Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,363 members, 7,920,369 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 05:04 AM

‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs (18523 Views)

Peter Obi Defends Purchase Of ₦‎160 Million SUV For LP Lawmakers / Science Ministry Settled N2m Debt With N17m Vehicles – Senate / Senate Defends N125b Budget For National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Omalicious1: 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2023
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/lg-chairmen-use-good-vehicles-senate-defends-purchase-of-n160m-suvs/

I can boldly say that every Senator owns a very good car before becoming a senator...some are even enjoying pensions as former governors...finally, nobody should tell us to sacrifice for the country again...
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Jostoman: 10:55pm On Oct 24, 2023
LeoDeKing:

I'm not a Senator.

But have the Labour Party Senators given you their own?
sorry i forgot that they just station you on nairaland to defend evil. No vex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by LeoDeKing: 11:02pm On Oct 24, 2023
Jostoman:
sorry i forgot that they just station you on nairaland to defend evil. No vex
If sending the agulu packaged fraud to his village where he currently walks around is evil, yes I'm stationed on nairaland for that, no vex.
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Menclothing: 11:16pm On Oct 24, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Lol, the vehicle is not the issue for me in this report, nor the cost, but the defence that the vehicle supplier could add 25% margin to the open market cost of the vehicle, I thought a bulk purchase would attract a discount which will make the buyer (NASS) pay lesser than the open market value

That’s when you pay cash but fgn don’t pay cash for this they pay in bit monthly for 4 yrs

They should have patronize local made and sign 4 year’s maintenance

They all
Killing naira
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by sasuke044: 12:03am On Oct 25, 2023
If you like, support APC, PDP, NNPP, LP etc. or even be talking about politics in this country,you're just wasting you time, these people don't send you, care for you etc, improve yourself as men/women, if you can relocate abroad do so, and give your children an opportunity to better life, that I'll do personally and i know God'll help and crown my efforts. If you can't relocate, don't let anything bother you, leave the best of your life in Nigeria, smile, laugh troubles off, take on the one you can and leave the rest. If there's anything called next life, I'll never be in this shit hole called a country, whose foundation right or before 1960 is destroyed.
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by sasuke044: 12:13am On Oct 25, 2023
Agile doctors are leaving daily, causing shortage of medical throughout the country, they don't care, they all have backups, it's the citizens that have next to nothing that keeps suffering, dying (some that very much avoidable),Nigeria happened to them. Leaders that don't serve, no empathy, no selflessness, it's all about the money. This has in turn caused moral decadence in the society, parent supporting their wards doing fraud, high drug abuse etc, a child of 15, fraud. When the leaders have failed, this is what you get. Defending buying a 160M car with the nations money, oh my God. Whereas a white man(USA) senator, went to stay with her friend in Washington or whereabout because she said she couldn't afford to rent a room due to high cost, those are people that serve
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by sasuke044: 12:22am On Oct 25, 2023
If you're still an optimistic @ her, don't waste your optimism, channel is somewhere else, cause the template that this old lads have set is what will continue in thousands of years to come. They're watching you stealing, when they get there, they'll empty the Treasury too. You're not selfless, they won't be too, and on and on it goes.
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by ufotunang: 12:25am On Oct 25, 2023
Democracy in nigeria is the government of the politcians, for the politcians and by the politcians 🙄
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by ufotunang: 12:27am On Oct 25, 2023
That is why I do not go out to vote during election.. voting for all this greedy politcians is just a waste of time
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by ufotunang: 12:28am On Oct 25, 2023
Rayjnr:
We love suffering as a people, always gathering at campaign ground to listen to their lies, then complain later .
..that is why I do not go out to vote during election... voting for this greedy politcians is just a waste of time

1 Like

Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Dongallant: 12:30am On Oct 25, 2023
dre11:

https://dailytrust.com/lg-chairmen-use-good-vehicles-senate-defends-purchase-of-n160m-suvs/
These dogs are being paid tens of millions monthly,yet a whopping #160m of tax payers money must be used to get them the latest SUVs in the face of unbearable socio-economic hardship!Can the #160m 2023 Landcruiser fly? Or what exactly can it do that a far cheaper older model of it cannot do?
Most of these people can hardly remember the last time they used their own money to purchase the latest model of any car-however cheap-but because it's tax payers' money they must use it as they like.Nigerians! Who did this to us? Anyways, I won't put the blame squarely on the leaders because bad followership too begeth bad leadership.
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by ufotunang: 12:33am On Oct 25, 2023
Nigerians is time to be boycotting elections....if they do not provide good goverance and better life and good standard of living for nigerians...no need to vote.. boycott the election... voting during election is just a waste of time .. what have you benefited from this leaders and politcians since 1999 you have voted till now...
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by nkemjacob2(m): 3:32am On Oct 25, 2023
I don't think Nigeria citizens are participating fully in governance. Here the complains Neva cease. We need start learning, developing the act of recalling senators.

The order time I post measures how to recall a senator and the ambiguous grey areas. My post doesn't hit the front page.

The leaders u claim they are representing u, are not ready for govannance

1 Like

Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by naturefellow(m): 3:37am On Oct 25, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Me too.
this man will eventually cause you cardiac arrest.
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by naturefellow(m): 3:39am On Oct 25, 2023
Bad roads is the justification for this ostentatious vehicles?

