Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,198 members, 7,873,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. (1180 Views)

17 Impeached Deputy Governors Since 1999 / Rivers State Governors Since 1999 / Imo, Zamfara, Oyo, Ekiti: Rate Your Governors Since Power Changed Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by mokwechineme: 8:32pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nigeria in general has had very hard luck in their governors. Infact the various presidents have outperformed the governors. If the governors since 1999 have performed even averagely, Nigeria would have been a prosperous nation. The state executives have hidden under the cover of the searchlight solely on the national government to be extremely docile, passive and nonchalant in the development of the country. They have diverted and squandered funds meant for their various states. While the federal government is beset and confronted with the basic issues, needs and necessities of the Nigerian masses, the state executives are majorly interested in white elephant projects in total neglect and disregard of the basic and primary needs of the people

In the ineptitude, mismanagement, nonchalance and disregard that characterised the governorship experience in Nigeria, few governors however stood out - Sam Egwu, Dave Umahi, Ambode, Donald Duke, Emmanuel Udom, El Rufai, Peter Obi, Chris Ngige, Yaradua, Alex Otti.

In the above list four(4) stood out and they will be itemised from bottom to the top.

3 In the third position are Emmanuel Udom - immediate past governor of Akwaibom and Donald Duke - former governor of Cross River state. Emmanuel Udom transformational stride was very expansive and he was the best Akwaibom had since 99.
Donald Duke shared the third spot wuth Emmanuel Udom. His achievements in tourism and cleanliness led to the state hosting the Miss World Beauty Pageant. He also achieved a lot in Agriculture, Education and Transportation.

2 Sitting in second position is Alex Otti '- current governor of Abia state. Even though he is just barely five months into the governorship Abia, a state with a terrible history of state administrations have been finally blessed with a heaven's sent in the person of Alex Otti. In just five months, Abians are already feeling the impact of a working government. He promised he wont collect penny in salary because he is in Abia to render a total selfless service and i wish Abians the very best because they ve suffered in the hands of past administrations.

1 In the first spot is Peter Obi - former governor of Anambra state. He won the governorship with an unknown party at that time but was denied the mandate by the then godfathers. Anambra then was a ghetto state controlled by series of godfathers - Emeka Offor, the Uba brothers etc. He fought for his nandate for three years and eventually won in ciurt and went on to kill and bury godfatherism in Anambra politics. Before he came in, Anambra was a ghetto state as i stated earlier. There is virtually no development whatsoever apart from the few roads Ngige did. Enugu(042) as former capital of Anambra before the creation of state in 1991 carving out Enugu from Anambra was where Anambra allocations and IGR went and from 1991to 2003, Anambra was controlled by drug lords and godfathers. Anambra was the very worst in everything.

Obi came in and within 3 years took Anambra to first in education, security, creation of numerous new urban areas and the list is endless.
He met an indebted state and while leaving office left in the state coffers, cash deposit of 75billion among other investments.

Do you agree with this list or do you feel there are some past or present governors that should or shouldnt be part of the list??

1 Like

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by Nigercity: 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2023
They list should have been
3rd position Donald Duke
2nd position fashola
1st position Dave umahi

1 Like

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by White000(f): 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2023
Lol
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by Scream(m): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2023
Nigercity:
They list should have been
3rd position Donald Duke
2nd position fashola All the other
1st position Dave umahi

3rd position Donald Duke...developed where the state had comparative advantage...went all the way to erect a big white elephant project, he did not get people with requisite knowledge and experience to manage it. Did not construct light rail to ease transportation to the place. Today, we have a symbol of good idea, poor execution.

2nd position fashola All the other former governors in the state and the present put together have not achieved 90% of Ambode 's achievements. On Detective Fash...do you remember the website and boreholes?! Minister of Dar...

1st position Dave umahi White elephant projects man....he did little to increase the wealth of the state...Do you know that there was Abakiliki Rice? What did he do to improve and increase production, empower the people and grow the economy of the state? Nothing! It is not by building useless local international, markets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by EcoNews: 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2023
I guess Peter Obi with the brewery worth next to nothing n invisible Onitsha rail will be the first second n third on your list.

