Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,732 members, 7,979,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 09:31 AM

Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? (4968 Views)

Which Corrupt Yoruba Politician(s) Do Yorubas Hate Like Igbos Hate OUK, Okorocha / Do Yorubas Hate Igbos? / The Reason Most Yorubas Hate Atiku Is Because Of Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by onumadu: 2:22am On Oct 25, 2023
Pristine664:

But why will a normal Yoruba person hunt for Igbo genes??
I know that you know you are saying rubbish but you just want to feel good about yourself. grin

No, statistics don't lie.
If you see Yoruba/Igbo marriage, it is about 90%+ Yoruba MEN marrying Igbo women. WHY?
Igbo men don't marry Yoruba women. QED.
Igbo men fk Yoruba women though, but NEVER marry them. WHY?
Whenever an Igbo man starts looking for someone to bear his children, he heads to the East.
Your men chase after Igbo women to marry, and since Igbo are (for now) mostly monogamous, there are always LEFTOVER Igbo women which Yoruba men marry.
Yep, na so e dey happen.
But soon, Igbo will start revisiting the monogamy nonsense to make sure you lots don't find any leftovers to steal our genes from.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by ariesbull: 4:31am On Oct 25, 2023
Odin13:
The enemies of Ndiigbo are Yoruba tribe ... no need for sweet talk
The Yoruba tribe sees igbos as competitors.. this igbos caresless..
you build a house a Yoruba man puts eyes for you omo Igbo

No other tribe in Nigeria cares less about the success of an Igbo man in his environment except Yoruba

... the enemies of the North are igbos.. the hate Muslim and anything Islamic .. even when the north has accepted them on business bases

75% of igbos outside east live in the North. 15, in Lagos.south south and middle belt shares the rest.

.. the north hate no one .. but religiously different with all Christians .. weda na north south west east.. it matters less to a northern Muslim

For Yoruba to survive .. the embrace both religion

No tribe really sen Yoruba people.. because of their names tribal nature..and the travel less within Nigeria ..
The few that travels always live in cluster among themselves and hardly mix with other tribe unlike the other tribes in Nigeria that careless or less conscious about others

This is the Nigeria reality.

Any human not saying this truth or trying to paint it is a troll.

True
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by ariesbull: 4:32am On Oct 25, 2023
onumadu:

If you see Yoruba/Igbo marriage, it is about 90%+ Yoruba MEN marrying Igbo women. WHY?
Whenever an Igbo man starts looking for someone to bear his children, he heads to the East.
Your men chase after Igbo women to marry, and since Igbo are (for now) mostly monogamous, there are always LEFTOVER Igbo women which Yoruba men marry.
Yep, na so e dey happen.
But soon, Igbo will start revisiting the monogamy nonsense to make sure you lots don't find any leftovers to steal our genes from.

Why marry Yoruba when you have prettier Igbo babes and Niger Delta babes we have same culture with !

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Winneepye: 7:03am On Oct 25, 2023
ariesbull:

Why marry Yoruba when you have prettier Igbo babes and Niger Delta babes we have same culture with !

The truth of the matter is that most Ibo men are traders who stay in the market with the paraga girls they don't have access to classy yoruba girls. Those classy girls always reject them because they don't meet their standards so they have no choice than to stay within their class.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by OloYeOfEgbE: 7:17am On Oct 25, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Come out and say it loud if dem born your father well that nnyamiris like you own Ikotun ! Mtchew,village dwelling monkey from Alaigbo !

Now you dey play...

I remain Egbe 1
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by VEHINTOLAR: 7:24am On Oct 25, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:

Now you dey play...

I remain Egbe 1

Ode,you can remain village dwelling monkey that you're for all I care ! The challenge is;if you're a true son of your criminal father from Alaigbo,come out now, that's if you're in Lagos,and say that nyanmiris own Ikotun ! Let's see if that your flat head will still stand on your stupid neck ! A primitive villager like you ,what's the panelgyric of your orangutan-like forebears in any part of Yoruba land,a very shameless insecured mofo from hell !

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by OloYeOfEgbE: 1:58pm On Oct 25, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

Ode,you can remain village dwelling monkey that you're for all I care ! The challenge is;if you're a true son of your criminal father from Alaigbo,come out now, that's if you're in Lagos,and say that nyanmiris own Ikotun ! Let's see if that your flat head will still stand on your stupid neck ! A primitive villager like you ,what's the panelgyric of your orangutan-like forebears in any part of Yoruba land,a very shameless insecured mofo from hell !