Why not use the money to fix the road then?

Idiots with power!
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Besuccesful(m): 4:27am On Oct 25, 2023
Do you need a reliable and trustworthy employee in your company? Our job at MDRecruit Agency is to source for dedicated staff for our clients. We are currently based in Lagos island. Kindly reach us on our whatsapp number for more enquiry.

Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by thunderbabs: 7:18am On Oct 25, 2023
Buy them Lamborghini join abeg...So that they can have better vehicles undecided
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:30am On Oct 25, 2023
Imagine Senators complaining that the Nigerian Roads are bad....lols

So to service a car of 160million will not cost much than to service a car of 5 million?

@ LEODKING....Is this part of what Tinubu promised NIGERIANS?....lols
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Franzinni: 7:53am On Oct 25, 2023
Nigerians deserve the deception...
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Rayjnr: 8:04am On Oct 25, 2023
ufotunang:
..that is why I do not go out to vote during election... voting for this greedy politcians is just a waste of time

I cannot blame you, these guys have perfected their deceit, same way some people were busy analysing what Buhari would do in 2014 was the same way they analyzed what tinubu will do, but what do we get as a nation, pure lies.
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Truths9ja: 8:17am On Oct 25, 2023
Once they reach the red or green chamber, they forget the constituents that elected them to power. Upon the sorry state of the economy, they still go ahead to purchased the vehicles at the expense of dieing Nigerians living in penury. We can only recall them of their evil deeds in power. Any Senators or representatives that never do well in his various senatorial district and federal constituencies, By the Special Grace of God, We will be calling them out and remove them in the election year. Enough of oppression in the land. They are just bunch of selfish and wicked legislators in the National Assembly.
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by michealon2001: 8:38am On Oct 25, 2023
the person defending this must be crazy and mad in the sense that he said and i quote These vehicles that you see, go to Nigerian roads today, If I go home once, my senatorial district, I come back spending a lot on my vehicles because our roads are bad.”
why not pass a bill for all the state and federal road be fixed,nope you guyz won't but you slowpoke can come and tell us that the roads are bad
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by meedoLock(m): 8:51am On Oct 25, 2023
It would have been justifiable if they all went for Bajaj motorcycle, with this, you don't need to bothered about bad roads that your lots ought to make good.

This people aren't even closer to an average Nigerians, or would they say they are blind to the plight of people? They don't know alot look out to where their next meal would come from.

If the ministers and prominent politicians in foreign lands could opt for a bicycle riding to their office instead of exotic cars. Who swear for Africa please?
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by EAKeffective: 10:47am On Oct 25, 2023
People in such positions-Senators, House of Rep/assembly members, ministers and other appointees of government should be able to buy their operational vehicles or at best given vehicles on loan, they've the resources. There's no justification whatsoever for this reckless and imprudent spending
of the common wealth particularly at this time when over 60% of Nigerians can barely feed. Most annoying is the fact that there are already outstanding debts incurred for this same frivolous purpose by the previous assemblies upon which this new debt is going to accumulate. Do these people have conscience at all?
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by creativehubb: 10:51am On Oct 25, 2023
These people are very dumb...thieves, the country is broke!

NLC should protest, and this time Nigerians should head to the house of representatives and Senate buildings.
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by ufotunang: 11:14am On Oct 25, 2023
Rayjnr:

I cannot blame you, these guys have perfected their deceit, same way some people were busy analysing what Buhari would do in 2014 was the same way they analyzed what tinubu will do, but what do we get as a nation, pure lies.
.. what nigerians should do now towards 2027 general election... should now tell the politcians that before 2027 if they do not provide good goverance and give nigerians better life and better standard of living and fulfil all their promises they promised nigerians during the election campaign... that 2027 election that we nigerians will boycott the 2027 election... that we nigerians are not going to vote until they fulfil all their promises they promised nigerians...if they do not fulfil it....no voting during 2027 election...this is what nigerians should tell the politcians in power now... because election in nigeria is a scam

1 Like

Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Mummiesboy: 11:37am On Oct 25, 2023
Thanks to the Almighty that makes death the respecter of no one.....After all comes judgement
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by Rayjnr: 1:37pm On Oct 25, 2023
ufotunang:
.. what nigerians should do now towards 2027 general election... should now tell the politcians that before 2027 if they do not provide good goverance and give nigerians better life and better standard of living and fulfil all their promises they promised nigerians during the election campaign... that 2027 election that we nigerians will boycott the 2027 election... that we nigerians are not going to vote until they fulfil all their promises they promised nigerians...if they do not fulfil it....no voting during 2027 election...this is what nigerians should tell the politcians in power now... because election in nigeria is a scam
Yes, supported
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by ufotunang: 2:42pm On Oct 25, 2023
Rayjnr:

Yes, supported
..yes... when nigerians boycott the election and refuse to vote let's see how the politcians will enter their elective office or enter government positions or their politcial elective office/ position
Re: ‘LG Chairmen Use Good Vehicles’, Senate Defends Purchase Of N160m Suvs by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2023
Excessive dedication for luxury is fueling stealing in governance in glace race. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Buhari Condoles Chad, Borno | P.M. NEWS Nigeria / Sylva: I Remain APC Governorship Candidate In Bayelsa State State / North-west House Caucus In Disarray Over Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.