Many of you foolish obidient ipob Igbos do not cease to amuse me walahi.

Scream:

3rd position Donald Duke...developed where the state had comparative advantage...went all the way to erect a big white elephant project, he did not get people with requisite knowledge and experience to manage it. Did not construct light rail to ease transportation to the place. Today, we have a symbol of good idea, poor execution.

2nd position fashola All the other former governors in the state and the present put together have not achieved 90% of Ambode 's achievements. On Detective Fash...do you remember the website and boreholes?! Minister of Dar...

1st position Dave umahi White elephant projects man....he did little to increase the wealth of the state...Do you know that there was Abakiliki Rice? What did he do to improve and increase production, empower the people and grow the economy of the state? Nothing! It is not by building useless local international, markets.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by being(m): 9:42pm On Oct 23, 2023
Obi
Fashola
Alex Otti
Donald Duke
Zulum
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by yarimo(m): 9:52pm On Oct 23, 2023
3 BEST
Bola Ahmed TINUBU of Lagos state
Atahiru bafarawa of sokoto state
Babagana zulum of Bornu state

3 worst
Peter obi of Anambra state
ALEX OTTI of ABIA state
Samuel ortom of benue state

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:47pm On Oct 23, 2023
We just sitted at the corner of our home rank politician with out yardsticks or benchmark,no disrespect to alex.someone that just started his reign you lump him with people that has finished decade ago.

1 Like

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by jimmyvic(m): 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2023
@OP, i'm still trying to understand this your post.....like WTF is Udom's name doing there

1 Like

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by SweetVibe: 12:28am On Oct 24, 2023
Any list without former governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu state (2007-2015) is incomplete.
Chime remains the top 3 governor in Nigeria and the best from south east, infact Chime was far ahead of Peter Obi in terms of infrastructure.

5 Likes

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by pensator: 12:41am On Oct 24, 2023
1ST....FASHOLA/AMBODE/TINUBU

2ND.... DONALD DUKE/ ZULUM/AMOSUN

3RD..... EL RUFAI/ MAKINDE / WIKE

3 Likes

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by StOla: 12:44am On Oct 24, 2023
being:
Obi
Fashola
Alex Otti
Donald Duke
Zulum

Alex Otti wey never use 6months?

2 Likes

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by EcoNews: 1:29am On Oct 24, 2023
Help me tell your brothers because I went to Enugu during Chime tenure n cab he provided were as cheap as bus fare in Lagos to the extent I charted one full day n enjoyed going from places to places like the car was mine the roads were also superb altru my trip in Enugu.

Night life nobody told me I couldn't go anywhere as I went from club to club. I also went to Onitsha a year after Obi shortly after new year n I spent 3 good days waiting on traffic to cross the Niger bridge we actually had to go n stay with a friend for those 3 days for traffic to ease so I still can't phantom how any living soul can sell Peter Obi to me as a good governor when I had first hand experience.

All Tru my journey in Anambra from the wedding to reception to hotel I lodged I did not come across a single road or street that I was fascinated with like when I visited Sullivan Chime Enugu or Godswill Akpabio Akwa Ibom.

I remember entering Eket which is not the state capital Uyo or Akpabio Senatorial district in the dead of the night with street light shining with delicious potholeless road with articulated covered drainage n overhead bridge to garnish n I was wondering if I was still in Lagos after the horrible road trip experience I had crossing in from Abia n Imo due to bad road n traffic.

SweetVibe:
Any list without former governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu state (2007-2015) is incomplete.
Chime remains the top 3 governor in Nigeria and the best from south east, infact Chime was far ahead of Peter Obi in terms of infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by Eteka1(m): 1:42am On Oct 24, 2023
Donald Duke is one of the best Governor's Nigeria ever had.
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by whoawa(m): 2:34am On Oct 24, 2023
No Governor since 1999 till date can March former Governor of Enugu State Sullivan Iheanacho Chime.

