Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,824 members, 7,872,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex (1629 Views)

I'm finding it difficult to adapt to the Lifestyle Of My Husband To Be. / 4 Reasons Why You Can't Be "Just Friends" With Your Ex / Say Something Nice About Your Ex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by nelboy: 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2023
Some intimate relationships actually started with normal friendship and then Gradually progressed to an intimate relationship.
Most times in this kind of relationships if there is a break-up. It’s usually difficult for both of them to remain friends.
I feel that if the intimate friendship does not work then you Guys can go back to being normal friends, that is if the cause of the breakup was not toxic
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2023
One day you'll have issues with your partner and go to your ex for emotional support, they'll then start manipulating you into believing that your current partner is not good enough for you, that you deserve better just so they can have that one more hit.

And before you know it, you guys will start sleeping together more frequently... Once your partner finds out and dumps you, there are high chances that the ex will also walk away and claims that he or she was just having fun, nothing serious.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by ImmanuelMyron(m): 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2023
It's never difficult if you play your game wisely with maturity.
My ex still called and text me till date.
NO HARD FEELINGS!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Emperormartin(m): 11:14pm On Oct 24, 2023
Samantha124:
One day you'll have issues with your partner and go to your ex for emotional support, they'll then start manipulating you into believing that your current partner is not good enough for you, that you deserve better just so they can have that one more hit.

And before you know it, you guys will start sleeping together more frequently... Once your partner finds out and dumps you, there are high chances that the ex will also walk away and claims that he or she was just having fun, nothing serious.
You're talking from experience

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 24, 2023
Nope, I'm talking based on my observations.
Emperormartin:

You're talking from experience

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by texannaija: 11:56pm On Oct 24, 2023
Still friends with most of my exes (cool friends). Nothing intimate at all.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by HopeNeverDies: 2:11am On Oct 25, 2023
Lol, I personally find it so weird...

I don't do no Texting of Exes if she initiated the breakup.

If she has wanted me so bad, why the breakup? Infact I take the breakup so serious so as to have an edge over her later. ..

I was recently served breakfast, well I laughed over it lol coz she's expecting we become friends or some sort...

Wtf does that mean?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by qtguru(m): 3:29am On Oct 25, 2023
Mine was betrayal she left me for an ex, and since then I just ignore her, her ex broke up with her and she's been disturbing me to be friends, I never read her messages. I just ignore.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:43am On Oct 25, 2023
Once you are my ex...I can never be friends or write you.I bury all the memories.i delete you from all media,even your friends and families,I delete too.Na only God fit make us come across each other because I will never do anything to make us cross path.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Nobody: 5:05am On Oct 25, 2023
Okay, if you say so.
DestinedForGrea:

That looks too exact and generic to be just an observation.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Reminderz: 5:21am On Oct 25, 2023
not all relationship end badly... all of my exes, we are in very good term... the thing is when you're in the game, you'll learn to invest less and emotionally detach yourself from bullshit... you'll see things before it actually happens so you'll prepare yourself... once you sabi the dating game wella, you nor go dey put things for mind
.. just enjoy the ride for the time you guys are to be together... no hard feelings...

all my exes are good with me, in fact, if dem invite me to their wedding I will go... but that doesn't change the fact that they are still X... If you put the relationship for mind too much and didn't prepare for a breakup and all of that, na when the thing go dey pepper you say make you nor follow the person talk again... but when you don understand, you'll learn not to take life too seriously..

sometimes when you even show them you don't care and all that, it even pains them the more.. when you show zero emotions and act normally after breakup, it hurts them the more... I won't block you, if you call, I won't cut your call... but I will show indifference to you... in fact, you might even recommend a customer for me in the future... everyone has a reason why they stopped talking to a particular ex but generally, the ones who feel hurt the most are the one who has unnecessary expectations for their partner... If they know you blocked them and all that, dem to know say the breakfast pain you wella... see ehn, when you don Sabi the game, statements like "I want a breakup, I want a break, I need space" nor go move you ajeeh... na you go dey happy sef say your wahala don go... because you had nothing to lose in the relationship...

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by WeirdAlien: 8:28am On Oct 25, 2023
Immaturity.

You don't have to end a relationship with a fight or bitterness. You can come to terms with your partner that you guys are not compatible and end it amicably.
But when one or both of you are not emotionally matured, you will become bitter enemies after breakup, or end up cheating on your current partners.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by drimzsmoke(m): 9:19am On Oct 25, 2023
Reminderz:
not all relationship end badly... all of my exes, we are in very good term... the thing is when you're in the game, you'll learn to invest less and emotionally detach yourself from bullshit... you'll see things before it actually happens so you'll prepare yourself... once you sabi the dating game wella, you nor go dey put things for mind
.. just enjoy the ride for the time you guys are to be together... no hard feelings...

