Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,472 members, 7,974,915 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:08 PM

Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? (6110 Views)

Has Any One Actually Seen This? / Why Do Some People Buy Cars And Decide To Sell It In Less Than 1 Year Of Useage? / Are Women Safer Drivers Than Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by SONIAADA(f): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2011
Do men actually buy cars to impress women or for luxury?
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by femmy2010(m): 4:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
I do not think d women are the main reason guys would buy a car.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by blacklion(m): 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
Married men, yes. Their wives usually dictate what car they buy and when.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by iice(f): 5:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
My SIL no go fit try am. Dictate wetin? grin

femmy2010:

I do not think d women are the main reason guys buy a car.
yeah numerous reasons
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Outstrip(f): 6:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
I doubt it. Why would a full grown man buy a car with the sole purpose of attracting women
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by femmy2010(m): 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2011
I wonder ooO.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2011
blacklion:

Married men, yes. Their wives usually dictate what car they buy and when.

Really? What sort of married men? I'm married, and my wife has never dictated what car I buy. She can suggest, and express her desire for a particular model, but unless I like it, it ain't happening. If she suggested a Toyota Camry, I'd politely consider it.

But I won't buy one, regardless.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by blacklion(m): 8:54pm On Oct 24, 2011
Siena:

I'm married, and my wife has never dictated what car I buy.

That's what you think! wink grin
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 24, 2011
blacklion:

That's what you think! wink grin

That's what I know bro. You know any car enthusiasts, that don't have a clear idea what car they intend to buy, and need their wife's input?

I don't. cool
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by tpia5: 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
I thought the main reason for buying a car was so you could get from point A to point B.

I could be wrong though.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Outstrip(f): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
Really though. Why would my husband want to buy a car and I even give any real input. I would not ask his input on the car I buy why would I want to to force him to do what I wouldn't want him to do to me. If anything it is the other way round. Especially with Nigerians. The only time it would make sense is if it is a family of 7 and the man goes out and gets a miata. There will be trouble then.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Outstrip(f): 9:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
tpia@:

I thought the main reason for buying a car was so you could get from point A to point B.

I could be wrong though.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 24, 2011
It's usually for both, but then owning a car does not mean luxury.

Makes sense to buy it because of a woman. More romantic if you can get her from point A to B when you guys are together. As much as women love to walk, we can't walk with heavy loads. Eventually, you're going to have to get one to show her that you're ready for a family (cant be walking with 5 kids on the road nau).
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by pkv(m): 10:33pm On Oct 24, 2011
SONIA ADA:

is any of those d reasons why ur hubby bought a car?!
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by harakiri(m): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2011
If women are the reason i struggle too hard to make a good life for myself (and buy cars), then i wish i sleep and die before morning! ! !

1 Like

Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 24, 2011
harakiri:

If women are the reason i struggle too hard to make a good life for myself (and buy cars), then i wish i sleep and die before morning! ! !

LMAO! grin grin grin
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Nickydrake(m): 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2011
Women?? [snorts]. The way i see things, a good car is it's own reward. wink
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by seedord247(m): 11:08pm On Oct 24, 2011
Undoubtedly Capital Yes

Ask those Igbo Boyz they will give you the reason why they buy luxuries Car.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by emmatok(m): 11:36pm On Oct 24, 2011
SONIA ADA:

In Nigeria!!! YES,

not all men though

But i tell you most Nigerian Babes trip for man with cars. Even if na V- BEETLES. grin grin grin grin
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by eminemkayc: 11:52pm On Oct 24, 2011
nope op. didnt buy my car cos of ny lady. was just tired of d absence of BRT buses at berger evry mornin cosin long queues at d busstop. . .
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by tpia5: 11:54pm On Oct 24, 2011
i was about to ask if people no longer buy cars because they need them to get to work?

maybe i'm out of touch.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by r231(m): 11:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
SONIA ADA:

maybe in your village grin
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Bossman(m): 12:23am On Oct 25, 2011
I would not say so. At least not for me. It's more of a "time for a luxury car" thing. At some point in our lives, one just decides it's time. What's the point in buying a luxury car and can barely pay for it or living from check-to-check. However, for me, once other things are taken care of home, kids school, investments, etc. Then any extra can be put towards what one really likes. In my case, at least that's how I approach it.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by tpia5: 12:26am On Oct 25, 2011
these "gape mouth" threads asking s.tupid questions, are so annoying.

oh, i saw somebody doing this, and i dont, so why do they do that.

somebody has such and such a thing, and i dont, so why do they have it.

the i.diocy level of some posters is astounding.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by seedord247(m): 12:32am On Oct 25, 2011
tpia@:

these "gape mouth" threads asking s.tupid questions, are so annoying.

oh, i saw somebody doing this, and i dont, so why do they do that.

somebody has such and such a thing, and i dont, so why do they have it.

the i.diocy level of some posters is astounding.