Apart from developmental strides, Enugu became one of the 100 resilience city in the world.

2 Likes

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by Goodvibes007: 4:31am On Oct 24, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
We just sitted at the corner of our home rank politician with out yardsticks or benchmark,no disrespect to alex.someone that just started his reign you lump him with people that has finished decade ago.
I almost fell off my chair laughing when I saw Peter Obi's name. The same man Anambrans were cursing and insulting for making a mess of the state. Sotey labour party sef yab am. Infact, the testimonies of Anambrans themselves was alone to discourage voters from casting their votes for PO.
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by Wisereborn: 4:48am On Oct 24, 2023
Not necessarily in a particular order,

Sitting in the first position should be Fashola. Fashola gave hope to the masses that we can still have good and selfless leaders in Nigeria

Coming second should be Peter Obi. Peter Obi made Nigerians realise that we can still have leaders who can actually perform and also save money for future usage

The third leader is Udom Emmanuel, he made us to realize that Nigeria can actually work through industrialization

If you watch these three, they were great achievers without noise making

If we are to extend it to 5, I would have picked:

Ambode: Ambode leadership style is quite unique such that citizens in rural area felt the impact of leadership, something Nigerians thought it's no longer possible. Ambode went into the streets and made it look like an express in terms of road. Kudos to him.

Alex Otti will also be on this list going by his historical performance currently going on in Abia State. This is a state that many governors have written off, in terms of revenue generation and all that. ABA has a big international market that would have fed Nigeria and the world but evil leadership had made it impossible until the arrival of Alex Otti.

In all, you will know a good performing government when their people are happy
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by aQUINandmore: 5:58am On Oct 24, 2023
mokwechineme:
Nigeria in general has had very hard luck in their governors. Infact the various presidents have outperformed the governors. If the governors since 1999 have performed even averagely, Nigeria would have been a prosperous nation. The state executives have hidden under the cover of the searchlight solely on the national government to be extremely docile, passive and nonchalant in the development of the country. They have diverted and squandered funds meant for their various states. While the federal government is beset and confronted with the basic issues, needs and necessities of the Nigerian masses, the state executives are majorly interested in white elephant projects in total neglect and disregard of the basic and primary needs of the people

In the ineptitude, mismanagement, nonchalance and disregard that characterised the governorship experience in Nigeria, few governors however stood out - Sam Egwu, Dave Umahi, Ambode, Donald Duke, Emmanuel Udom, El Rufai, Peter Obi, Chris Ngige, Yaradua, Alex Otti.

In the above list four(4) stood out and they will be itemised from bottom to the top.

3 In the third position are Emmanuel Udom - immediate past governor of Akwaibom and Donald Duke - former governor of Cross River state. Emmanuel Udom transformational stride was very expansive and he was the best Akwaibom had since 99.
Donald Duke shared the third spot wuth Emmanuel Udom. His achievements in tourism and cleanliness led to the state hosting the Miss World Beauty Pageant. He also achieved a lot in Agriculture, Education and Transportation.

2 Sitting in second position is Alex Otti '- current governor of Abia state. Even though he is just barely five months into the governorship Abia, a state with a terrible history of state administrations have been finally blessed with a heaven's sent in the person of Alex Otti. In just five months, Abians are already feeling the impact of a working government. He promised he wont collect penny in salary because he is in Abia to render a total selfless service and i wish Abians the very best because they ve suffered in the hands of past administrations.

1 In the first spot is Peter Obi - former governor of Anambra state. He won the governorship with an unknown party at that time but was denied the mandate by the then godfathers. Anambra then was a ghetto state controlled by series of godfathers - Emeka Offor, the Uba brothers etc. He fought for his nandate for three years and eventually won in ciurt and went on to kill and bury godfatherism in Anambra politics. Before he came in, Anambra was a ghetto state as i stated earlier. There is virtually no development whatsoever apart from the few roads Ngige did. Enugu(042) as former capital of Anambra before the creation of state in 1991 carving out Enugu from Anambra was where Anambra allocations and IGR went and from 1991to 2003, Anambra was controlled by drug lords and godfathers. Anambra was the very worst in everything.