Trash
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by eleniyan2020: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2023
Odin13:
The enemies of Ndiigbo are Yoruba tribe ... no need for sweet talk
The Yoruba tribe sees igbos as competitors.. this igbos caresless..
you build a house a Yoruba man puts eyes for you omo Igbo

No other tribe in Nigeria cares less about the success of an Igbo man in his environment except Yoruba

... the enemies of the North are igbos.. the hate Muslim and anything Islamic .. even when the north has accepted them on business bases

75% of igbos outside east live in the North. 15, in Lagos.south south and middle belt shares the rest.

.. the north hate no one .. but religiously different with all Christians .. weda na north south west east.. it matters less to a northern Muslim

For Yoruba to survive .. the embrace both religion

No tribe really sen Yoruba people.. because of their names tribal nature..and the travel less within Nigeria ..
The few that travels always live in cluster among themselves and hardly mix with other tribe unlike the other tribes in Nigeria that careless or less conscious about others

This is the Nigeria reality.

Any human not saying this truth or trying to paint it is a troll.

yoruba travel less because they don't travel to southeast...yoruba has more population than igbo in northern Nigeria, UK,US...you come here de yarn rubbish!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by eleniyan2020: 2:48pm On Oct 25, 2023
killsmith:
Yarubas have been brainwashed and enslaved by the ruling tribal and political class to hate igbo people. Tinubu peddled and sold the igbo hate to keep lagos to himself. Igbos pay taxes regularly and have live peacefully with the yorubas in lagos since the 1920's. But somehow, the ruling class manipulate the yorubas into believing igbos have plans to take over Lagos, and the yorubas foolishly believe and vote according to the interest of the criminal ruling class.
na rubbish you de talk...we should vote obi and Chinedu gbadebo on what purpose...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by eleniyan2020: 2:53pm On Oct 25, 2023
Figger:
So why did he loose in his own state to the same person he supposedly beat black and blue. What an irony
because APC is Muslim Muslim ticket that is just the reason why,but now which yoruba go vote this bigotry obi...
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by ariesbull: 5:46am On Oct 28, 2023
Winneepye:

The truth of the matter is that most Ibo men are traders who stay in the market with the paraga girls they don't have access to classy yoruba girls. Those classy girls always reject them because they don't meet their standards so they have no choice than to stay within their class.
and who told you that most Igbo men are traders

In my family nobody is trader ...the truth is that why should I marry a Yoruba land when I have prettier Igbo woman or Niger Delta

Even Yoruba men that are rich don't even marry their women ...look at their elites they pray for Igbo genes
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by alizma: 6:57am On Oct 28, 2023
Dpatriotng:
It seems the real enemies of Igbos are Hausas/Fulanis... But the hate and destructive competition we often witness on social media is between Igbos and Yorubas.

Is it true that Hausas/Fulanis have been able to infiltrate and influence yoruba culture through inter-marriage and religion but haven't been so successful when it comes to Igbo culture?
I think it's happening because they are most close friends among the tribes. Chances are, that a man and his wife will have more number of misunderstanding than they both have with any other person out there but fortunately, they resolve move easily than they resolve with every other person else.
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Putinofrussia: 7:34am On Oct 28, 2023
Pristine664:

But why will a normal Yoruba person hunt for Igbo genes??
I know that you know you are saying rubbish but you just want to feel good about yourself. grin
grin
Na craziness dey worry dat guy.
Why will a real,normal Yoruba want an Osu,slave,hate filled Gene?

Yoruba,the owner of one of the greatest Empire in Africa,the most educated,richest and most achieved people either in Nigeria or
abroad (as Nigerians),the only Nobel Laurel holders,the only multiple Grammy holders,the owners of the Music and Entertainment industry,the only people recognised in the Americas and Europe deem fit as to be in their governments?
Oh my! Osu,you are gravely deluded cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 28, 2023
Righthussle:
I wish the two tribes will leave the union with their hatred.