Brooo . . . am not sounding offensive. You were once in that plight, You should be thanking Baba God for relocating you.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by tpia5: 12:40am On Oct 25, 2011
^^i grew up poor in nigeria and i have also not had it easy as an adult.

i dont waste my time ogling what other people have that i dont, and i didnt do that when i was growing up either.

am i weird?

if someone is riding a jaguar while i have a 15 year old car that rattles every other day, what i do is work towards getting a more functional car, not grumble and throw evil eyes at others for being better off than me.

i dont know about you, but i simply dont feel the need to give myself tension over irrelevancies.

likewise when i was jumping on molues in lagos i didnt concern myself with the area boys (and even the legitimately rich people) i saw driving the latest jeeps.

that's just the way i live my life and i suppose i'm an unusual species?
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by kabukabu50(m): 12:54am On Oct 25, 2011
tpia@:

^^i grew up poor in nigeria and i have also not had it easy as an adult.

i dont waste my time ogling what other people have that i dont, and i didnt do that when i was growing up either.

am i weird?

if someone is riding a jaguar while i have a 15 year old car that rattles every other day, what i do is work towards getting a more functional car, not grumble and throw evil eyes at others for being better off than me.

i dont know about you, but i simply dont feel the need to give myself tension over irrelevancies.

likewise when i was jumping on molues in lagos i didnt concern myself with the area boys (and even the legitimately rich people) i saw driving the latest jeeps.

that's just the way i live my life and i suppose i'm an unusual species?

The question here is not about driving a brand new luxury car, coolIts about choosing what you like to drive, which does not have to be new, I could give a rats behind about what any woman wants to see me drive, as a car guy,as long as I'm paying for it my darn self.

BTW there are many 15 year old cars that I would take over the plasticky,overweight cocoons that are produced these days.

A mans car is his last bastion of freedom from the soul eating demands of soceity, be it at home or at work. coolI'll jump into a lake first before a woman tells me what to drive, I don't go in the kitchen to tell her what to cook??
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by seedord247(m): 12:58am On Oct 25, 2011
So you won dey tell me say You grew up without no shoe like Our current president?? cheesy cheesy

I thank God for my papa wey let me know Is far better for you to leave face and face You and have Unending peace rather than leaving in a mansion

without a minute happiness.

we all want to leaving large like celebrities, politicians, Footballers, Bank MD, and we never tend to look at the root of how they get those things

or how they got to that post.

well sha  as for me . . .  I knew still want more than my present position, it's just a matter of time I go get there.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by lagcity(m): 1:00am On Oct 25, 2011
Well, it depends on the type of car. Luxury cars are status symbols that make both men and women notice you. I know this doesn't apply to all women but when some women see a guy in a fresh jaguar convertible, they say, "ooo la la, i'm gonna fork him." And men know this.
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by john20166: 1:24am On Oct 25, 2011
the real question should be "are women actually the motivating factor why men buy luxury cars?"
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 25, 2011
I will buy a tank because some girls need bombing, !!!
Re: Are Women Actually The Motivating Factor Why Men Buy Cars? by tpia5: 2:27am On Oct 25, 2011
kabukabu50:

The question here is not about driving a brand new luxury car, coolIts about choosing what you like to drive, which does not have to be new, I could give a rats behind about what any woman wants to see me drive, as a car guy,as long as I'm paying for it my darn self.

BTW there are many 15 year old cars that I would take over the plasticky,overweight cocoons that are produced these days.

A mans car is his last bastion of freedom from the soul eating demands of soceity, be it at home or at work. coolI'll jump into a lake first before a woman tells me what to drive, I don't go in the kitchen to tell her what to cook??

i think your post is meant for the thread starter?

this thread is one of the d.umbest yet in this place and as usual i see insecure males jumping up to bash women as is their wont?

any agege bread buying car just to impress a woman, na him sabi nah- its his business.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Toyota Carina 1998 Emit Black Smoke Thirstier Than A Vampire / Photos: Man Buried In His Hummer SUV Instead Of Casket. See Pic / Top 10 Causes Of Car Fires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.