Obi came in and within 3 years took Anambra to first in education, security, creation of numerous new urban areas and the list is endless.
He met an indebted state and while leaving office left in the state coffers, cash deposit of 75billion among other investments.

Do you agree with this list or do you feel there are some past or present governors that should or shouldnt be part of the list??

it's like you typed this with hunger in your stomach, these obidient kids.
Is it this same obi you are taking about?
https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-Peter-obi-doing or another one?
Obi is one of the worse governors that has ever come out of nigeria, from doctors going on strike for over ten months and not conducting local govt elections in eight years, no signature projects but loot loot loot aLOOTa continua governor.
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by aQUINandmore: 5:59am On Oct 24, 2023
being:
Obi
Fashola
Alex Otti
Donald Duke
Zulum
this obi?
https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by MadamExcellency: 6:07am On Oct 24, 2023
@op, will you get away from Nairaland and spare the site of childish speculations? Is this rubbish what they taught you in the University on how to come about with credible information even when you are not privy to the standards you aspire to pontificate?

If you want to research the subject, please do. If you prefer polling with specific hypothetical questions or any other verifiable means of scientific algorithms, go for it, I believe that will suffice.
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by Bobloco: 6:10am On Oct 24, 2023
yarimo:
3 BEST
Bola Ahmed TINUBU of Lagos state
Atahiru bafarawa of sokoto state
Babagana zulum of Bornu state

3 worst
Peter obi of Anambra state
ALEX OTTI of ABIA state
Samuel ortom of benue state

You mean Tinubu the Guinea pig student of the Government College Lagos, who was used to test run the school four years before it was founded is the one of the 3 best governors
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by mokwechineme: 6:12am On Oct 24, 2023
EcoNews:
Help me tell your brothers because I went to Enugu during Chime tenure n cab he provided were as cheap as bus fare in Lagos to the extent I charted one full day n enjoyed going from places to places like the car was mine the roads were also superb altru my trip in Enugu.

Night life nobody told me I couldn't go anywhere as I went from club to club. I also went to Onitsha a year after Obi shortly after new year n I spent 3 good days waiting on traffic to cross the Niger bridge we actually had to go n stay with a friend for those 3 days for traffic to ease so I still can't phantom how any living soul can sell Peter Obi to me as a good governor when I had first hand experience.

All Tru my journey in Anambra from the wedding to reception to hotel I lodged I did not come across a single road or street that I was fascinated with like when I visited Sullivan Chime Enugu or Godswill Akpabio Akwa Ibom.

I remember entering Eket which is not the state capital Uyo or Akpabio Senatorial district in the dead of the night with street light shining with delicious potholeless road with articulated covered drainage n overhead bridge to garnish n I was wondering if I was still in Lagos after the horrible road trip experience I had crossing in from Abia n Imo due to bad road n traffic.

if u read the part Enugu been the capital of Anambra and all the allocations channelled there there and the dustbin Anambra was coming from, u would understand better. When did u visit Anambra last because the atmosphere u see in Awka and Onitsha is what u see replicated all over the state
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by Scream(m): 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2023
EcoNews:
I guess Peter Obi with the brewery worth next to nothing n invisible Onitsha rail will be the first second n third on your list.

Many of you foolish obidient ipob Igbos do not cease to amuse me walahi.

Your stupidity is legendary

1 Like

Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by raumdeuter: 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2023
1, Tinubu
2. Fashola
3. Wike
Re: These To Me Are/were The Three(3) Best Governors Since 1999. by JagabanB: 10:18pm On Oct 27, 2023
SweetVibe:
In terms of everything, the only thing Obi was good at is saving the funds of an underdeveloped State in a bank.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Heading Towards A Full Scale Civil War/crisis / Bandits With Heavy Machine Guns Rpgs In Birnin Gwari Forest / Friday Will Be Added To Our Weekly Sit At Home Henceforth - Mazi Simon Ekpa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.