Where is the union?
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Putinofrussia: 7:53am On Oct 28, 2023
ariesbull:
and who told you that most Igbo men are traders

In my family nobody is trader ...the truth is that why should I marry a Yoruba land when I have prettier Igbo woman or Niger Delta

Even Yoruba men that are rich don't even marry their women ...look at their elites they pray for Igbo genes

Find out why it is not easy for a Yoruba girl to marry an Igbo boy.The church is minimizing that gradually now but it is going to take some time.
The reason is mainly because of Igbos' history of cannibalism.
Most parents warn their girls not to marry Igbos because they will eat them in the 'long run'.
Things are changing but that belief is still there
Yorubas like varieties.They are very liberal,likeable and loving people whose ladies were some of the first Africans to be married to whites and other Africans.
I can remember that Kofi Anan,the former UN scribe,married a Yoruba woman.
The main reason you will see Yoruba girls marrying Edo,Hausa,Kogi etc and not wanting to marry an Igbo is because of their belief that Igbos still have that cultural cannibalistic tendency which is not isolated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Uchek(m): 8:21am On Oct 28, 2023
You went to war to kill millions of innocent Igbos for a country Awo called "A MERE GEOGRAPHICA EXPRESSION.

hegelian:

im a yoruba man and we dont hate igbos neither does igbo hate yoruba..only tinubu minions hate igbo and its all for political gains to deflect the real issues they are guilty of...if tinubu fall down and die today, yoruba race will have peace and the fight will be shifted within them tinubu boys and nigerians shall finally be free..what we had before was healthy rivalry which is fun and progressive until tinubu enter national politics with Buhari and tsunami was let loose..the greatest undoing for nigerians in tinibu moving from regional power broker to national..it destroyed every fabrics of the nation and we are even yet to feel the full weight of it...
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Uchek(m): 8:24am On Oct 28, 2023
GOD BLESS U!

Antivirus92:
Let me say the naked truth, there is no love lost between Igbos and Yoruba. If the word "hate" is too strong, then let me put it this way,
Yorubas don't like Igbos, they champion the course of instigating Igbo hatred throughout Nigeria. Whether political or real, I don't know.
They're perpetually afraid of Igbo being recognised or praised above them. A Yoruba can forfeit food for a week just to be online and portray Igbos in bad light. Anybody can talk and make noise in Nigeria, it's acceptable to a Yoruba as long as it's not from an Igbo person. So the truth is , Yorubas don't like Igbos, whether online or offline. I don't believe in sugarcoating words. We only tolerate ourselves. The funny thing is that the same Yorubas will do everything humanly possible to have Igbo gene in their bloodline. Igbos on the other hand because of the civil war and how the Yorubas always try to call them out and paint them black don't also like Yorubas.
In fact, there's no love anywhere in Nigeria, contempt against the Igbo man unites the whole Nigeria and when the Igbo steps aside, an endless internal war of dominance is seen among the other ethnic groups.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by onumadu: 8:26am On Oct 28, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Find out why it is not easy for a Yoruba girl to marry an Igbo boy.The church is minimizing that gradually now but it is going to take some time.
Most parents warn their girls not to marry Igbos because they will eat them in the 'long run'.
Yorubas like varieties.They are very liberal,likeable and loving people whose ladies were some of the first Africans to be married to whites and other Africans.
The main reason you will see Yoruba girls marrying Edo,Hausa,Kogi etc and not wanting to marry an Igbo is because of their belief that Igbos still have that cultural cannibalistic tendency which is not isolated.

E pain dis one well well. grin
What are your people doing with the heads they've mined?
This your projection of YOUR practices on others would not be left unchallenged,
That is why Igbo men avoid your genes, while your men hunt ours.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by copyrites: 8:29am On Oct 28, 2023
Joblessness
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by onumadu: 8:36am On Oct 28, 2023
Antivirus92:
Let me say the naked truth, there is no love lost between Igbos and Yoruba. If the word "hate" is too strong, then let me put it this way,
Yorubas don't like Igbos, they champion the course of instigating Igbo hatred throughout Nigeria. Whether political or real, I don't know.
They're perpetually afraid of Igbo being recognised or praised above them. A Yoruba can forfeit food for a week just to be online and portray Igbos in bad light. Anybody can talk and make noise in Nigeria, it's acceptable to a Yoruba as long as it's not from an Igbo person. So the truth is , Yorubas don't like Igbos, whether online or offline. I don't believe in sugarcoating words. We only tolerate ourselves. The funny thing is that the same Yorubas will do everything humanly possible to have Igbo gene in their bloodline. Igbos on the other hand because of the civil war and how the Yorubas always try to call them out and paint them black don't also like Yorubas.
In fact, there's no love anywhere in Nigeria, contempt against the Igbo man unites the whole Nigeria and when the Igbo steps aside, an endless internal war of dominance is seen among the other ethnic groups.

