worship another man's tradition again.

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by magzey: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2023
What did the Bible say about going to Church ,any verse in the Bible say we should go to church? If yes When ? undecided
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by ichuka(m): 10:30am On Oct 22, 2023
The Church is a spiritual thing. Christians don't go to church, because the church is already in them.
Jesus says "when two or three are gathered in His name, He is there!! That's the church.
He also told the samaritan woman that, a time is coming that's now here, that true worshippers will worship the father in spirit and truth. Not going to the mountains or a building.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by GreatAchiever1: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2023
God1000:
Well, I hardly go to church these days, though I'm a good person to the core, I also obey God's commandments

Lol, the bolded na lie sha.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Justhere: 10:36am On Oct 22, 2023
Because everything is a scam last last.
Why creating the bad apple 🍎 tree, and said everything you created were good.
That is why I don't go to church

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by NaijaCover(m): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2023
To know if , will begin to get new update about NEWS PUBLICATION and thank God Almighty for everything ooooo
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Sweetvie: 11:08am On Oct 22, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:
I don't believe in going to church to make Heaven. What matters most is your personal relationship with your Maker and obeying His Commandments. If you must go,be discerning and watchful, because these days are perilous and false prophets and teachers outnumber the genuine ones at a ratio of 90% against 10%.
I go to church to hear the Word and compare the sermon of the pastor with the Bible,to see if they match.
Many so called men of God are adding to the Bible, removing from it, and manufacturing their own doctrines, misinterpreting the Scriptures.
That's why the Judgement of God must begin from the Church.
Moreover going to church doesn't necessarily make one a candidate for Heaven. Oftentimes the human incarnations of demons are seen regularly in churches. Walking embodiment of sexual immorality are found plentiful inside the church in various departments.
Well said!

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Iconic33: 11:11am On Oct 22, 2023
To praise and dance
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 11:18am On Oct 22, 2023
Sweetvie:
Well said!
Thanks a lot.

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by b0rn2fuck(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2023
Myer:

Interesting. Why did you stop going?

church wahala too much, I stopped going when I was told to mandatory join one society in church and secondly extortion when I was broke
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by blingxx(m): 11:33am On Oct 22, 2023
ayterajah:
We are created to serve God ....

Are you sure God created us to do this?
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Tobest94: 11:52am On Oct 22, 2023
AlphaNugget:
Sun October, 09:00:01 AM

💵 1 USD >>>>> ₦1,174.120
💷 1 GBP >>>>> ₦1,431.854
💶 1 EUR >>>>> ₦1,223.807
💶 1 CAD >>>>> ₦882.797

But Nigerians will say "Hey, lets all go to church"

angry so because of exchange rate we should stop going to church?
Misplaced priority
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Originalsly: 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2023
One time I was in Anglican Church .... truth be told ... I looked forward to going to church for communion ..... that "wine" was soooo fine!... actually I now want to believe it as grape juice .... Kedem Grape Juice. I stopped going after they limited me to one tiny sip.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by 4KNGOATS(m): 12:04pm On Oct 22, 2023
Myer:
On the previous thread we considered why so many have stopped going to church and thanks for the contributions.

For those who shared their experiences and also to those who encouraged them in love and good counsel, you're blessed in Jesus name.

As recommended on the thread, for those who are still going to church, kindly share your experience;

-Why ryou still go to church despite life's challenges?
-For those who stopped for some time, why did you return to church?;

The main reason why bachelors visit church is to search for a wife not for warship purposes. If na lie make anybody come block me.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Emeka71(m): 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2023
ayterajah:
We are created to serve God ....
To worship.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by 4KNGOATS(m): 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2023
All these hypocritical bunch of nowadays 4kn end time xtians
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2023
Sometimes to listen to the gospel musics, nothing else.

Because i know what's right to do as a Christian and not just to go and occupy space
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by blesdman(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Myer:

My thoughts exactly.
The prosperity/money gospel has actually chased so many believers from the church.
But don't you think it's better to find the church that preaches the true gospel rather than stop going to church altogether?
Be encouraged to go to church for the bonds and relationships which u create when u are there. Cos social connections are very vital in life
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by blesdman(m): 1:24pm On Oct 22, 2023
Onyiiobi7735:

You are absolutely correct.Going to church doesn't necessarily make one a candidate for Heaven.
Many times the most wicked and despicable humans go to church regularly.
Go to church for social connections. It does help if u view going to church that way regardless of what is preached

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Myer(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2023
4KNGOATS:

The main reason why bachelors visit church is to search for a wife not for warship purposes. If na lie make anybody come block me.

No matter what needs bring anyone to church, as long as they encounter Christ, it's fine.
Seek first the kingdom of God and all other needs will be added.
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2023
blesdman:

Go to church for social connections. It does help if u view going to church that way regardless of what is preached
You have a good point there,bro.It brings you in close contact with people who you may be seeing outside and helps to start off friendship and even relationships.

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by phemmyfour: 1:43pm On Oct 22, 2023
Myer:
On the previous thread we considered why so many have stopped going to church and thanks for the contributions.

For those who shared their experiences and also to those who encouraged them in love and good counsel, you're blessed in Jesus name.

As recommended on the thread, for those who are still going to church, kindly share your experience;

-Why ryou still go to church despite life's challenges?
-For those who stopped for some time, why did you return to church?;

It's was a command not a forget the assembly of the brethren

Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by kingthreat(m): 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2023
To have a personal relationship with God
Re: Why Do You Go To Church? by judedwriter(m): 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2023
The church in the real definition is not a building.

The church is a body of blood washed believers by Jesus Christ.

The church is a body of believers.

We come together to pray, worship, to support the gospel, to fellowship with one another and serve God as a church.

Why Is Pastor Chris A Fraud? / Occult Powers Of KASAKIKA Of Island Of Mozambique / See The Hair Style Pastor Adeboyes Son And His Wife Make That Spake Up Reaction