all my exes are good with me, in fact, if dem invite me to their wedding I will go... but that doesn't change the fact that they are still X... If you put the relationship for mind too much and didn't prepare for a breakup and all of that, na when the thing go dey pepper you say make you nor follow the person talk again... but when you don understand, you'll learn not to take life too seriously..

sometimes when you even show them you don't care and all that, it even pains them the more.. when you show zero emotions and act normally after breakup, it hurts them the more... I won't block you, if you call, I won't cut your call... but I will show indifference to you... in fact, you might even recommend a customer for me in the future... everyone has a reason why they stopped talking to a particular ex but generally, the ones who feel hurt the most are the one who has unnecessary expectations for their partner... If they know you blocked them and all that, dem to know say the breakfast pain you wella... see ehn, when you don Sabi the game, statements like "I want a breakup, I want a break, I need space" nor go move you ajeeh... na you go dey happy sef say your wahala don go... because you had nothing to lose in the relationship...

So you can allow your woman to be in communication with her ex
In August 2020, one of my exes( she's also my sister's god-daughter) came over to her place for my niece's birthday . It was during lockdown, so anything past 7 in her area, you won't be able to get a bike again. She spent 2 nights at her place. The 1st night( the night before the birthday), I was able to avoid her by sleeping at a friend's place. On the night of the birthday, because of the party and all, I couldn't move early and by the time I decided to leave, I was unable to get bike.... I slept on the sofa in the sitting room while she slept in 1 of the rooms, later in the midnight, she came to wake me saying she saw a bird by the window and that she couldn't sleep alone in the room. After much argument, I followed her to the room.... a lot of shit happened(but no sex, I was asking out a girl then and I didn't want to cheat on her, lolz), we didn't sleep till morning.... Later in the the morning, she told me she was getting married the following month!!!
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Negroid001(m): 10:45am On Oct 25, 2023
nelboy:
Some intimate relationships actually started with normal friendship and then Gradually progressed to an intimate relationship.
Most times in this kind of relationships if there is a break-up. It’s usually difficult for both of them to remain friends.
I feel that if the intimate friendship does not work then you Guys can go back to being normal friends, that is if the cause of the breakup was not toxic
Don't forget the law of okafor "Once Debe, always debe!"
No let any babe fool you that she has gotten over one stupid ex.

Even me sef, some ex still dey collect. And dem get boyfriend and fiance.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 4:27pm On Oct 25, 2023
I'm still friends with about 90% of my exes and they still give me toto every time we bump into each other grin

I can never reject toto from an ex whether married or still single grin
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by JONSYN7154: 5:56pm On Oct 25, 2023
The opposite of LOVE is what?

HATE.

That's why they can't be friends again.

QED!
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by DaudaTheSexyGuy(m): 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2023
drimzsmoke:

So you can allow your woman to be in communication with her ex
In August 2020, one of my exes( she's also my sister's god-daughter) came over to her place for my niece's birthday . It was during lockdown, so anything past 7 in her area, you won't be able to get a bike again. She spent 2 nights at her place. The 1st night( the night before the birthday), I was able to avoid her by sleeping at a friend's place. On the night of the birthday, because of the party and all, I couldn't move early and by the time I decided to leave, I was unable to get bike.... I slept on the sofa in the sitting room while she slept in 1 of the rooms, later in the midnight, she came to wake me saying she saw a bird by the window and that she couldn't sleep alone in the room. After much argument, I followed her to the room.... a lot of shit happened(but no sex, I was asking out a girl then and I didn't want to cheat on her, lolz), we didn't sleep till morning.... Later in the the morning, she told me she was getting married the following month!!!

I'm very angry right now.

How can you waste such a golden opportunity to bang free toto grin
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Fiscus105(m): 2:11am On Oct 26, 2023
Samantha124:

It's not only ex one should avoid but also every close opposite sex, having opposite bestie in relationship is a fertile ground for marriage/relationship failure, infact, ex making it time disaster.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Fiscus105(m): 2:18am On Oct 26, 2023
qtguru:
Mine was betrayal she left me for an ex, and since then I just ignore her, her ex broke up with her and she's been disturbing me to be friends, I never read her messages. I just ignore.

Such lady I pity her future husband, provided she would stay long in marriage, I see her as pendulum that swinging forward and backward as air blows.
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by lordnkem000(m): 12:18pm On Oct 26, 2023
I am still friends with most of my exes but I don't agree u guys should be having sex. It's wrong. This is the origin of paternity fraud and everyone is to be blamed for this, not just the women
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by Sonnobax15(m): 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2023
lipsrsealed
It's wrong in all ramifications......
Re: Why Is It Difficult To Become Friends With Your Ex by blacksam01: 3:13pm On Oct 26, 2023
my ex hates me like devil...i find it hard to hate her...but from.today...i wouldn't care again if she is dead or alive...

(1) (Reply)

10 Red Flags That Show We Are Living In A Prison Planet / Dating An Only Child Whose Parents Want Early Marriage / Which Has Better Behaviour,pretty Girls Ugly Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.