The bolded words is proof of cognitive dissonance on the part of the Yoruba, and proof of Igbo not being happy to remain in the same country with Yoruba.
Like I said before, the Igbo can share a country with almost any other ethnic group in Africa, EXCEPT Yoruba!
Reason being that it is very difficult to have a RATIONAL relationship with the Yoruba.
I mean, how do you coexist with a person who thinks you are the devil, and yet hold onto you and your genes for survival and breath of fresh air?
That is madness of the highest proportion.
The best thing anybody anywhere can do for Nigeria is to separate the Igbo from the Yoruba before a war starts there.
The Igbo tolerance of the madness will not be indefinite.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Putinofrussia: 3:13pm On Oct 28, 2023
onumadu:

Yep, na so e dey happen.
lol
You mean your
Igbo gene?
Slave gene?
Covetuosness gene?
Ritualists gene?
Stupidity gene?
Hate gene?
Envy gene?
Cannibal gene?
Who wants all these devilish genes?
Why will a real,normal Yoruba want an Osu,slave,hate filled gene?
A gene that makes you eat people,that makes Thailand,South Africa,Ghana etc hate you like excreta.

Yoruba,the owner of one of the greatest Empire in Africa,the most educated,richest and most achieved people either in Nigeria or
abroad (as Nigerians),the only Nobel Laurel holders,the only multiple Grammy holders,the owners of the Music and Entertainment industry,the only people recognised in the Americas and Europe deem fit as to be in their governments?
Oh my! Osu,you are gravely deluded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by ariesbull: 3:14pm On Oct 28, 2023
Putinofrussia:

It is men that chase women ...and not women that chase men

Igbo men aren't chasing Yoruba ladies ...why chase them when you have better,neater and cleaner Igbo and Niger Delta ladies

Even in music Yoruba musicians sing about Igbo girls beauty

Igbo men that married Yoruba girl is seen as a man that has no taste or efulefu

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by ariesbull: 3:16pm On Oct 28, 2023
It shocks me how when a yoruba man hits big and get rich they dont marry their yoruba women. Why??
They always marry igbo women

If igbo man get rich he marries igbo woman
But yoruba man will ignore his tribe women and go marry igbo women

Davido grandmother is igbo
His uncle Gov Adeleke married igbo wife
Davido then followed family tradition and married chioma
Obasanjo wife that year stella is igbo

Governor Akeredolu marry igbo wife
El rufai son marry igbo wife
Tinubu son Seyi marry igbo wife
Otedola go marry Wife Nana from Ghana

Notice how they all dogde their yoruba women once they taste big money..

https://www.nairaland.com/7691310/why-rich-yoruba-men-marry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by onumadu: 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2023
ariesbull:
It shocks me how when a yoruba man hits big and get rich they dont marry their yoruba women. Why??

Hehehe! Eziokwu chineke. grin
But they will come here to talk rubbish.,,
Why are they running away from their own women?
I'll tell you why ...
It is because their women carry genetic traits they don't want in their children. QED.
Sometimes I pity them though, because their plight is obvious. But because they hate us, they deserve no pity from us. cool
They covet the same ethnic group they hate.
It is a very tough mental situation to live with.
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Putinofrussia: 4:23pm On Oct 28, 2023
onumadu:

Hehehe! Eziokwu chineke. grin
But they will come here to talk rubbish.,,
Why are they running away from their own women?
I'll tell you why ...
It is because their women carry genetic traits they don't want in their children. QED.
Sometimes I pity them though, because their plight is obvious. But because they hate us, they deserve no pity from us. cool
They covet the same ethnic group their hate.
It is a very tough mental situation to live with.
lol
You are very excited that the great Yoruba people are marrying your Igbo culture demonized girls/women.
Well,your girls are in millions in Yorubaland,mostly in ashawo houses,let Yoruba guys marry up to even 500 before you begin to show your excitement and happiness now.
Yoruba guys marry their Yoruba beautiful ladies in millions to maintain that great,progressive,positive Yoruba gene.
You are right to be thankful to your amafioha. cheesy
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by onumadu: 4:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
Putinofrussia:

lol
You mean your
Igbo gene?
Slave gene?
Covetuosness gene?
Ritualists gene?
Stupidity gene?
Hate gene?
Envy gene?
Cannibal gene?
Who wants all these devilish genes?
Why will a real,normal Yoruba want an Osu,slave,hate filled gene?
A gene that makes you eat people,that makes Thailand,South Africa,Ghana etc hate you like excreta.

Oh my! Osu,you are gravely deluded.

That truth really pained you well well. grin shocked
But that is the point. cool
Yap on ... but stay away from our babes.
Prove me wrong ... stick with your "angelic" women that everyone is running away from including you. lol .

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by onumadu: 4:36pm On Oct 28, 2023
Putinofrussia:
lol
You are very excited that the great Yoruba people are marrying your Igbo culture demonized girls/women.
Well,your girls are in millions in Yorubaland,mostly in ashawo houses,let Yoruba guys marry up to even 500 before you begin to show your excitement and happiness now.
Yoruba guys marry their Yoruba beautiful ladies in millions to maintain that great,progressive,positive Yoruba gene.
You are right to be thankful to your amafioha. cheesy

And your culture nurture women, but cannot produce women in the mold and class of world beaters like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, and Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie? TRUE WORLD LEADERS IN THEIR FIELDS.
And there are many others like them in Igboland, which is why your men rush them.
Show me a Yoruba equivalent of these great African women. But your culture respect women more than Igbo culture.
The days of dominating media (with unchallenged lies) are gone.
I've stated here that you marry LEFTOVERS because we (for now) practice strict monogamy.
So there will always be leftovers.
But our men are adjusting now slowly. Example Ned Nwoko.
Soon you will not find those even leftover Igbo women to snag.
Your men have never out-competed Igbo men in any open field of competition: Be it Military, Business, Education, Innovation etc.
The only place you have so far managed to hold a slight edge is in the conspiratorial Nigerian politics (mostly due to the last civil war).
But even that will change. Na time.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Putinofrussia: 5:38pm On Oct 28, 2023
onumadu:

That truth really pained you well well. grin shocked
But that is the point. cool
Yap on ... but stay away from our babes.
Prove me wrong ... stick with your "angelic" women that everyone is running away from including you. lol .

lol
You are right to be thankful to your amafioha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by Putinofrussia: 5:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
ariesbull:

Your women drink dirty,stinking corpse water,shave their flat heads grin ,don't take their baths for 7 days or more,don't inherit etc.
The tens married by Yoruba guys are free and on top of the world for escaping barbarity and wickedness.

You are grinning from the happiness that Yoruba guys are noticing your suffering females but you could only count less than 10 but Yoruba guys are in millions...lol.
I bet you are very,super excited that the great Yoruba people are marrying your Igbo culture demonized girls/women.

You are right to be thankful to your chi for the small mercies sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by ariesbull: 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
Putinofrussia:

Your women drink dirty,stinking corpse water,shave their flat heads grin ,don't take their baths for 7 days or more,don't inherit etc.
The tens married by Yoruba guys are free and on top of the world for escaping babarity and wickedness.

You are grinning from the happiness that Yoruba guys are noticing your suffering females but you could only count less than 10 but Yoruba guys are in millions...lol.
I bet you are very,super excited that the great Yoruba people are marrying your Igbo culture demonized girls/women.

You are right to be thankful to your chi for the small mercies sha.

LoL

Is that sooo
Re: Why Do Igbos And Yorubas Hate Each Other So Much? by onumadu: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2023
Putinofrussia:

lol
You are right to be thankful to your amafioha.

So, you admit that you marry ashawo you find in Lagos.
Thanks for being honest.
Lagos belongs to ALL Nigerians, and you will find ashawos from all parts of Nigeria (even west africa sef) there.
But I hear that your married women are more available and provide better services than ashawos. shocked
That is why your men resort to "magun" to keep them in check.
Your bad genes apart, that is part of why Igbo men never marry your women.
Who needs a wife that he has to literally lock up her VG with padlock, else some other man will sow in her garden? lol
What can you do without magun?
Sorry o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Former Emir Sanusi's Fraud Further Exposed / Governor Fashola Lacks The Will Power To Tame Lagos Agberos / Whatever Happened To Buhari's Christian Daughter Married To An Igbo Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.